Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sanguinia posted:

The Powerball jackpot right now is 129 million. If you paid 70% of that in taxes you're still left with 38 million dollars! THIRTY-EIGHT MILLION!

If you made 200k a year for SIXTY YEARS and didn't pay one penny of taxes on any of it, THAT WOULD ONLY MAKE 12 MILLION! LESS THAN A THIRD!

I know most of these idiots are parroting "common sense," they've been fed by right wing pundits, but do any of them actually think about this poo poo? I would crawl naked over glass through the entire mojave desert to pay 90% on a winning lottery ticket. Because that 12 million left over would still be more money than I'll ever see in my lifetime!

But but but THAT 129 MILLION IS RIGHTFULLY MINE!!11!!! HOW DARE YOU TAKE ANY OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

DynamicSloth posted:

https://twitter.com/USGovReport/status/1086577339809566720

Don't forget the neoliberals will turn to the fascists long before they'd let the left attain any ground.

This dude just openly saying he's going to gently caress the rain forests, indigenous people, lgbt people, raiding colleges, attacking free press, etc to which your average international liberal is like "hmm yes how delightfully interesting his views are!" is terrifying if not unexpected.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Boris Galerkin posted:

https://twitter.com/rpdelre/status/1086493559954522112

This is a response I scrolled past and it really speaks volumes of how all these idiots think.

gently caress You Got Mine, maybe someday, but gently caress you anyway!

you can have affordable healthcare that won’t leave you to die or bankrupt you, an affordable college education that won’t leave you in crippling debt for life, etc

or- you can have what’s in the mystery box!!

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Pull the switch, score a point, then put the train in reverse, pull the switch again, go forward, and then get five points. Name the train the Vanguard and get rid of the point system

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Don't worry, my friends. There will be more crimes.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

We still don't know what the Russians got from the RNC hack, do we?

How on earth do we deal with the fact that an entire political party has been subverted by a hostile foreign power?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

PlasticAutomaton posted:

We still don't know what the Russians got from the RNC hack, do we?

How on earth do we deal with the fact that an entire political party has been subverted by a hostile foreign power?

I doubt they have poo poo on more than 2-3 people besides Trump. The current actions of the GOP are just as easily explained by Trump having the support of over 50% of GOP primary voters. The end result of crossing Trump or Russian dirt are the same - rough election and possible loss of seat - but people fearing primaries is way more likely than the RNC discovering and then storing on their servers enough dirt to sink every GOP politician.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
As someone who 100% believes that Trump is a compromised puppet the idea that the Russians have Kompromat on every other Republican and that’s causing them to act as they are is dumb and going way too far. The recent removal of sanctions on that Russian company looks to have far more to do with business pressure than some pro-Russian bent. Especially considering the large scale sanctions keep getting approved by like 98-2 margins in the Senate.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

They supported Trump because it’s easier to elect a compromised person than it is to find compromising information on existing politicians.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/NatalieABrand/status/1086413812851531777

Crisis averted.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Trump must be the dumbest world leader since Ferdinand VII of Spain.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1086624769280299008

:lol:
Those poll numbers are incredible!
https://mobile.twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/1086625083462946817

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

1337JiveTurkey posted:

The twist: She was running a long-term troll account as Fulchrum.

edit: For some content if Trump wrote a memo telling Cohen to "commit more crimes, any crimes, I don't care what" instead of specifically telling him to lie to Congress, that would technically be in line with what the special counsel said today.

More likely to be LT2012, she was just trying to sharpen D&D's ability to deal with bullshit right wing arguments all along, that's why they occasionally let the mask slip. :aaaaa:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1086626739835625474

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

We have a Wall. And it's very effective. But we're going to need more BP because of no Wall. Also can I have Wall please?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

As someone who 100% believes that Trump is a compromised puppet the idea that the Russians have Kompromat on every other Republican and that’s causing them to act as they are is dumb and going way too far. The recent removal of sanctions on that Russian company looks to have far more to do with business pressure than some pro-Russian bent. Especially considering the large scale sanctions keep getting approved by like 98-2 margins in the Senate.

