Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

harissa fresca?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Sorry for the delay, been busy with some stuff IRL. Updates might be slower for a little while. Anyway, hazzafrazza time!

quote:

The hazzafrazza device looks much safer! you think.

You stand under the floodlight on a set of copper and steel circles, one inside another.

Tex Loudsnore starts pulling switches. The floodlight winks into life. Eerie, pulsing light shines down on you.

All of a sudden, you feel very strange. It’s as if your body is stretching. Hey! This is sort of how you felt when the comics rack was spinning! Are you on your way home?

The lab fades away. But you can still see Tex Loudsnore dancing around, cackling.

“I’m your worst enemy, Super-Doofus!” he shouts. “Did you really think I was going to help you? The hazzafrazza device is a matter transmitter. And I set it for the center of the star Vega!”

You try to scream, but no sound comes out. The lab is gone. A brilliant glow surrounds you. The glow gets brighter and brighter – not to mention hotter and hotter.

Too bad. But look on the bright side. At least you got to be a real star in

THE END.

I can't help but feel that teleporting a Superman knock-off into the center of a blue star should have turned out much worse for Tex than it did for us...

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 2/4

Bad Endings
Hunted down and devoured by a pair of cannibalistic children.
Yanked into a pool of black goo by a lizard-monster's tongue.
Absorbed by Milo's Glob transformation.
Transformed into King Jellyjam and forced to perform in Milo's show.
Eaten by Milo's King Jellyjam transformation after failing to kill him.
Ran into a dead end and got our head twisted off by Frankenstein.
Eaten by a hybrid monster while trying to save our rescuer.
Trapped in a world of insect people with no way home.
Drained to a husk by millions of tiny gray bugs.
Eaten in one bite by a snake woman.
Smeared into an inkblot along with Wally after he used the magic words too many times.
Lost control of our flight powers and splattered ourself across the surface of the moon.
Accidentally set the comic book we're trapped in on fire with magma-vision.
:siren:Teleported to the center of the star Vega.:siren:

Achievements
Easy One, Doesn't Count: Got a goal ending on our first try for the second time.
Trial and Error... and Error... and Error...: Encountered a total of 200 bad endings.
Cold Storage: Escaped the monster maze by getting caught in a poorly-designed trap.
Blotted Out: Saw Wally push his luck one too many times.

Our options posted:

• Jump to the Ballistic Bug comics.
  • Fail to catch the thrown test tube.
  • Jump Tex Loudsnore.
  • Don't trust Tex Loudsnore.
  • Get into the coffin.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Turns out that I remain a clumsy piece of poo poo

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Get in the coffin.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Let’s try the coffin.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Enter the coffin.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AweStriker posted:

Enter the coffin.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

Nervously, you climb into the metal box. Tex Loudsnore slams the lid closed.

You lie there in darkness. Suddenly you’re surrounded by a blinding light, like a camera flash. Then Loudsnore opens the box and helps you out.

“Your story seems to check out,” he admits. “According to my readings, your atoms don’t belong in this universe.”

“Can you figure out a way to send me back?” you ask.

Loudsnore’s smile is evil. “Maybe – just maybe! And if I do it right, I may get rid of Super-Doer forever! Every other time I kill him, he comes back to life later.”

“How will you do it?” you ask, a little alarmed.

“To escape from this dimension, every atom of you – and of Super-Doer – must be destroyed,” Loudsnore declares.

Your teeth chatter as you repeat, “D-d-destroyed?”

Loudsnore nods. “That will free you from this comic – and me from Super-Doer!” He grabs your arm. “Just stand here in front of the unconfrabulator – and don’t move!

To try this route home, go to PAGE 122.

To try to escape before your atoms get destroyed, go to PAGE 96.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 2/4

Bad Endings
Smeared into an inkblot along with Wally after he used the magic words too many times.
Lost control of our flight powers and splattered ourself across the surface of the moon.
Teleported to the center of the star Vega.

Achievements
Easy One, Doesn't Count: Got a goal ending on our first try for the second time.
Trial and Error... and Error... and Error...: Encountered a total of 200 bad endings.
Cold Storage: Escaped the monster maze by getting caught in a poorly-designed trap.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FLEE

FLEE

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I wasn't using those atoms anyway

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Sure, let's get atomized.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Let's not move.

