Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

it's the cover of the actual volume 1.
I really dig it. So much more than the JoJonium covers because Araki's newer style just doesn't match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yeah but the twinkier art from later in part 4 isn't representative of the art in early part 4

The twinkier art on the loving JoJoniums isn't representative of the art in the first 3 parts either!!!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Arist posted:

The twinkier art on the loving JoJoniums isn't representative of the art in the first 3 parts either!!!

These aren't Jojonium

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This chapter cover is literal perfection.

Thank you Araki.

E: *Fan artist cos it's fanart

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Loving that new cover style but kinda bummed it means JoJonium isn't likely starting back up in Japan.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've been over it a while back but the JP JoJoniums are so much better quality than the EN ones too. Much better prints and better paper. They're gorgeous.

Not that the EN ones are awful.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Modus Pwnens posted:

Loving that new cover style but kinda bummed it means JoJonium isn't likely starting back up in Japan.

It seems like it isn't so maybe the person I saw talking about the fact that they didn't do so well in Japan comparatively was telling the truth? Who knows.

But yeah, I vastly prefer the JP Jojoniums. I'm thrilled that they're using the original volumes for Pt 4.

BTW we (they, really, I'm taking a break this month so I think all I'm gonna do is QC) are still working on jojolion so I think it'll be up pretty late tonight or early tomorrow

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://mangadex.org/chapter/523634/1

Good chapter

Tsurugi...

Night Goat
Oct 24, 2009
God that was a great chapter wasn't it?

Typical creepy Joshu getting up to his old tricks and holy hell that page turn!

We already knew Tsurugi was a cold motherfucker with the whole 'disguising a bus to kill a man' thing but drat there's some hosed up poo poo going on with him now. Also i'm pretty sure someone from this thread earlier called the whole the Norisuke thing. He's just badly injured right? :(

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Night Goat posted:

God that was a great chapter wasn't it?

Typical creepy Joshu getting up to his old tricks and holy hell that page turn!

We already knew Tsurugi was a cold motherfucker with the whole 'disguising a bus to kill a man' thing but drat there's some hosed up poo poo going on with him now. Also i'm pretty sure someone from this thread earlier called the whole the Norisuke thing. He's just badly injured right? :(

He's definitely fuckin dead, he's in a goddamn body bag.

I'm surprised Tsurugi is becoming such a villainous character. And we MAYBE have a chance to find out who the blond guy is! Maybe! Of course, I'm sure the ex boyfriend will wind up being the chief physician or whatever.

Also, have we heard anything about the wall eyes in a while?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Somehow I hadn't even realized the previous fight was over.

drat though.

Norisuke :(

Tsurugi what the gently caress are you doing, I thought Tsurugi was starting to come around to the idea that Jobin was bad but then it looks like Tsurugi is knowledgeable of and involved in some way with Norisuke dying and that's just like... god drat. We never even got anymore cool King Nothing poo poo. I wanna say that's my biggest problem with part 8, a ton of the characters have neat stands but we only ever seem to see the same couple over and over and idk I'm just not a fan of where this is going, but I guess there's no way to be sure until Araki finishes this section up... man idk what it is but there was just something about this chapter I didn't really find enjoyable at all.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The thing about Norisuke to bear in mind is that Paper Moon King is an illusion stand so what you see and what you get aren't necessarily the same thing... I hope Norisuke is ok though

Night Goat
Oct 24, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

And we MAYBE have a chance to find out who the blond guy is! Maybe! Of course, I'm sure the ex boyfriend will wind up being the chief physician or whatever.

Also, have we heard anything about the wall eyes in a while?

I had the same suspicion about Yasuho's fuccboi ex but i'm leaning towards him being a red herring. Also gotta say the amount of plot movement in the last few chapters has been very refreshing.

Pray for Norisuke :pray:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Jouubin continues to be loving disgusting.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

“Are you gonna go apeshit on us?” - a totally normal thing that 8 year olds say

Starting to think that Tsurugi’s gonna be the main villain

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the hell just happened

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Tsurugi, what the gently caress man? You can't go doing poo poo like that.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

“Are you gonna go apeshit on us?” - a totally normal thing that 8 year olds say
Does anyone in JoJo actually talk like a normal human being?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mitusbasa repeating that Miss Cherry line gave me Winter Catfish flashbacks.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

what's

HAPPENING

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Where Kyo go

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hatty posted:

Where Kyo go

RIP

:smith:

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012

hatty posted:

Where Kyo go

When araki was redrawing that picture he thought, drat whos that girl in the back, i dont remember. guess ill just leave her out

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It sounds like I should probably start reading again.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the whole tsurugi thing is wild

but, don't take this as me assuming anything, i feel like the rock human thing might have something to do with tsurugi, and part of me is basing this on the fact that poor tom looks like a goddamn child to some degree himself. as i said, i'm not going to make assumptions here, but for all we know there was some weird fuckery and tsurugi is either part rock human or even maybe an impostor posing as him. it's a vague thought that hit me.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
"Her underwear is stained red!"

:yikes:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I feel like I ask this after every Jojolion chapter but :wtc:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's definitely peaky and troughy, but when it peaks, JoJolion really peaks.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

hatty posted:

Where Kyo go

I have... absolutely no clue if this is intentional or not, but if it is, WHAT THE gently caress

Oh, and Tsurugi is, uh, unexpected

Holy poo poo, we're gonna see the whole seven days of Tsurugi cleaning up behind the scenes, aren't we? Or whoever that "Tsurugi" really is. Also, his grandmother is definitely still important - what the hell is SHE up to?

I'll be honest... I have a feeling that this is the beginning of an arc that introduces the final villain. Similar like the absolute mindfuck of an introduction that Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap got in part 7. But no idea who that final villain could be, there's, like, four different candidates at this point! Surprising for JoJo, but I really like it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I hesitate to say this is Good until I see how it resolves but i absolutely want to keep reading to find out

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's good enough to keep me interested, i can say that much. been kinda iffy on a couple aspects in regards to weird little gross things happening but otherwise it's definitely unique.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If it sticks the landing that is the ending, it'll be at least above average as JoJo parts goes.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think I need to reread soon because I've forgotten what Josuke's personally is like

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/SavinTheBees/status/1086719737906642944

Hit by the arrow boys, where we droppin

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Thank you Mr. President

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OKTeryDZLg

More video here

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

finally another good jojo game

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
What the gently caress

Is that BR JoJo game for real

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, it's doing location tests in arcades in Japan.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

100 DIOs jump out of a plane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A BR isn't the only game Jotaro is going to be in

https://mobile.twitter.com/NiniiSpangle/status/1086703064357261312