Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wow that kid is a major rear end in a top hat.

I mean yeah he's a failson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I hope that rich kid gets decked in the face.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
The God of comics indeed. What a fantastic drat chapter

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
I missed Mob Psycho 100 chat, but I always thought it was an interesting parallel that Saitama/Reigan are not the teachers their disciples would want if they knew the full truth, but the ones they ultimately needed. Mob wants someone to help with his crazy psychic powers and is on the verge of tears when he goes to see Reigan, and Reigan takes him on and shows that he doesn't HAVE to use them.

Genos wants more power to help his revenge kick at the beginning of OPM, and you could say he was going down a darker path before he met Saitama (bystanders are clearly an afterthought during the Mosquito Lady fight). He gets more powerful from upgrades but being in the Hero Association (something Saitama told him to do), lets him use that power for ultimately good ends. He gets a broader understanding of what it means to be a hero (literally every time he writes in his notebook) and a better acceptance of his own weaknesses (glue dispensers in the legs!). I think ONE has said that Genos could have beaten the Sea King (pretty sure I read it somewhere in this thread), and I think that if he did, there would have been an acid smear on the floor where that little girl was.

Mob and Genos aren't necessarily stronger people from when they started, but they're absolutely better people thanks to the people they follow (usually inadvertently with regards to Saitama).

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

the rich are scum and should be eaten, god bless the monster association

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

S.D. posted:

I think ONE has said that Genos could have beaten the Sea King (pretty sure I read it somewhere in this thread), and I think that if he did, there would have been an acid smear on the floor where that little girl was.

Yeah iirc Genos would have won if he didn't take that acid shot, and Sonic would have been able to win before Sea King regained his full strength from the rain if he had a weapon from the start.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Oh drat! Man. That's gotta be the most brutal hit in the series so far.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

S.D. posted:

I missed Mob Psycho 100 chat, but I always thought it was an interesting parallel that Saitama/Reigan are not the teachers their disciples would want if they knew the full truth, but the ones they ultimately needed. Mob wants someone to help with his crazy psychic powers and is on the verge of tears when he goes to see Reigan, and Reigan takes him on and shows that he doesn't HAVE to use them.

Genos wants more power to help his revenge kick at the beginning of OPM, and you could say he was going down a darker path before he met Saitama (bystanders are clearly an afterthought during the Mosquito Lady fight). He gets more powerful from upgrades but being in the Hero Association (something Saitama told him to do), lets him use that power for ultimately good ends. He gets a broader understanding of what it means to be a hero (literally every time he writes in his notebook) and a better acceptance of his own weaknesses (glue dispensers in the legs!). I think ONE has said that Genos could have beaten the Sea King (pretty sure I read it somewhere in this thread), and I think that if he did, there would have been an acid smear on the floor where that little girl was.

Mob and Genos aren't necessarily stronger people from when they started, but they're absolutely better people thanks to the people they follow (usually inadvertently with regards to Saitama).

While you're making a good point I do want to :goonsay: that Genos wasn't concerned about casualties because everyone should have evacuated by the time he got there (And the streets were completely empty aside from one looter and eventually Saitama)

Still, things could've gone much worse. Imagine if he had run into Tatsumaki first.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Genos actually does scan for civilians before he engages, that's why hes so cool with self destruction to win and also urprised to see Saitama

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The ending to the fight was perfect. Manga good again.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I really didn't feel that fight, but man, that was the perfect end for it. The entire fight sequence just for that end. Hahaha

Comic is back to jokes again, A+

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

GimmickMan posted:

The ending to the fight was perfect. Manga good again.

fuckin agreed. making him take off the costume is a :discourse: ending through and through. also saitama constantly meeting perverts from the ninja village.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Billzasilver posted:

fuckin agreed. making him take off the costume is a :discourse: ending through and through. also saitama constantly meeting perverts from the ninja village.

Can't wait for Flashy's striptease in front of Saitama.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ok the ending of this fight definitely made everything leading up to it worth it. really tied it all together

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
New one is up:
https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/10834108156643257865

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
God drat Murata went all out on making Zombieman look good.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Getting a real "Guts meets Ash Williams" vibe from Zombieman, with a little Resident Evil sprinkled in. Very cool chapter.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm glad that was just one chapter but just really condensed with all the stuff that makes you go, holy poo poo zombieman.

A nice palate cleanser for what was basically a vignette of a horror movie slasher villain, working for the hero association, slashing up a bunch of helpless monsters.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

Getting a real "Guts meets Ash Williams" vibe from Zombieman, with a little Resident Evil sprinkled in. Very cool chapter.

Yeah, I imagined the Resident Evil pistol sound effect for every shot.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Holy cow Zombieman works for his kills, that dude is mad scary :aaaaa:

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Jesus Christ. That was... unsettling.

I need a horror manga with Zombieman

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, the Hero Association makes some good loving weapons. I mean between his axe and Metal Bat's bat well, drat.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xarbala posted:

I'm glad that was just one chapter but just really condensed with all the stuff that makes you go, holy poo poo zombieman.

A nice palate cleanser for what was basically a vignette of a horror movie slasher villain, working for the hero association, slashing up a bunch of helpless monsters.

Yeah that chapter was just perfect for me. It hit all the right notes.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

He doesn't need to put out his cigarette on himself, but of course he does.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Zombieman has been my favorite hero for some time since the webcomic. Seeing him in full action was worth the wait.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Parrotine posted:

Holy cow Zombieman works for his kills, that dude is mad scary :aaaaa:

the hardest working hero in the association

Uldor
Feb 23, 2009

Gear... Fourth!
Translated chapter

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePunchMan/comments/ahivj4/one_punch_man_chapter_101_update_143_translation/

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Zombieman really is a 90's action hero. I love it.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

zombieman loving ruuuuuules

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Holy poo poo yea that was a great chapter, and more of what I was hoping for in the pacing of the last few fights

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:eyepop:

I love this two page spread so much holy poo poo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zombieman's the first person since Mumen Rider that I'm sad to see get hurt.

Also the fact that his demonbreaker bullets break his arm everytime is woof.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Great chapter. Good humor, good short fight and excellent 2 page spreads.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

I'd say he reminds me more of The Crow; especially the trenchcoat and belts/buckles on the undershirt. The idea of a hero that won't stay down no matter how many times he's greviously injured is also identical between the two although the Crow is supernatural and Zombieman is a sci-fi in conception.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Brought To You By posted:

I'd say he reminds me more of The Crow; especially the trenchcoat and belts/buckles on the undershirt. The idea of a hero that won't stay down no matter how many times he's greviously injured is also identical between the two although the Crow is supernatural and Zombieman is a sci-fi in conception.

I'm glad i'm not the only one to think that

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

I so want to see these animated

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Guy A. Person posted:

Holy poo poo yea that was a great chapter, and more of what I was hoping for in the pacing of the last few fights

yeah it was way better than child emperors fight

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think Murata and ONE just got overly caught up in the chance to draw a giant robot fight with that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Child Emperor won't have another fight for 700 chapters so they wanted to give us a long one so we could have something to remember his skill set with. And also to compare how far Murata's illustration will have developed.