Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Skwirl posted:

Oh god, that's everything I've ever wanted. Are the codes the same for oldrim and SE?

Yep, as far as I know all the IDs are the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yeah, in fairness, Serena is genuinely a terrible anime magical girl you rescue from 1 million years of stasis with the power of love and she shows you her honkers and then pulls out her sick ancient daedric katana and helps you beat up her dad while making joss whedon wisecracks.

She's really really bad. The best VA in the world couldn't salvage it.

I think you installed too many mods from LL.

I'll have to pay attention next time, I never really felt she was a bad companion/character even if the Dawnguard story/pacing are pretty meh. I think I only ever use her, Jenassa and Aranea when I do use companions so I don't have many to compare her to.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Shockingly, you actually can't marry the vampire girl

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raserys posted:

Shockingly, you actually can't marry the vampire girl

:monocle: But if not by falling in love with the protagonist, then how are the sidekick's problems resolved?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Addamere posted:

:monocle: But if not by falling in love with the protagonist, then how are the sidekick's problems resolved?

You got it backwards on who is the protagonist and who is the sidekick though

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

It felt very awkward watching Serana's family drama from the sidelines. It was pretty oblivion-like, with your character having very little agenda by themself, just getting bossed around by everyone. The NPCs don't even acknowledge the fact that you are the dragonborn, it was all very disconnected.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Flinger posted:

It felt very awkward watching Serana's family drama from the sidelines. It was pretty oblivion-like, with your character having very little agenda by themself, just getting bossed around by everyone. The NPCs don't even acknowledge the fact that you are the dragonborn, it was all very disconnected.

Durnehviir at least knows who you are and respects you accordingly.

Durnehviir's a bro.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Flinger posted:

yeah it was a great change of pace

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Well I started Dawnguard because if it's good enough to cause sa users to argue about it, it's good enough to play.

But uh, folks, it seems the most important thing to say about Dawnguard is that this fukken crossbow slaps

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there are crossbows in skyrim?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Addamere posted:

Yeah they are part of Dawnguard apparently.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DrNutt posted:

Yeah they are part of Dawnguard apparently.

sounds like a reasonable tradeoff for vampire lady about whom gamers have opinions

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Addamere posted:

and special bolts if you side with the dawnguard and/or mods

and pet armored trolls

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 19, 2019

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Addamere posted:

sounds like a reasonable tradeoff perfect complement for vampire lady about whom gamers have opinions

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

serana is fine btw

some of the dungeons are uh, a real slog though

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2OYcgr4rM

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
inferior to dickbuttcoin

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Does anyone know how to go about making an item you normally cannot add to the favorite menu able to be favorite'd? I am trying to use the bear traps in Ordinator and I know the power to drop them causes CTDs. I found an oldrim mod that let you set a hotkey for bear traps but it also causes CTD. I'm not sure if there is a way I can hop into the CK/TESVEdit and make them able to be added to the favorite menu. Basically a last ditch effort to make this build work.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Been about a year since I last checked what's new on the skyrim modding scene, let's check the front page of the nexus.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22655

See you in a year.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Been about a year since I last checked what's new on the skyrim modding scene, let's check the front page of the nexus.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22655

See you in a year.

On the other hand, the modder did demonstrate uncommon restraint by not modeling detailed sexual characteristics.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

See you in a year.

You might have missed that one too from the front page:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

You might have missed that one too from the front page:

is that the same modder and also a Prequel/Katia Manigan reference

yeah that might be enough Skyrim modding for today

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The first comment is "Is it lore frenly"

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The first comment is "Is it lore frenly"

:thunk:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

and special bolts if you side with the dawnguard and/or mods

and pet armored trolls

You can side with the mods? I will fight on the side of Literally A Bird and Cash Crab.

Regarding Serana, my big issue with her is that she absolutely will not gently caress off for just a little while please. Once you start that quest line, kiss stealth goodbye until you've finished it!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The PYF mods have my axe.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Stealth is for cowards

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Agents are GO! posted:

You can side with the mods? I will fight on the side of Literally A Bird and Cash Crab.

Regarding Serana, my big issue with her is that she absolutely will not gently caress off for just a little while please. Once you start that quest line, kiss stealth goodbye until you've finished it!

I'll try to find it but I remember a mod that allowed you to obtain the full set of rewards from the other faction too (special bolts and all if you side with the Volkihar).

I think someone posted that earlier but apparently https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16815/ makes her better. Not at sneaking as per the features and changes but at least useful in combat.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Simsmagic posted:

Stealth is for cowards

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
So how do you guys that use NPC replacer mods deal with the pervasive black face bug that makes it look like a bunch of NPCs just came from a douchey frat's terrible "ghetto" party? I've tried some stuff after googling this particular problem but it seems very finicky and the solution of refreshing facegen data via the creation kit seems to solve the problem but also seems to revert the character back to vanilla.

I realize with these bugs there can be a zillion points of failure but I'm just wondering if anyone around here has experience with tucoguide mods or Nordic has any input on how to deal with this when you have a ton of mods loading.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

DrNutt posted:

So how do you guys that use NPC replacer mods deal with the pervasive black face bug that makes it look like a bunch of NPCs just came from a douchey frat's terrible "ghetto" party? I've tried some stuff after googling this particular problem but it seems very finicky and the solution of refreshing facegen data via the creation kit seems to solve the problem but also seems to revert the character back to vanilla.