I would think it'd be a spectrum, where it's not like every republican is the manchurian candidate. But russian money and hired influence is pretty clearly a real force in right wing circles right now and there is probably a varying of degrees of direct influence. Like Rohrabacher seems like he might literally get phone calls from russia directly telling him what to do, while someone else just takes NRA money and russia has been using money and people to shape the specifics of the NRAs message but the republican would not have ever actually talking directly to anyone russian linked.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

I think the plan here is to be able to say "hey, we made an offer."

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

VH4Ever posted:

You know what, though? Get used to it. She's 29. I'd wager she's the youngest Congressmember to be popular, maybe ever. Certainly in the modern era. And those her age and younger are this online. Have been since birth. She is the future. If it can change poo poo for the better, I say tweet away.

I maintain that the way we get GDPR-like privacy protections and personal data accountability in the US is going to be some major politician having long ago deleted accounts or online tracking information dumped into the media in an attempt to sink them.

All of the other younger Congresspeople will look at each other and realize something along the lines of "oh poo poo, there's probably some random mothballed server in a closet somewhere with data from my Steven Universe slash-writing days that I really don't want out of my control".

Or we'll end up in a world where debates feature arguments over who shipped who.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

it's going to be interesting to hear trump present a deal, give me 5 billion for a wall, that republicans have discussed

how will democrats ever be able to contend with such brilliant messaging

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Shifty Pony posted:

I maintain that the way we get GDPR-like privacy protections and personal data accountability in the US is going to be some major politician having long ago deleted accounts or online tracking information dumped into the media in an attempt to sink them.

All of the other younger Congresspeople will look at each other and realize something along the lines of "oh poo poo, there's probably some random mothballed server in a closet somewhere with data from my Steven Universe slash-writing days that I really don't want out of my control".

I feel we are getting really close to entering decade 3 of people proclaiming that we are moments from politicians being sunk by having internet histories.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

I like that major announcement is both lowercase and in quotes.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I think the plan here is to be able to say "hey, we made an offer."

If that’s the message, it’s him and the GOP very publicly owning the shutdown yet again.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

theyre all so loving dumb holy poo poo.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

In the way I'm pretty sure he's upset by actual coyote animals crossing the border, I'm beginning to think he thinks caravans are formed like some kind of weather phenomenon.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

:3:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Bellmaker posted:

In the way I'm pretty sure he's upset by actual coyote animals crossing the border, I'm beginning to think he thinks caravans are formed like some kind of weather phenomenon.

Coyotes driving caravans? VERY UNNATURAL. Against the laws of God?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Uh, the first two caravans were no threat and easily dispatched anyway but this third one is a big deal! It's the Jaws 3 of caravans!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Bellmaker posted:

I'm beginning to think he thinks caravans are formed like some kind of weather phenomenon.

Ague Proof posted:

It's the Jaws 3 of caravans!

Caravanado.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

So President Bigly Deals is going to announce a solution that his VP, Mitch, and freaking Jared negotiated between themselves to end the shutdown?

How in the seven hells are the Democrats supposed to react to this except to say "great, Donnie, now open the government and we'll use this new position as a starting point instead of whatever insanity you started out with"?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Ague Proof posted:

Uh, the first two caravans were no threat and easily dispatched anyway but this third one is a big deal! It's the Jaws 3 of caravans!

shouldn't have made the wall see through!

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

shouldn't have made the wall see through!

It’s like the caravan is coming right at me, glad I wore the glasses!

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
:smuggo:

https://twitter.com/lulu_says2/status/1086552871674368001

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

The three branches of government have talked it over.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

They found out these kids go to Covington Catholic, looked at their faculty directory. 82 faculty members, all white.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

So DACA maybe? Seems like the response to that would be to point out that's he's repeatedly claimed to want a deal to fix it, so how is that a trade?

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Guys you think they figured out if they call the wall “steel slate” the Dems will just have to agree?

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

Reik posted:

They found out these kids go to Covington Catholic, looked at their faculty directory. 82 faculty members, all white.

So glad to see Christians out living their faith as Christ intended. /s

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah here are the kids.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah here are the kids.

Why is the guy in front popping a squat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah here are the kids.

Did they come for Ben Shapiro?

Crow Jane posted:

Why is the guy in front popping a squat?

He's giving birth. To a beautiful Baby Hitler.