Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Chichevache posted:

Locusts are devouring crops, the rivers run with blood. Donald Trump is the leader of the free world.

My wife's water just broke. Baby Chiche 2019

Congrats dude. Hope it all goes well. I have just over 3 months to go for Baby in a Blender.

Wait...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Naw, the real meat of the future is insects man.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Intruder posted:

An anti-materialism song written by an extremely wealthy man in his mansion on his very expensive grand piano :geno:
And also didn't Lennon take a hard turn to the right by the late 70s to his death?

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Naw, the real meat of the future is insects.
Make bug meat burgers and I'd probably eat it.

I'm sure they are actually pretty healthy too

https://twitter.com/misterjamo/status/1086624750724698113
I've found the most yinzery yinzer to ever yinz

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ehud posted:

Has anyone here ever felt a more conviction to live a life that doesn’t harm animals

Every time I see the truck that transports chickens to the slaughter I feel horrible about myself

About 3-4 years ago I started really feeling like this, but I internalized that humans need animal products to survive. Since then, though, my wife and I have switched to all cruelty-free stuff, pastured eggs (we are lactose intolerant so the dairy stuff is inconsequential), and I've stopped with "spectacle" consumption, like a churrascarias. We also upped seafood intake. My gastrointestinal tract is still a holocaust, but I minimized it as best I could.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Silly Burrito posted:

Just read an article about how they are making great progress with artificial beef and fish, so if they can get those prices to come down, you just may get your wish Ehud.

The Beyond and Impossible stuff isnt too hard to find in stores anymore and its priced pretty good. There's also a lot of other replacement options and/or learning to cook meaty fillers. Part of the problem is the price doesn't lend itself to typical meat consumption very well but thats also because Americans just eat an insane excess of meat in general.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1086683778058252296

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Get that baby to wait until Monday so it can be born on MLK Jr. Day.

I wanted her born in the 13, but nooooooo....

Ehud posted:

what’s the baby’s name on SA

Lord Waffle Beard

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Congrats dude. Hope it all goes well. I have just over 3 months to go for Baby in a Blender.

Wait...

Nice

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

ratio of the day

https://twitter.com/ByronTau/status/1086685218076090368

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It's time.

For Broly

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

And also didn't Lennon take a hard turn to the right by the late 70s to his death?

Make bug meat burgers and I'd probably eat it.

I'm sure they are actually pretty healthy too

https://twitter.com/misterjamo/status/1086624750724698113
I've found the most yinzery yinzer to ever yinz

That accent is weirder than Littlefinger's and about as all over the place.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The amount of smug on this kid is amazing

https://twitter.com/sahluwal/status/1086640314872299522

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I only click on those videos when I'm promised the racist involved gets a concussion / traumatic brain or spine injury.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I too am smug when trying to intimidate a 70 year old dude and his supporters who I outnumber 6 to 1.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Native dude he was harassing is a Vietnam vet too. Pretty sure the kid has already been identified though, so hopefully his life gets hosed up.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, unless every college/job interview interview involves how he learned from this, he is turbofucked.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ehud posted:

Has anyone here ever felt a more conviction to live a life that doesn’t harm animals

Every time I see the truck that transports chickens to the slaughter I feel horrible about myself

I stopped eating pig and cow because of their intellect a little over a year ago. Basically I really love my dog and he really loves me so eating something with a similar lived experience to him was bumming me out. The transition wasn't too hard. There are so many good alternatives now.I still dig on bird but maybe I'll stop some time in the future.

That said a bunch of people only avoid eating chicken because of how horrific the factory farm system is to them and the crazy raw numbers of how many chickens die a year. The best thing you can do is do whatever you're willing too to limit the amount of suffering our food goes through. That can be some as simple as buying the locally farmed eggs or whatever. Carnism is a spectrum so whatever you do to contribute less to the harm it causes is a positive.

Alternatively dont stress and eat what you'd like. Like it was said up thread, lab meats getting good and cheap will be a real game changer.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Oh poo poo, Congrats Chiche! You're probably the cop I know that I hate the least. Your kid will should be pretty cool.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

How is there not an adult there to grab him and his poo poo head friends behind him?

like even some mega CHUD has to realize how bad that's going to look.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah over the last couple years I switched to free range (not just cage-free) eggs, and pastured free-range chickens. I'm fortnate to be able to easily afford that though, a lot of folks can't be paying like $18 for a chicken and $6 for a dozen eggs.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

How is there not an adult there to grab him and his poo poo head friends behind him?

like even some mega CHUD has to realize how bad that's going to look.

Their school chaperones are also white supremacists.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Their school chaperones are also white supremacists.

also the organizer is named Dick Flesh

https://twitter.com/hannahtraining/status/1086724804114149376

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

May your saturday be cursed

https://twitter.com/peta/status/1085573461315997696

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

oh yeah don just said stuff

https://twitter.com/DLind/status/1086734226513412101

the government is never gonna reopen

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

kiimo posted:

That accent is weirder than Littlefinger's and about as all over the place.

oh god the worst part is I didn't think he had an accent

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

oh god the worst part is I didn't think he had an accent

Bwhahahah

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Oh poo poo, Congrats Chiche! You're probably the cop I know that I hate the least. Your kid will should be pretty cool.

But also a Seahawks fan. :shuckyes:

Thanks, man.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Ehud posted:

There are real great Indian cookbooks with a lot of vegetarian recipes. My wife and I aren't vegetarians, but we try to eat a couple dinners without meat each week.

e: And good luck, Chiche. Congrats.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Chichevache posted:

Locusts are devouring crops, the rivers run with blood. Donald Trump is the leader of the free world.

My wife's water just broke. Baby Chiche 2019

Good luck! Holding the kiddo for the first time is s serious mind gently caress. Don't fumble it!

E: Badgers, bitch.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Battery died on my Civic at some point this week when it was parked. The wireless keyfob obviously doesn't work, so I went to unlock it with the backup physical key and it won't unlock the door. The door lock cylinder only exists on the driver's side, so I can't even try another door. I find out this is common the 9th gen Civics, they were apparently built without the lock linkage connected, or it comes disconnected easily.

So I have a locked car with a dead battery and no way to get into it to open the hood. gently caress modern cars, let's go back to the Gremlin

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
If you're in Madison, PD may have a lock out kit. I know the ambulance I run on (not MFD) has one.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

If you're in Madison, PD may have a lock out kit. I know the ambulance I run on (not MFD) has one.

I may ask my hot cop friend. Otherwise I'm getting a wedge and a metal hook to try that poo poo myself (once it gets warmer)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/1086439921395453952

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

a neat cape posted:

It's time.

For Broly

Nice 👍

Also, seriously dudes, please send me a link to a good files / torrent site.

E: It’s the first time I can actually contribute to the torrent community so I wanna help.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jan 20, 2019

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Ehud posted:

Yes and I do.

Try it Ehud, it’s better for the animals, for you, and the planet.

Piglets are adorable and smart.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Native dude he was harassing is a Vietnam vet too. Pretty sure the kid has already been identified though, so hopefully his life gets hosed up.

What the gently caress is wrong with people

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
The amount of good you can do the climate by just giving up beef is insane

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Master Stur posted:

The amount of good you can do the climate by just giving up beef is insane

I plan to eat as much beef as I can until I die of colon cancer.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/elainejgodfrey/status/1086776754126106624

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with people

A lack of good people with baseball bats