Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Oh i forgot. If you do to much necromancer poo poo in cities NPCs call the guards on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Alright in all seriousness they say the release date is June 4th but it's May 20th for the purposes of this thread, because nearly all of us are on PC and I'm pretty sure there's no way to get the Chapter on PC and not be allowed in the Early Access, right?

May 20th.

That's the day.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
Based on how Morrowind and Summerset dropped, May 20 is probably EXACTLY the day we'll get it.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

OhFunny posted:

I jolted down some notes while listening to the twitch steam. Here's some poorly organized info:

A thing they bringing up is that this is a year long story. Each patch advances the singular plot.

Does this mean that Day 1 the full content for Elsweyr won’t be in game ala Morrowind / Summerset? A lot of MMOs have moved towards this weekly / patched in story drip feed method and it kills my motivation to keep playing.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

May 20th is the exact date for PC release, ZOS has said that much already.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Iverron posted:

Does this mean that Day 1 the full content for Elsweyr won’t be in game ala Morrowind / Summerset? A lot of MMOs have moved towards this weekly / patched in story drip feed method and it kills my motivation to keep playing.

All Elsweyr content will be there but what they're saying is each DLC this year will have a common through line in their stories.

Frankly they already did this sort of thing with Morrowind->Clockwork City->Summerset, but this is the first time they made it all in one year and included the smaller dungeon DLCs in it too.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fried Sushi posted:

Expansion looks cool, except still no melee magicka weapons, maybe next year.

Man I want a new magicka weapon type so bad :negative:

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Scyantific posted:

New trial alone is worth the price of admission. No more lovely minitrials that get perfected within 2 weeks of release. There' s no way Hodor/MC/Symbolic nail down 4x HMs + Speed + No-Death Sunspire within 3-4 months, it's going to be Thieves Guild patch all over again and it's gonna be fuckin glorious.
I started playing a couple months after thieves guild launched. What happened?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Jesus, the pricing on that thing, 50$ here. Was Summerset the same when it came out? If so I'll probably just wait until the december sale again, got Summerset at a third of the price.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

No increases to Champion points for the foreseeable future. They want to evaluate the power creep it's caused.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

CeeCee posted:

I started playing a couple months after thieves guild launched. What happened?

Thieves Guild introduced the first Trial since Upper Craglorn, Maw of Lorkhaj. Back then it was legitimately hard, people would spend hours every week progressing through Veteran mode. I remember people waiting for the top tier raiding guilds to make it past certain bosses so they could copy the strats.

When Morrowind released, Halls of Fabrication wasn't as bad as MoL, by then people had already jumped on PTS to test it out, and Veteran Hard Mode HoF was cleared within a week of release on PC. Even worse when Asylum Sanctorium and Memerest went live, that poo poo was cleared day 1 by a certain EU guild, kinda defeated the point of the trials, since after clearing hard mode it just became a matter of every guild pushing score.

What I'm saying is that hopefully Sunspire goes back to the same kind of difficulty Maw of Lorkhaj was at when it first released. Honestly, Maw is still the most well designed end-game content in all of ESO.

E: The end-game raiding community is also really hyped about Sunspire just on the details they've released so far. Most people were ready to jump ship, and would have done so if ZOS had announced the next trial to be yet another mini.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 16, 2019

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Sky Shadowing posted:

All Elsweyr content will be there but what they're saying is each DLC this year will have a common through line in their stories.

Frankly they already did this sort of thing with Morrowind->Clockwork City->Summerset, but this is the first time they made it all in one year and included the smaller dungeon DLCs in it too.

That makes sense. Thanks.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

OhFunny posted:

No increases to Champion points for the foreseeable future. They want to evaluate the power creep it's caused.

It was kinda funny as I was reading an old guide to Maelstrom Arena how often it would take time to mention a particular wave or enemy type was super nasty whereas in practice I could flail my way through everything but the big gently caress you insta-kill gimmicks.

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w

valuum posted:

Jesus, the pricing on that thing, 50$ here. Was Summerset the same when it came out? If so I'll probably just wait until the december sale again, got Summerset at a third of the price.