Also, if we're just going to come back to life after we die, why do those other bad endings matter? :v:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Snake Maze posted:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Snake Maze posted:

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Let's not move.

Also, if we're just going to come back to life after we die, why do those other bad endings matter? :v:

Actually, I think it's just referring how often comics do fakeout deaths, or even outright retcon them. To Loudsnore, it really does seem Superdoer actually comes back to life.

Yes, destroying every atom of my being will ensure my continued existence.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

This seems reasonable.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Wow, I wasn't even drunk when I misspelled "flee".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5zmxPSrSZQ

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Let's get atomized. They do it all the time in Star Trek and nothing bad ever happens there. :colbert:

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Not sure if it counts as an explanation since GYBG is where consistency goes to die, but it's mentioned in one ending that even if we take on the appearance and powers of whatever character we replace, it's still ultimately us, resulting in some unavoidable differences. It's entirely possible that whatever plot-armor factor prevents Super-Doer from dying permanently simply doesn't work on us.

quote:

You swallow hard. “Go for it!” you command.

Tex Loudsnore hits a button. Streaks of blue lightning crawl along the barrel of the unconfrabulator. You close your eyes and stand absolutely still.

Hey! You thought that having your atoms destroyed would hurt. Instead, you feel light. Incredibly light. As if the slightest breath could blow you away.

You open your eyes to discover that Tex Loudsnore’s laboratory is gone! Instead, you’re floating among tiny, bright spots that look like stars. They glow brilliantly, red, yellow, blue, against the solid blackness.

Giggling, you swoop upward. Multicolored stars twirl around you. Higher and higher you go, until the colored stars blur into a bright, harsh glare.

You don’t feel weightless now, but heavy. Clumsy.

Staggering around, you grab on to... a door handle! You stumble into a tiny store packed with vacuum cleaners. An old man with long gray hair grabs you by the arm as you almost fall.

“You okay, kid?” he asks.

quote:

Kid? You peer down.

You’re not Super-Doer anymore. You’re yourself!

Hey! This is the vacuum store that was next to the comic shop! “I was trapped in the comic shop,” you gasp, pointing.

“You couldn’t have been,” the old man declares. “That place has been closed for years.”

Huh?

You describe the comic shop owner. The old man gives you an odd look. “That was Milo. He died three years ago.”

Whoa... have you traveled in time?

You ask for today’s date. It’s the same day is when you left for school this morning!

You dash outside, heart pounding wildly. The stores all look the same – except one. The windows of the comic shop are boarded up. The nails on the plywood panels are all rusty. The shop has obviously been sealed up for years.

You head for home, totally creeped out.

Could it have been a dream? It seemed so real...

One thing is certain. You’ll never take another walk through this neighborhood. And you hope you’ll never, ever find yourself in the comic shop of horrors again.

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

:siren:Goal Endings: 3/4:siren:

Bad Endings

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Jump Tex Loudsnore.
  • Escape before your atoms are destroyed.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Let's go Ballistic Bug!

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

Let's go Ballistic Bug!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
That was a goal ending? Okay.

I wanna see what happens if we don't get atomized

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Leraika posted:

:same:

Let’s flee!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Tied, next vote for checking out the Ballistic Bug comics or trying to avoid the unconfrabulator takes it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Leraika posted:

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

might as well 100% it.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

“Um, wait a second!” you cry. “I’m not sure –“

But Tex Loudsnore has already started up the unconfrabulator.

Trying to duck, you cry, “Guest sh-“

A spear of brilliant blue light leaps from the device. It catches you right in the chest. Oh, the pain! You scream.

Tex Loudsnore screams too. “I told you to keep still! Now you’ve ruined everything. You’ll disintegrate. And I’ll be stuck with Super-Doer again!”

You gaze down in horror as your body begins to crumple in on itself. You can’t scream again, though. There’s nothing left to scream with! You stretch out your hands and watch them grow fainter and fainter, until they’re gone – and you’re gone! You’re nothing!

It’s a shame. You always tried so hard to be cool.

But now you’re a total zero!

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 3/4

Bad Endings
:siren:Disintegrated by an unconfrabulator accident.:siren:

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Jump Tex Loudsnore.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Okay NOW can we go to the other comic?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Let's go to Ballistic Bug.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

AweStriker posted:

Let's go to Ballistic Bug.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You shriek at the top of your lungs: “Guest shot!”

