Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Nuclearmonkee posted:

https://www.honeyflow.com/ Flow hives make it immensely easier to harvest though you have to be sure that you do it at the right time or what you get out is closer to raw bee vomit not hunny.

Oh man we gonna start a beekeeper fight? Honeyflow hives are poo poo for not just the money they cost, but the bees and their yield. For the (holy poo poo seven hundred dollars? I bought one from somebody awhile back for $150 and it felt like a rip off) cost, you can straight up buy like 10-15 hive boxes from a company, or build two dozen of your own. Subtract a hundo-fifty for the cost of a hot knife or small spinner, and you're still out 2x ahead doing it with real hives.

That said, any hive is better than none, so if you want to drop the dough, I mean, it's your money and my rage is 90% manufactured for comedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Queen Combat posted:

The CSB is a national treasure and I would want them to do the actual movie. It would sweep Cannes.

Thanks for giving me a new impossible lust, jerk.

:same:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

El_Elegante posted:

Yeah, they’re not loving doing anything at the moment.
Goon project?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Queen Combat posted:

Oh man we gonna start a beekeeper fight? Honeyflow hives are poo poo for not just the money they cost, but the bees and their yield. For the (holy poo poo seven hundred dollars? I bought one from somebody awhile back for $150 and it felt like a rip off) cost, you can straight up buy like 10-15 hive boxes from a company, or build two dozen of your own. Subtract a hundo-fifty for the cost of a hot knife or small spinner, and you're still out 2x ahead doing it with real hives.

That said, any hive is better than none, so if you want to drop the dough, I mean, it's your money and my rage is 90% manufactured for comedy

How are they poo poo for the bees? I had a quick look and but all I could find was some kinda kooky-sounding over-anthropomorphised stuff. I mean if you're going to talk about what bees want then I imagine they'd prefer not having their honey taken at all.

And yeah they're expensive but they're also apparently significantly less work to run. My dad's been a hobbyist beekeeper most of his life but he's getting old now and I think something like this could get him back in to it, as it doesn't involve heavy lifting and moving equipment in and out of storage.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Splicer posted:

Goon project?

I mean, CSB parodies involving movie fuckups sounds like an instantly popular YouTube channel.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Queen Combat posted:

I think my grandfather's was bought used. If you want to just have a beehive in the back yard and some honey for personal use and maybe give some to neighbors/family minus most of the labor involved in actually doing beekeeping and harvesting.

We had about a dozen boxes I helped my grandfather maintain on his property and later when he got too old to do it he just got one flow hive to sit in his yard. It's miles easier if you don't really care about it as an economic activity and more as a hobby. Just had to filter the honey (probably didn't even really need to do that. not much bee bits and wax comes out of the thing) and that was basically it aside from normal health checks and maintenance. Even winterizing the hive was just pulling out the queen excluder since they like to go up into the honey super in the winter will leave her to die if it's not removed.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I mean, CSB parodies involving movie fuckups sounds like an instantly popular YouTube channel.
Just as long as it's voiced in a serious, authoritative voice and not that self indulgent chucklefuck hurrdeehurr I'm telling a joke aren't we funny verbal equivalent of a poo poo eating grin tone every loving fake-serious YouTube or podcast host does.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It would need to get the Airplane treatment then.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

drgitlin posted:

It’s very easy to make a wrong turn by the Lincoln Memorial and you end up doing the same thing with Arlington Cemetery.

I’ve actually done this, highways down by the river are soo hosed up there. It’s amazing how bad.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

I feel like this got missed at the bottom of a page, and I laughed my rear end off and think you should too.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

The Jurassic Park one would be legendary.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

We have to get the actual narrator though. Won't work without his voice.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I’d like to see a breakdown of the opening scene from Ghost Ship done in that style.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Pretty sure I've seen this done for the lack of rails on the Death Stars before.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

McSpanky posted:

Pretty sure I've seen this done for the lack of rails on the Death Stars before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD83QaWy8LI

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

https://i.imgur.com/Vde2cIm.gifv

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

The Lone Badger posted:

We have to get the actual narrator though. Won't work without his voice.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

El_Elegante posted:

I would watch the poo poo out of a Prometheus sequel that was just a Weyland Yutani internal use only review of the Prometheus incident made in the style of a Chemical Safety Board video.

