Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

colachute posted:

if you can go back and kill baby hitler why wouldn't you just go back and raise him to not be a fascist murdering dictator instead

unless you think some people are just genetically bad or something, which is a road i don't think people should go down.

Up bum no hitler baby :confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

The Eyes Have It posted:

Up bum no hitler baby :confuoot:

I can't really argue with that.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
http://reason.com/volokh/2019/01/18/short-circuit-a-roundup-of-recent-federa

quote:

Fire breaks out at Tucson, Ariz. hotel in 1972, killing 29 people. A 16-year-old who was nearby is convicted "on the basis of little more than that proximity and trial evidence that 'black boys' like to set fires." Much later, evidence emerges suggesting that the fire was not caused by arson. (Prosecutors also allegedly withheld evidence of the same.) After 42 years of imprisonment, prosecutors offer him immediate release if he pleads guilty to the original charges. He accepts. Can he sue about the original prosecution? Ninth Circuit: No, he just pleaded guilty. Dissent: "Far from being the product of a new, constitutionally conducted second trial, [the man's] second conviction was the product of his desperate circumstances. In his 60's, he faced acceptance of the plea offer or waiting years for a habeas petition to work its way through the courts."

Isn't the purpose of justices to like, create justice??

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
justice is blind and degraded and abused and those holding her leash only care to shore up their position at the top of society lmao

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

"Justice system" is a label, not a description. The furnace on a steam locomotive bound for San Francisco does not have a goal of reaching San Francisco; the furnace just burns what you throw into it to move the train along. - Ken White, Popehat.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1086586403583074304

Then

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1086597047229300737

I’m guessing he wrote the last one while he was standing on the tarmac, waiting for the caskets to finish rolling by him so he can get back on the plane and keep watching Fox News.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Honestly I'm kind of impressed that he doesn't just do a stream-of-conscious post and tweet "WHERE'S MY GODDAMN MILKSHAKE!?" at some point.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

"4 very special people" is kind of a weird way to refer to dead service members but okay then.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

“Nobody has been treated worse than me” while standing next to a bunch of charred pieces of service member lmao

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
A lot of people don't know this, but home made explosives can really blow you up! A lot of people don't know that, but it's true! Amazing. Very powerful.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I dunno, I have the feeling that if his dad was still alive or any person who's ever been in a position of authority above him, they'd slap him and tell him to stop acting like a kid. Everything he says sounds like a whiny petulant child. "Everyone is so unfair to me! No one has ever been treated as unfairly as me!"

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Morning dose of anger

https://twitter.com/sahluwal/status/1086640314872299522?s=19

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

This makes me sick to my stomach.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/joeheim/status/1086651926538797061?s=21

When genocide wasn’t quite cruel enough so you gotta run up the score.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
On top of many other reasons, that’s one of the reasons I won’t have kids. I’d probably have a hard time reacting in a way that is lawful if I saw my own kid doing that poo poo.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

The schools phone number, contact email addresses, and information of teachers who chaperoned that trip are easily available. I recommend letting them know how you feel.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Cool how this shutdown means the US is in breach of treaties with various tribes.

Maybe services to honor treaties should be considered “essential.”

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The schools phone number, contact email addresses, and information of teachers who chaperoned that trip are easily available. I recommend letting them know how you feel.

If those kids aren't expelled with a public apology and outline of how the school will address this, I'll definitely be letting them know. I am a Catholic school teacher and I firmly believe in rooting out problems in your own organization and not closing ranks. This really, really pisses me off.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

One could argue that having your head blown open during a parade isn’t being treated fairly

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Oh that native gentleman is apparently a Vietnam veteran.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

If those kids aren't expelled with a public apology and outline of how the school will address this, I'll definitely be letting them know. I am a Catholic school teacher and I firmly believe in rooting out problems in your own organization and not closing ranks. This really, really pisses me off.

BuT FrEe SpEeCh!!!!!!!!!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Wrong type of veteran, friend.

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

Stultus Maximus posted:

Don't hold your breath.

This is one of the most egregiously despicable things I've ever seen, and it's made worse when you realize that absolutely nothing is going to be done to address this.

DrHub
Jun 21, 2012
Well that was awful to watch.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Why are they in Washington? This is from their website:

quote:

https://www.covcath.org/uploaded/09_Spiritual-Life/2019_MFL_InformationalLetter.pdf

January, 2019 March for Life
Informational Letter

Dear CCH Parents,

Our school annually participates in the March for Life event in Washington D.C. I have witnessed our level of participation having grown from 84 students in 2008, to 213 students in 2017. Annually, our Colonels represent nearly one quarter of the Diocese of Covington supporters.

