Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

There’s more nuance to it than merely “the Buzzfeed report that Trump told Cohen to lie is bullshit.”

Buzzfeed has been the poo poo stain on the toilet of modern journalism for quite a while. So I doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
I went to HS with a girl who ended up being a BuzzFeed reporter. Same girl eventually got busted for sleeping with officials to get a scoop iirc

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

BlindSite posted:

Buzzfeed has been the poo poo stain on the toilet of modern journalism for quite a while. So I doubt it.

They broke a bunch of the stuff about the Trump Tower negotiations that were later corroborated. They published the Steele dossier. They do good investigative journalism.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They broke a bunch of the stuff about the Trump Tower negotiations that were later corroborated. They published the Steele dossier. They do good investigative journalism.

Oh yes the dossier that was widely criticised for being unverified and had massive chunks of it debunked.

They've always just thrown poo poo at a wall and waited to see what sticks.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/aoc/status/1086483485668319233?s=21

we did it

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

hahaha holy poo poo I did not expect an all your base meme from congress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fvTxv46ano

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

pmchem posted:

hahaha holy poo poo I did not expect an all your base meme from congress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fvTxv46ano

That meme is 20 years old

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

BlindSite posted:

Oh yes the dossier that was widely criticised for being unverified and had massive chunks of it debunked.

They've always just thrown poo poo at a wall and waited to see what sticks.

Well, they didn’t make any claims to its veracity and published it because it was a newsworthy item and the subject of intense discussion.

Much of the dossier is unverified but so far I do not believe there is anything that has proven to be demonstrably false. And there are certainly things like the info on Carter Page and Manafort that were proven true.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The piss tape is false

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Well, they didn’t make any claims to its veracity and published it because it was a newsworthy item and the subject of intense discussion.

Much of the dossier is unverified but so far I do not believe there is anything that has proven to be demonstrably false. And there are certainly things like the info on Carter Page and Manafort that were proven true.

Oh gently caress off. They presented it as truth and got criticised and then walked it back. They do it all the loving time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Intruder posted:

The piss tape is false

Umm, mods?

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
So Ive come to feel like the big problem with netflix originals is that they cant be a regular genre flick without involving a heavy handed personal or family drama. It's like they are all trying too hard to be serious and cant just be a dang movie

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Please don't disparage the name of Nailed It! like that

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Oh gently caress off. They presented it as truth and got criticised and then walked it back. They do it all the loving time.

They haven’t walked anything back though.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Intruder posted:

The piss tape is false

Whoa we've got a time traveler from April 1st

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Petite Dinklage posted:

Well, it's the first "big" snow in Madison and you know what that means: soccer mom's in hulking SUVs with mostly bald all-weather tires fishtailing all over the god drat place talking on their cell phones about how bad the roads are

I saw a Hummer in the ditch on 94 earlier today. Felt good.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i visited buzzfeed for the first time and all the headlines are insane. it's like every single one is some kind of AI generated bossip mad libs with white people adjectives and nouns.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I haven't heard anything from it being found to be false, and when pressed to say what's false you get silence.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Locusts are devouring crops, the rivers run with blood. Donald Trump is the leader of the free world.

My wife's water just broke. Baby Chiche 2019

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

The piss tape is false

WHAT THE gently caress gently caress YOU

what if aoc is that goon that posted about duck dicks in the gdt

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

That was me.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Spoeank posted:

What if AOC is the goonete that posted about her prolapsed holes in the gdt?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

that was also a man

ok it wasn't gdt and I may have forgotten about goop goon but I'll never forget the shower goon with the dildo where a chunk of his anal lining fell out

I would also like to mention that the new UFC championship belts are just absolutely awful

Intruder fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jan 19, 2019

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

imo AOC was one of the gimmick accounts that only posted their username, like Wizard Master or PleasureKevin2011

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm only like 70% sure that AOC never posted in LF

Also
https://twitter.com/ArtHousePtx/status/1086283973066739712?s=19

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

An anti-materialism song written by an extremely wealthy man in his mansion on his very expensive grand piano :geno:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Chichevache posted:

Congrats buddy.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Get that baby to wait until Monday so it can be born on MLK Jr. Day.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Chichevache posted:

Locusts are devouring crops, the rivers run with blood. Donald Trump is the leader of the free world.

gl hf

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

what’s the baby’s name on SA

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

Jesus this just made me remember Darren Rovell registering a twitter handle for his newborn and I will hate you until I forget this again Ehud.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ehud posted:

Chiche 2 Electric Boogaloo

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ehud posted:

There's nobody younger than 45 on this site hth.

Also congrats Chiche!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Has anyone here ever felt a more conviction to live a life that doesn’t harm animals

Every time I see the truck that transports chickens to the slaughter I feel horrible about myself

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

Has anyone here ever felt a more conviction to live a life that doesn’t harm animals

Every time I see the truck that transports chickens to the slaughter I feel horrible about myself

Just eat pork instead, if you ever get stuck being a truck hauling hogs you'll want them all to die.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Then remember those hogs have the intelligence of a 3-4 year old!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Amy Pole Her posted:

But when you get stuck behind a truck hauling 3 year olds your want than to die too.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just read an article about how they are making great progress with artificial beef and fish, so if they can get those prices to come down, you just may get your wish Ehud.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Amy Pole Her posted:

Pigs will eat people if they have the chance. gently caress em' it's us vs them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Naw, the real meat of the future is insects.