"It's ill advised to remove your helmet on an alien planet."
That scene made me eyeroll/nerd rage so hard.

Hard Hats on. I'm sure the'yre fine.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

McSpanky posted:

I'd accept a video cataloguing the chain of failures that resulted from a torpedo striking an extraneous thermal exhaust port, ultimately resulting in the loss of 40,000 lives.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

I'd accept a video cataloguing the chain of failures that resulted from a torpedo striking an extraneous thermal exhaust port, ultimately resulting in the loss of 40,000 lives.

Done Mayday/Air Disasters style.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

In fairness to the Empire, that was industrial sabotage. It was designed to fail spectacularly if that particular condition was satisfied.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Grundulum posted:

In fairness to the Empire, that was industrial sabotage. It was designed to fail spectacularly if that particular condition was satisfied.

Isn't that just PR spin put out by the Empire?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Reign Of Pain posted:

I used to know a guy that worked in the Austin Fire Dept and he had to show up to an accident where a guy on a motorcycle went over the side on one of those and got his leg chopped off on one of those green highway signs on the way down. The bike was on the top level...a leg on the middle and most of him was on the ground level....183 N exit from Mopac for Austin goons...

Was he okay

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

GotLag posted:

Isn't that just PR spin put out by the Empire?

Rogue One spoilers.

In Rogue One the dude who designs it says he put a weak spot in deliberately.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Yeah, I wasn’t sure if the other person missed the reference, or if they were continuing the joke by calling Disney the Empire.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
The HSE wasn't founded until 1975 :colbert:

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

That raises a good question. How do you score it for shoes on/off if the shoe stays on the foot, but the leg is amputated.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Wingnut Ninja posted:

That raises a good question. How do you score it for shoes on/off if the shoe stays on the foot, but the leg is amputated.

she'll be right

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Don't tap into a fuel pipeline to steal fuel, people.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-46929950

66 dead.

"Some locals criticised security forces at the scene for not warning people more forcibly to get away from the leaking fuel."

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
if thats the same video i saw this morning it has graphic death so buyer beware

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Yeah, stop being poor, idiots!

schmug
May 20, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

if thats the same video i saw this morning it has graphic death so buyer beware

the BBC one should be fine but stay away from the liveleak one. :stare:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

https://i.imgur.com/TS12Qir.gifv

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Phanatic posted:

Don't tap into a fuel pipeline to steal fuel, people.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-46929950

66 dead.

"Some locals criticised security forces at the scene for not warning people more forcibly to get away from the leaking fuel."

You're saying that Madmax was not a documentary?

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I'm more shocked that it looks like the rupture went on for hours as people were collecting fuel. The full video is made up of two clips, the first one while the sun is still up and everyone is having a good ol' fuel collection party, and the actual explosion appears to be well after sundown.

When the news described it as an illegal tap, I was expecting like a makeshift spigot or something, not a geyser of gasoline which is effectively a fuel-air bomb in the making.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
What are the betting odds that the ignition was due to some idiot lighting a cigarette?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
High. Even just static build up would do it, a lot of plastic containers there.

Anyway...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

drunkill posted:

High. Even just static build up would do it, a lot of plastic containers there.

Anyway...

nope.

nope nope nope nope nope

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Still cannot believe people would get anywhere near this gasoline geyser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

LifeSunDeath posted:

Still cannot believe people would get anywhere near this gasoline geyser.

I stopped watching.
It turns out I do not want to know how long people can run while on fire irl.

:(