On a daily basis our students are given opportunities to live their faith. They include inserting the words “born and unborn” at the end of the Pledge of Allegiance; have the opportunity to join faculty members who lead the rosary every Tuesday and Thursday morning (7:30) in the school chapel; attend Friday morning Mass (7:10) in the chapel with our Chaplain, Fr. Michael Hennigen; participate in the Sacrament of Reconciliation twice a week during lunch periods; and a monthly Mass (8:00) at Holy Name Church on Auburn Avenue in Cincinnati, followed by a rosary service in front of the Planned Parenthood center just down the street.

Once again this year we offer our students the opportunity to participate in this most worthwhile event, the 46th anniversary of the March for Life, demonstrating our support for all Life, “born and unborn.” Upon our arrival in Washington D.C. we meet with Bishop Foys and other diocesan pilgrims to celebrate Mass before joining the hundreds of thousands of people from around the nation to march in support of all life, ending the march in front of the Supreme Court building as a means to express our opposition to the Roe vs. Wade decision.

<logistics about attending>

Sincerely,

Rick Flesch
Personal Counselor
Faculty Moderator, March for Life

So of course Pence made a surprise appearance, along with a video message from Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2019/01/18/march-life-says-its-pro-science-despite-medical-consensus-favoring-abortion-access

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Oh great now I got a facial twitch.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Yeah it took me like a couple minutes to find who I wanted to email. Pretty sure they're going to do nothing though.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

virgin for Jesus posted:

Don't hold your breath.

This is one of the most egregiously despicable things I've ever seen, and it's made worse when you realize that absolutely nothing is going to be done to address this.

It depends on the administration. I went to a private high school too. I remember one football game, some students started a classist cheer. The next Monday, we got an all school assembly where the athletic director chewed out the whole school and said that if anything like that happened again he'd prefer to forfeit the season than allow that kind of behavior to continue.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

Twitter is hidden, email box has an auto-reply out of office, and the phone is busy, good luck getting through. You'd have better luck contacting the diocese of Kentucky.

Unfortunately judging by my experiences with Catholicism, the diocese will close ranks and shield the bad apples and nothing will happen.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
The principal's email isn't out of officed, and there's a good chance a lot of other staff isn't either

https://www.covcath.org/about/directory here's a handy list of persons who should probably be informed what happened, in case they're out of the loop

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 19, 2019

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Catholic media has been really hyping how many people came in to express God's love of the unborn so these optics showing how much it was actually kids bussed in who later blew off steam by being extremely hateful has to be annoying. (Probably almost as annoying as having to pay off yet another child rape claim.)

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
How the gently caress can anyone think that that's OK.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
This is deeply upsetting.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Well, people often say racism is born of ignorance. But they forget that racism is often fun for racists.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Just note the conservative reaction to this as opposed to, say, elected officials being bothered at dinner.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
"They're just kids; hopefully they grow out of it! Now let me tell you about these hoodlums playing the Knockout Game who have refrigerators and playstations!"

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/1086666148085669888?s=19

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

A Bad Poster posted:

How the gently caress can anyone think that that's OK.

The MAGA crowd values above all, strength.

They're so hosed up as people that they equate "strength" with "being an rear end in a top hat". It's basically that simple, really. Doesn't really matter the flavor of rear end in a top hat, racist or just generic-type, they find strength in being an rear end in a top hat. Morality isn't a factor because morality doesn't allow you to be an rear end in a top hat. Can't be strong if you have morals.

And that's how their kids are raised.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

maffew buildings posted:

The principal's email isn't out of officed, and there's a good chance a lot of other staff isn't either

https://www.covcath.org/about/directory here's a handy list of persons who should probably be informed what happened, in case they're out of the loop

I figured going to the Church itself would be more likely than the school to generate results so I looked up that information. Seems I wasn't the first one to find out who the local bishop is:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

The MAGA crowd values above all, strength.

They're so hosed up as people that they equate "strength" with "being an rear end in a top hat". It's basically that simple, really. Doesn't really matter the flavor of rear end in a top hat, racist or just generic-type, they find strength in being an rear end in a top hat. Morality isn't a factor because morality doesn't allow you to be an rear end in a top hat. Can't be strong if you have morals.

And that's how their kids are raised.

Back in the day my mother told me she voted for W instead of Gore because if they got mugged, W seemed like he would put up a fight while Gore would try to talk his way out, which explained everything to me about the conservative mindset.