I realize with these bugs there can be a zillion points of failure but I'm just wondering if anyone around here has experience with tucoguide mods or Nordic has any input on how to deal with this when you have a ton of mods loading.

It's from an NPC overhaul colliding with another one. Easiest way to fix: either follow a mod guide, exactly, point by point (Nordic Skyrim has a replacement all-in-one ESP for example to prevent the issue - it's probably been updated since you tried last) or just use one NPC overhaul.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lum_ posted:

It's from an NPC overhaul colliding with another one. Easiest way to fix: either follow a mod guide, exactly, point by point (Nordic Skyrim has a replacement all-in-one ESP for example) or just use one NPC overhaul.

Yeah but I did do all that and there shouldn't be any conflicts, unless the tucoguide has you install stuff that conflicts without being clear about asking you to install stuff that might conflict.

The Nish
Mar 3, 2007
What mods out there do an actually decent job of editing leveled lists for items and creatures and even encounter zones.

Around last year I tried getting a game going with Morrowloot Ultimate, since that what's everyone was buzzing about, but the beginning of the game is awful. All the opening quests for factions are out of whack, and online advice is to basically roam around outside for 10-15 levels. Is there something that adjusts leveled lists like Francesco's did for Oblivion?

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

DrNutt posted:

Yeah but I did do all that and there shouldn't be any conflicts, unless the tucoguide has you install stuff that conflicts without being clear about asking you to install stuff that might conflict.

welp you're describing a NPC texture conflict so signs point to definitely maybe on tucoguide's install being borked (I never tried it)

Really i'd just recommend sticking with one of the bigger all-in-one NPC overhauls like Diversity, or follow the Nordic NPC Overhaul section if you have a high waifu content tolerance

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

The Nish posted:

What mods out there do an actually decent job of editing leveled lists for items and creatures and even encounter zones.

Around last year I tried getting a game going with Morrowloot Ultimate, since that what's everyone was buzzing about, but the beginning of the game is awful. All the opening quests for factions are out of whack, and online advice is to basically roam around outside for 10-15 levels. Is there something that adjusts leveled lists like Francesco's did for Oblivion?

OMEGA does that but I wouldn't recommend it - it kind of has the same problem when I tried it

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17653

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lum_ posted:

welp you're describing a NPC texture conflict so signs point to definitely maybe on tucoguide's install being borked (I never tried it)

Really i'd just recommend sticking with one of the bigger all-in-one NPC overhauls like Diversity, or follow the Nordic NPC Overhaul section if you have a high waifu content tolerance

Yup that's what it sounds like. drat it. I don't even know where to begin with uninstalling offending mods and what to reinstall and whether or not it's going to be gently caress up all my saves. Modded Skyrim, flew too close to the sun.

If I wanted to fix this without starting over, would this be a good start: uninstall all NPC related mods that I can find, install all in one solution or whatever I decide to use, then loot, rebuild bashed patch, run resaver, try again?

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 19, 2019

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

DrNutt posted:

Yup that's what it sounds like. drat it. I don't even know where to begin with uninstalling offending mods and what to reinstall and whether or not it's going to be gently caress up all my saves. Modded Skyrim, flew too close to the sun.
Never blind trust guides. That's just one level above blindly trusting LOOT. :colbert:
To be more helpful: There's no need to start uninstalling and reinstalling just yet. Take a note of at least one specific NPC that has the blackface bug. Load up your loadorder in xEdit, go find that NPC's record and check what mods touch it.
My first guess is that you have a basic record conflict and that's super easy to fix.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Raygereio posted:

Never blind trust guides. That's just one level above blindly trusting LOOT. :colbert:
To be more helpful: There's no need to start uninstalling and reinstalling just yet. Take a note of at least one specific NPC that has the blackface bug. Load up your loadorder in xEdit, go find that NPC's record and check what mods touch it.
My first guess is that you have a basic record conflict and that's super easy to fix.

Lol too late, rolling the dice and seeing where they land now! Lesson learned though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nish
Mar 3, 2007

Lum_ posted:

OMEGA does that but I wouldn't recommend it - it kind of has the same problem when I tried it

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17653

Thanks, but I've sadly checked that before. It either uses Morrowloot Ultimate, or Skyrim Revamped - Loot and Encounter Zones. Reading the comments for the former, people talked about getting oneshot by Draugur Deathlords at Bleak Falls Barrow and getting one-shot by necromancers in the Whiterun Hold. Which the mod references as a starting area in its documentation.

I have no idea why people think this stuff is at all reasonable for starting zones in Skyrim. Morrowind's factions all had beginning quests that gave a guided way to begin advancing in the game. But people modding Skyrim, in an attempt to make the game more like Morrowind, completely fail to supply these sort of routes in game.

I might just try deleting the encounter zone edits in Skyrim Revamped, since the leveled item changes seem to be closer to what I want than Morrowloot's changes.

Edit: Searching around for bit led to this. The author mentions adjusting starting areas, so I might crack it open to see how it works. Might be able to meld the two to make something workable.

The Nish fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 19, 2019