Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I almost had a loving heart attack when it looked like Monique lost because that was fabulous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I don't think Latrice deserved to stay. Her lip sync wasn't even with Moniques and I think it was just fan pandering to keep her. She's delusional if she thinks getting cut was unjust. Girl I love you but I've had it.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Officially

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
How many drat episodes does this season have? We're back to 7 girls lol. Wonder if they'll pull a double elimination or some other form of wackiness to level out having two weeks in a row with no eliminations.

Gia's lip sync was... lacking, especially considering the House of Edwards association.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Drag name

Manica Asstricks

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I just finished the episode after my cousin's wedding...

Ndjdgwjjfejxidjehehegehducifitjhehshfhe

Werq, Monique.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Whalley posted:

Monique is a loving witch with that wig swap a loving WITCH

Nihonniboku posted:

Yeah, I'll need to watch that again. I couldn't figure out how she did it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

also goddamn naomi did that tho. was not expecting that lip sync out of her, poo poo was tight.

latrice shoulda gone home

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

michelle in green, must be a good episode

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

esperterra posted:

also goddamn naomi did that tho. was not expecting that lip sync out of her, poo poo was tight.

latrice shoulda gone home

Yeah Naomi straight murdered up there

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Man, I am GAGGED at the routine Naomi did. That song was perfect for her moves.

I also love how every queen was scared of Trinity. For good reason too, Jasmine stood no chance, especially with the song choice. To be fair, she also didn't prep very well; her lip sync outfit gave no movement and had no "Shangela surprises" in store to help.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I hope Trinity wins it all.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

warez posted:

How many drat episodes does this season have? We're back to 7 girls lol. Wonder if they'll pull a double elimination or some other form of wackiness to level out having two weeks in a row with no eliminations.

Gia's lip sync was... lacking, especially considering the House of Edwards association.

holy gently caress, Naomi turned it out

Naomi and Trinity are queens that were super underestimated on their seasons and continue to impress

you think Trinity is all pageant and plastic but nope she's hilarious and can PERFORM

you think Naomi is all legs model fashion but nope

edit: as opposed to a queen like Milk or Pearl who are model fashion pretty and yup... that's about it

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jan 19, 2019

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

It's still the most producer/unfair poo poo to me that Pearl won her lip sync against Trixie. The entire season I thought Pearl was doing "model fashion pretty."

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

ICHIBAHN posted:

gently caress Willam and Alaska for their dismissal of the email about abusing that poor pony

I also felt this, they didn't consider the issue seriously at all. Glad someone else felt this as I was worried I was just easily offended as last week's episode when Willam was laughing about how he lied to defend a guy accused of statutory rape also didn't sit right with me!

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Pan Dulce posted:

It's still the most producer/unfair poo poo to me that Pearl won her lip sync against Trixie. The entire season I thought Pearl was doing "model fashion pretty."

also Pearl's lip synching on that season: PEARL STOMP, PEARL SMASH

I mean, Pearl is gorgeous but let's not pretend she's in the same galaxy when it comes to comedy, acting, or performing

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Whalley posted:

Monique is a loving witch with that wig swap a loving WITCH

Nihonniboku posted:

Yeah, I'll need to watch that again. I couldn't figure out how she did it.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
okay having watched the full episode:

everyone that stayed pretty much deserved to based on their lip-synch, except Monique got ROBBED. Monique had a better performance and is better reality TV. I love Latrice but girl you boring.

Valentina seems extremely calculated. Maybe she has a personality disorder, but from her excellent lipsynch I think her fiasco with the mask and not knowing the words on her original season was entirely planned.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Valentina is just fully commited to her telenovela fantasy regardless of how everyone else is willing to play along or not. She's definitely doing everything in a calculated for reality tv manner.

Also Naomi is going to pull a Kameron Michaels (again?) make it to the end with the least screentime of anyone

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Everyone was weirdly hamming it up so hard on stage. Probably because they all knew from the start it's all rigged and none of the eliminated queens sans Latrice was ever coming back. Which was why Monique was the only one with actual fear written on her face as she steps up for her lipsync.

Has the pit crew appeared at all in the past episodes? Feels like we haven't seen them in ages. The asian pit crew was giving me "I took a vague "modelling" job posting off Craigslist and now that I'm here I don't want to be here". Trinity giving Bryce a long sniff as he walks up was :lol:

Naomi and Trinity were the real winners of the night. I always knew Trinity could turn a lipsync but Naomi was unexpectedly tight. And for being the supposed "big finale moment" Monique vs Latrice was just... kind of okay. Could just be the song, Sissy That Walk isn't really a good lipsync song I feel. Also can we add a clause to the "don't snatch your wig unless you have another wig underneath" rule: "Don't snatch your wig unless you have a better wig underneath", I thought Latrice was just snatching herself bald since her black matte wig was just lost in the background. And Monique's neon orange clashed hard with her whole outfit and just looked cheap; it wasn't really much better.

