Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
these are not super impressive but are an example of one of my favourite kind of plays in CS: just dodging the other guy and wait for them to mess up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXmG7pvhAZs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
very nice my friend, but -1 point for that crosshair. yowza.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
After not playing Counterstrike for a decade I am now back on my bullshit and as terrible at it as I have always been. It's astonishing to me how much this game feels like classic CS.

Edit: is there an updated recoil reference? The one in the op is dead.

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 18, 2018

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I just played first competitive matches in 3 years and I lost all 3. I wonder how low silvers will I be placed. In last game we had 3 quitters on my team by 7:3 :s

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Jeza posted:

very nice my friend, but -1 point for that crosshair. yowza.

Hot pink will never blend on anything ftw

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Play *clap* with *clap* goons *clap*

Lots of people in the sub.io discord that group up for MM. If you play with 5 there's no rank restrictions.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

mango sentinel posted:

After not playing Counterstrike for a decade I am now back on my bullshit and as terrible at it as I have always been. It's astonishing to me how much this game feels like classic CS.

Edit: is there an updated recoil reference? The one in the op is dead.

Recoil Master map

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

ArfJason posted:

Hot pink will never blend on anything ftw

I actually just changed mine for the first time in several years from a small yellow crosshair to a small/medium white with outline and it's glorious. The outline really makes it clear on every surface.

mcvey posted:

Play *clap* with *clap* goons *clap*

Lots of people in the sub.io discord that group up for MM. If you play with 5 there's no rank restrictions.

Do this.

ArfJason posted:

Recoil Master map

I believe this map actually uses slime's recoil mapping.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Got placed to Silver Eleet and now I seem to only face smurfs ughhh. No-one had this much game sense and accuracy in Nova 4.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
its mid night ahippy happy newyear goons, I hope thæe year brings you luck and good times, vibes

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Is there a correct mouse posture? Like wrist lifted vs dragging?

Sorry if that is a stupid question.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?

Soulex posted:

The one which allows you to click the most heads.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/333862/Valve_dished_out_a_record_600k_VAC_bans_after_CSGO_went_freetoplay.php

600,000 new VAC bans in the first month of free to play :wth:

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Soulex posted:

You generally want your arm to do most of the movement, not your wrist.

After that, go with what's comfortable. Take your ingame sensitivity times your DPI while leaving the windows pointer acceleration setting in the middle to get your effective DPI.

Taking that effective DPI, don't go lower than 600 to start. Anywhere from 800-1200 is a decent place to start and get used to.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Audax posted:

After that, go with what's comfortable. Take your ingame sensitivity times your DPI while leaving the windows pointer acceleration setting in the middle to get your effective DPI.

Taking that effective DPI, don't go lower than 600 to start. Anywhere from 800-1200 is a decent place to start and get used to.

Thanks. Ive been trying to identify bad habits and noticed a difference in movement when I changed it. I mainly do wrist movements and they ache from time to time.

I think my DPI is 800 with sens at .57. Not terribly low but I also have smaller mouse space.

Coming off of 5 losses in a row. My fault for solo queing.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I kept increasing my DPI over the years since 1.6 because of new cool mice and more dpi means more better. I ended up at 4000 and moved the mouse with my thumb+ring finger only. I think 360 was around 1.5cm. Now that I started playing fps again I had to lower it a bit but I'm still at 2k. There isnt the best dpi, just use what you are the most comfortable with. If I find it too difficult to flick around / do a 180 I increase. When I notice i'm overshooting when tracking a moving target I decrease.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

West007 posted:

I kept increasing my DPI over the years since 1.6 because of new cool mice and more dpi means more better. I ended up at 4000 and moved the mouse with my thumb+ring finger only. I think 360 was around 1.5cm. Now that I started playing fps again I had to lower it a bit but I'm still at 2k. There isnt the best dpi, just use what you are the most comfortable with. If I find it too difficult to flick around / do a 180 I increase. When I notice i'm overshooting when tracking a moving target I decrease.

Loool

Seriously though don't do this

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Mcvey do you think 1.35@400dpi is too low? That’s what I’ve been using, but it seems to be lower than most pros who seem to be at more like 1.5@400 from the lists I’ve seen. I don’t think it has a meaningful negative effect on my play but it is a little hard to make fast movements. At the same time though I’m worried if I increase it it will ruin my aim

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

If you feel it's too low and it's effecting your performance change it up. Bumping it up .5 or whatever isn't going to throw you off so much that a little DM can't fix. Don't do it inch by inch either, just raise it up and DM.

Virtus.pro Michu uses something insane like a 400edpi. Guardian uses 520edpi(roughly where you're at which is considered pretty low). I think the average now is usually around 800edpi.

(edpi = in game sens * mouse dpi)

mcvey fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jan 8, 2019

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
As long as you're not constantly overshooting or aiming away from enemies when you move your finger 1 mm when pressing M1 to shoot, your sens is probably fine.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i only use pewdz' sens configuration

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

West007 posted:

:chloe:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

If you aim with the wrist you should effectively ignore pro mouse settings unless you know they are wrist aimers because what you need on a small mousepad using your wrist is literally unrelated to how you'd use a mouse if you use your entire arm on a large mousepad.

*the sound of nobody being remotely surprised*

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
i use a wiimote

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

This is the mouse I use.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
krimz supremacy https://www.hltv.org/news/25813/top-20-players-of-2018-krimz-9

Really looking forward to Katowice minors kicking off in a few days!

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I finally managed to get killed by a flashbang :woop:

Edit: Stupid imgur won't embed, here you go: https://imgur.com/Tk8IJVe

lonter
Oct 12, 2012
Subzero is a cool map, I've only played it the last weeks. Being able to stop defusers from the T-entrance box seems OP?!?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

rip mousesports

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

lonter posted:

Subzero is a cool map, I've only played it the last weeks. Being able to stop defusers from the T-entrance box seems OP?!?

No cheevo for that?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Jeza posted:

rip mousesports

I cry

People floating -styko +karrigan so chrisJ can focus on the game more but it won't matter much if a combination of sunny/ropz/oskar keep taking games off.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

poasting to find something

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Goofballs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bNZ02h9U7I toughest, pudgiest, most soft pink skinned men in the game

this video is still so good lol

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Audax posted:

I use mostly my wrist to the point I use 3.09@400 DPI. I am a global elite player.......................Or at least I SHOULD be...........

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

s1mple gets number one ranking on HLTV on what was probably the most dominant individual level of performance in any version of CS ever. It looked like there were no other mutants out there to challenge him and he was just in his own special class, but honestly ZywOo looks as good or better than s1mple did two+ years ago when he was the same age.

While I don't really hugely rate the chances of Vitality or G2, there is still the potential for a world-beating lineup from France featuring ZywOo. Would like to see that happen.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

penta aug, it's a brave new world

god how I love the scoped rifle price reduction, people keep feeding me sg's on CT and I keep having the easiest possible holds for every consecutive round after thanks to it

I guess being 4 years ahead of the meta has its benefits, now I just need to learn how to master the aug

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Now that the AUG/SG play rates are up, hopefully they will raise the prices to reasonable levels.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Hopefully not. I like this new meta.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Smol posted:

Now that the AUG/SG play rates are up, hopefully they will raise the prices to reasonable levels.

What do you consider reasonable levels? I could definitely stand them being more than $50 up from the standard rifles, but there's not a lot of leeway between the old prices and the new one.

SG was always worth it at $300 extra, but the aug very much is not with how fragile ct economy is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Give em the Negev treatment drop it to a round 2 guarantee buy