I pre-ordered the same version of summerset and paid $40 for it so...

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
This racial passive change is being handled terribly imo. ZOS being zos by making pretty big changes, but only giving us 1 race change token? Did I read that wrong or is that what's happening?

And on top of that they have race change tokens on sale right now, but that ends before PTS breakdowns come out, so basically you either buy that poo poo blindly right now, or wait till after PTS comes out to buy it full-price. Business 101 is strong with this dev.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

valuum posted:

$39.99 for the Elsweyr Digital Upgrade is the cheapest option I see here in the USA.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Skyrim dragonborn costume!

Which item in particular is this?

I couldn't find anything with this name or anything that looked Skyrim'esque

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/crownstore/item/128?dragon-warrior

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

JadaX posted:

This racial passive change is being handled terribly imo. ZOS being zos by making pretty big changes, but only giving us 1 race change token? Did I read that wrong or is that what's happening?

And on top of that they have race change tokens on sale right now, but that ends before PTS breakdowns come out, so basically you either buy that poo poo blindly right now, or wait till after PTS comes out to buy it full-price. Business 101 is strong with this dev.

Haha goddamn that's evil. I love it.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Oh, ok, im not missing out on anything then.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

OhFunny posted:

$39.99 for the Elsweyr Digital Upgrade is the cheapest option I see here in the USA.

Yeah I'm not loving their currency conversion rate, to put it gently. Not sure if I want to dick around with vpns to fix it.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

GreenManGaming has all versions 12% off, possibly 16% if you get an email voucher code from them. Just got CE Upgrade for $41.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

all my characters are dunmer so im sure ill weather this racially-tinged change

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
It looks like a significant nerf for Argonians, but they've been pretty much the worst race for my playstyle since I started, and I've managed well enough. Not sure how significant the removal of the healing received bonus will be, but I'm not too worried about getting a slightly smaller boost to those potions I hoard.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The big question is how are khajiit holding up?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

POGS

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/453748/combat-team-news-and-updates#latest

quote:

I wanted to let everyone know that Eric Wrobel is no longer with the company

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eIBDvkcIrc

tehfeer
Jan 15, 2004
Do they speak english in WHAT?
Can I get a guild invite? @tehfeer

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Holy poo poo!

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Summerset is 50% off on the Humble Bundle store right now, 9.99 USD for the upgrade, for any latecomers like me.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Took me long enough to get this :laffo:

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Who is that in the prison cart at the end of the Elsweyr trailer?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Givin posted:

Who is that in the prison cart at the end of the Elsweyr trailer?

It's you, apparently. As in, it's supposed to be the stand-in for the player.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If you're a lore nerd, that dude is the Breton champion/hero from the original ESO trailers.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

who was dead, well like then undead, but then un-undead because he turned to ash and he's looking quite not-un-dead in the trailer so who knows

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

drat necromancers.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
How soloable is the Craglorn MQ? I remember reading it's fine with the exception of like 2-3 specific quests, but are those "you have to be able to solo public dungeons" level or outright "you'd have to be able to solo world bosses" type roadblocks?

Outside of throwing down money for Elswyr, all I have left to do is Craglorn, Murkmire, and I guess Imperial City. It feels bad to be close to the end of the content, even if it took almost 400 hours. :smith:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

craglorn has "a main quest" that is soloable now, and no harder than anywhere else in story content

to really see all of the story you'll need to do the Group POIs (wide range of difficulty, some very easy to solo some may be hard) and there's at least one group POI in the SW that needs at least three people not for difficulty but the last boss requires you to be in three places at once (might be doable with less with magdps never tried)

and also do the trials, which arent hard on normal

if you're a tank with some dps or have a tank buddy you can do just about everything in it, some of the mobs in group stuff have real gently caress off damage spikes that require someone that can take a hit

while craglorn initially sucked real bad its my favorite zone in the game now after its 1Tamriel rework, shame we won't see anything like it again probably

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
What was Eric Wrobel responsible for?

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

Mizuti posted:

What was Eric Wrobel responsible for?

Combat design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So like; what is the "Correct" way for a new player to approach ESO? Should I do the MSQ; then the expansions?