All in all kind of a lukewarm episode to me. We knew from the start that Latrice was coming back, so the whole episode just felt like going through the motions, and while the final twist was good it wasn't really enough to pay off the 50 overly long minutes they spent trying to build up the climax.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jan 19, 2019

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

esperterra posted:

I hope Trinity wins it all.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

we are now basically in the exact same position we were in three episodes ago, albeit with some pretty fun drama and a lot of good valentina confessionals. so yeah its all good fun but bitch, give me a double elimination and send some queens packin already

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Trinitys cape reveal was a bit pointless, Gia's reveal was much better! I am glad that none of the surviving queens went home though, when Ru said Latrice's name first I knew it was a double won because Monique was better. I love Latrice but Monique was right, her looks are all very similar and she did mainly walk about during the lip sync (except for her amazing splits). It's a shame there was so little monet and Manila in this episode. Naomi's lip syncing was amazing.

It goes to show what amazing performers the remaining contestants are because what ever song they picked I thought it was the perfect choice for them! Except sissy that walk because that seemed a bit awkward!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Thank you, I must have taken my eyes off the screen for a split second. I completely missed that, all of a sudden it seemed like she had just seemed to shake the new color in.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm seconding the Monique/Latrice lip sync being kind of underwhelming overall. It was good, but nothing gagged me like Naomi's did or the ridiculousness of Peanut Butter being one of the songs.

Probably doesn't help that Latrice coming back is one of the two spoilers I've known since before the premiere lmao

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Pan Dulce posted:

Pearl has won more lipsyncs than any other queen on non-AS seasons. Going on numbers alone she's a bigger lip sync assassin than Peppermint. It boggles the mind.

Also Naomi did straight up the best lip sync of the season, I'm shocked.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

esperterra posted:

I'm seconding the Monique/Latrice lip sync being kind of underwhelming overall. It was good, but nothing gagged me like Naomi's did or the ridiculousness of Peanut Butter being one of the songs.

Probably doesn't help that Latrice coming back is one of the two spoilers I've known since before the premiere lmao

I'm guessing that what happened was that after the first 3 lip syncs weren't even close, they needed to bring Latrice back to justify the twist, but it wouldn't have been fair to do that at the expense of Monique, so they just kept them both.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Also I'll need to watch it again after work, but I swear production did Gia dirty and showed her lip syncing different parts of the song at times than the actual lyrics they were on. She definitely missed a few at the beginning, but lbr other than Naomi being on point and everyone knowing Sissy That Walk there was a lot of me thinking the girls didn't know all the lyrics to Peanut Butter and Kitty Girl as well lmao

No way they would ever bring Gia back, but for me that one felt like more of a double shantay than Latrice and Monique.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm continually kind of blah on Valentina's lip syncs, as well. She def brought more than Farrah, but she always looks so awkward which is weird considering her music theatre and dance background. Like the performances are good but never feel smooth. Still fun to watch but I am shook by people (in general, not really here) being gagged over what she's shown us this season.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

esperterra posted:

I'm continually kind of blah on Valentina's lip syncs, as well. She def brought more than Farrah, but she always looks so awkward which is weird considering her music theatre and dance background. Like the performances are good but never feel smooth. Still fun to watch but I am shook by people (in general, not really here) being gagged over what she's shown us this season.

I noticed last night that she was very conscious to always make sure that her face was looking directly at the judges, no matter which direction the rest of her body was facing, and she was always grinning.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Whalley posted:

Pearl has won more lipsyncs than any other queen on non-AS seasons.

What? How are you counting that?

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Eeeeesh. That was a pretty weak episode for me. It struck me as boring and stretched out and kind of reeked of producer riggery.
  • Huh... so why did nobody get sent home last week? Oh it's because both girls picked Valentina.
  • They were brazen about revealing those lipsticks, too. Valentina clearly poo poo the bed BAD last week and it was edited to look better.
  • Oh look the runway theme is something made up that could mean anything
  • Haha nice they're not being judged on their looks at all
  • Shocking, the only girls wearing nice dresses are the ones that don't have to lip sync
  • Oh look all the queens got paired with their most drama filled opponent when possible
  • Oh look all the queens were "randomly" assigned songs that suit their performance style
  • Wowee Latrice absolutely lost that lip sync no question and is back in
  • For the love of god give Monet and Manila something to DO

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I was about to get real steamed about the Monique vs. Latrice decision until that "and one more thing.." from Ru :catstare: Latrice lost that one and should not have stayed.