When you open your eyes, everything is still dark. For a second, you think it’s the shadow of the robot’s foot coming down. Then you realize: It’s nighttime!

With a sigh, you lean against a nearby brick wall. You made it! You’re safe! Of course, now you have to find out where you are. Too bad it’s so dark...

Suddenly, yellow light glares around you. You blink. You’re blinded! Then you hear a faint buzz. It rises to a whine. Your dazzled eyes see a figure in a tight brown costume with flashing insect wings coming out its back.

Ballistic Bug!

“You’re in big trouble,” the bug says menacingly.

Trouble? You look down. There are tools in your hand. You also notice an open safe next to you.

Uh-oh.

You’re a burglar. Ballistic Bug doesn’t like burglars.

You’d better jump to someplace new – and fast!

To jump to a different adventure of Ballistic Bug, turn to PAGE 70.

To try a totally new comic, turn to PAGE 61.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Disintegrated by an unconfrabulator accident.

Achievements

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Different story!

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Let's go to a different issue.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Let's melt!

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

AweStriker posted:

Let's go to a different issue.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You think hard. Then you yell, “Guest shot!”

Instantly, the shadows vanish in bright fluorescent light.

“Golly,” a voice says in your ear. “Look at that!”

You gaze around. Huh? You’re in the middle of a bunch of school kids dressed in old-fashioned clothes. What’s the deal? You expected to find yourself in another adventure of Ballistic Bug. Instead, you’ve been dropped into some nerdy school trip.

Nervously, you glance upward. With your luck, another giant robot turn up any second.

“Gosh, Peewee,” the girl beside you exclaims. “We’re visiting a nuclear power plant! Isn’t this neat?”

“Yeah,” a bigger kid with a black crew cut sneers. “Maybe for a dweeb like Peewee Parkbench.”

Is he talking about you?

You glance down at yourself. Your eyes bug out. Weirder and weirder! You’ve changed into a nerdy-looking character in a bow tie.

Then you realize who you’re supposed to be.

Peewee Parkbench, the secret identity of Ballistic Bug!

quote:

The kid with the buzzcut pushes past, stomping on your toes.

“Hey!” you complain in a geeky voice. “Watch it!”

“Make me,” Buzzcut sneers.

You grin. Okay, he asked for it.

You try to call upon Ballistic Bug’s insect strength.

Nothing happens!

Then you remember what the girl next to you said. This must be the famous visit to the nuclear plant. The one where Peewee gets his incredible superpowers.

You don’t have them... yet.

quote:

You tag along with the tour group, thinking hard. You don’t even glance at the huge, powerful machines in the nuclear plant. Instead, you keep your eyes peeled for a glowing insect. That’s the creature that will bite Peewee Parkbench and give him his amazing insect powers.

At last, you spot the bug.

Whoa, is that thing ugly! It’s obviously some kind of nuclear mutant. It looks like an overgrown roach – with a huge, nasty stinger. You couldn’t really see that part in the comics. All the picture showed was a line in the air and the word “BZZZZZ!” In the next picture, Peewee Parkbench yelled, “Ow!”

Now you can see why.

Do you really want to let that ugly thing sting you?

True, you want to make sure comics history doesn’t change. But you also want to get back home. Maybe you should just jump to some other comic and keep searching for a mad scientist.

Better decide fast. The bug is coming your way!

If you use the magic words to leap to another Ballistic Bug adventure, turn to PAGE 15.

If you let the bad bug bite, turn to PAGE 116.

If anyone hadn't already figured out which superhero Ballistic Bug was a reference to, this part probably makes it pretty clear.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Disintegrated by an unconfrabulator accident.

Achievements

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

So we are supposed to be Blue Beetle right? That means we don't want to get bitten. We gotta just ride it out till we find a cool alien brooch, or some special vitamins, depending on which one we are.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
I would like to turn into Spider-Man.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Accept the bug, bite or stinger or whatever else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Octatonic posted:

So we are supposed to be Blue Beetle right? That means we don't want to get bitten. We gotta just ride it out till we find a cool alien brooch, or some special vitamins, depending on which one we are.

Or none of the above if we happen to be Ted Kord. Except we know what happened to Ted Kord so Yes, get a dubious radioactive bug bite.