Naomi was way more than I thought she would be, drat.

Trinity for president all star

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Poulpe posted:

Huh... so why did nobody get sent home last week? Oh it's because both girls picked Valentina.

I call shade on this. There's no way they just decided to pause the elimination to save Valentina. They only have so much time per episode, VH1 paid for a certain number of episodes, and there are too many other intangibles to just switch challenges around to save one queen. Just think of having to reschedule the guest judges at a whim.

That being said, I also believe that their plan also accounted for a double save and Latrice's performance warranted it.

I'm not saying there's never producer fuckery, but the pure economics of TV production leads me to believe that saving Valentina was a happy coincidence.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's entirely possible they did the double shantay/no elimimation to save Val, but I doubt it. They needed 4 'bottoms' for the return episode. Maybe the original plan was whoever lost tye LSFYL would be in the 4 for the return ep, but ehhhh.

I'm more annoyed nobody went home this week.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I am still quite enjoying this show even when it devolves into absolute nonsense shenaniganery. Everyone still on the show proved why they're still there and every eliminated queen proved why they were chopped, including Latrice (who better destroy the next challenge, otherwise this episode will be rendered literally pointless).

Whalley posted:

Pearl has won more lipsyncs than any other queen on non-AS seasons. Going on numbers alone she's a bigger lip sync assassin than Peppermint.
AHAHAHAHAHA WHAT?

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jan 20, 2019

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

nerd_of_prey posted:

I also felt this, they didn't consider the issue seriously at all. Glad someone else felt this as I was worried I was just easily offended as last week's episode when Willam was laughing about how he lied to defend a guy accused of statutory rape also didn't sit right with me!

Yeah he's kinda disgusting. Rape apology is never good

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

garthoneeye posted:

What? How are you counting that?

gently caress I miscounted, I thought she'd win four. She still won three, which is technically tied for the most standard wins.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I think the word NAOMI will be echoing around my brain all week. Still can't believe that lip sync.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Quick semi-realtime semi-drunk thoughts:

She may do an okay runway but I think Gia may be one of my least favorite people on earth. She seems intentionally, willfully horrible.

Latrice, god dammit, I love you but this runway is not making a strong argument that you belong in this competition. That is an outfit suitable for a back country ice skating school's year-end recital, not loving All Stars.

Monet's gown was okay but bland.

Monique's didn't really have much of a concept behind it but I kinda liked it.

Naomi's look was honestly pretty great IMO. Lady Zardoz with legs like dayum.

Holy poo poo I kinda loved Trinity's runway. She came out and it was this obvious frumpylumpy starting look to prepare us for a crazy reveal and my first thought was "wouldn't it be hilarious if someone did this sort of look and then just never did the reveal" and that's exactly what she did. I love it so much that I wish I hadn't foreshadowed it in my own head.

Loved Valentina's look, but I always do. Did sorta look like she just had one double-wide buttcheek though.

As soon as Jasmine said "the girl nobody else wanted" I thought "Trinity, because nobody else wanted to go home" and lol. This is going to be like a shrew fighting a woodchipper.

Love the look in Valentina's eyes like she wanted nothing more than to crush Farrah's faith in a just universe yet again.

I love Farrah but she got destroyed. Valentina can actually wreck a lip sync when she actually does her homework. She has a huge stage presence. Farrah is beautiful, nice, and energetic but just doesn't seize the eye like Valentina.

Gia if you're looking for the queen you can beat I'm sorry but she got thrashed by Trinity. Everyone else here is out of your league.

God Naomi's lip sync was good. I feel like at this point my take on Naomi is "she is the one who always surprises me with how drat good she is at this". Like her only failing is that there's not a single clear theme or narrative to her style, so she doesn't have this sort of hook that makes her super identifiable in a way that many drag queens are, but on just a technical level she is a colossus.

Latrice vs. Monique: there are songs Latrice can destroy, but this doesn't seem like it's going to be one of them.

God drat Latrice obviously likes her outfit so much more than I do. Decent lip sync though.

Wait what the gently caress happened with that wig reveal, was that actual magic? I'm not sure I like the resulting look as much as I like the reveal itself though. Glad Monique got to stay, because I think she deserved it.

As someone who loves Latrice I love that she's back, but I honestly think she'll go right tf back home in an episode or two.

I increasingly feel like this season is just a series of object lessons in why the crown obviously belongs to Manila. Everybody's like "she's amazing...but", but with Manila there is no "but", she's just killing it on every possible axis.