Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
ÑuSat satellites series (Spanish: ÑuSat, pronounced just like the GNU project acronym),

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!

Doom Mathematic posted:

ÑuSat satellites series (Spanish: ÑuSat, pronounced just like the GNU project acronym),

:thunk:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
gnu's not ñunix

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Doom Mathematic posted:

wikimods, ban this chucklefuck

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

what's a gnubian?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
not much, what's a gnubian with you?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

what's a gnubian?
Shut the fsck up

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Shut the fsck up

Watch out, we got ourselves a bad-rear end over here...

:ohdear:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Doom Mathematic posted:

change it to "pronounced just like the wildebeast" and see what happens

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

and fisting it makes your whole week!

:eyepop:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-frogman_techniques#Sending_other_frogmen_against_them

the whole lengthy article is also a treat

quote:

Judo throws and similar are unlikely to work underwater.[citation needed]

quote:

Sending other frogmen against them
It would seem that a simple way of countering unknown frogmen or other divers would be for a police force or navy personnel to send their own frogmen to investigate. This is sometimes called counter-offensive frogmen.
Objections to the likelihood of this tactic are:

-It may result in an underwater knife fight, risky to both sides.

quote:

Trained animals, as weapons
A reported anti-frogman guard is (or was) dolphins trained to carry on the nose a device which injects a large amount of compressed carbon dioxide into the frogman. This would likely be lethal due to blood embolism. It is said that they were trained at Point Mugu. It was said that this device was abandoned because of fears that wild dolphins might imitate and start harassing ordinary divers. Today the mammals are primarily trained to force the diver to the surface using pushing techniques in the assumption that the majority of incursions can be addressed in this manner.[citation needed]
Animals, unlike ROVs etc., need to be fed and kept in training whether they are needed at work or not, and cannot be laid aside in a storeroom until needed.[citation needed]

theflyingexecutive fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 20, 2019

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Donald Trump used FF Meta initially as his primary campaign typeface before choosing Mike Pence as his vice presidential running mate. After Pence was chosen, Trump switched to Montserrat, a free typeface that is part of the Google Fonts library.[citation needed]

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

In a remote part of the forest behind Frankenstein Castle on 417 meter high Mount Ilbes, compasses do not work properly due to magnetic stone formations of natural origin. Local nature enthusiasts and witchcraft practitioners are said[who?] to perform rituals at these magnetic places on special occasions like Walpurgis Night or summer solstice.[13] The magnetic stones can be visited by everyone, but it is advisable[who?] not to disturb ongoing ritual activities at any means. Legend has it[who?] that Mount Ilbes is the second most important meeting place for witches in Germany after Mount Brocken in the Harz.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

"witches, in Germany!?!!" *lightning, thunder, marty feldman mugs*

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Parahexavoctal posted:

Donald Trump used FF Meta initially as his primary campaign typeface before choosing Mike Pence as his vice presidential running mate. After Pence was chosen, Trump switched to Montserrat, a free typeface that is part of the Google Fonts library.[citation needed]

whoa, he got an even better deal than the 2 for $5 menu at linotype

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pounded in the Butt by Cured Meat

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

overmind2000 posted:

Pounded in the Butt by Cured Meat

ugh, no interest in a british political memoir

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

* conquered by bacon
* back bacon mountain
* big pig energy
* hogged!
* the bacon sutra
* bacon sluts from mars
* wreck my hole with pig meat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

uncurable mlady posted:

* the bacon sutra

ahem

the hama sutra

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

haveblue posted:

ahem

the hama sutra

namaste

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

haveblue posted:

ahem

the hama sutra

thank you

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

The plight of Tricks has drawn comparisons to Sisyphus, a Greek figure who was doomed to endlessly repeat a futile task. He did, however, succeed in obtaining and eating Trix cereal on occasion

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

ahem

the hama sutra

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

hamaste, surely

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

haveblue posted:

ahem

the hama sutra

hama sutra is for amateurs. real bosses read the pig veda

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Lutha Mahtin posted:

hama sutra is for hamateurs.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
porky's

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

if you enjoy pickles with your hamateur bbq, make sure to check out the gospel of cuke

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I accidentally wrote fortnite a few days ago when I meant fortnight. I don't even play fortnite ughhh

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
According to the company's official history, Wedel's inspiration for the name of the confectionery came from his voyages to France, when he asked himself: "What could bring greater happiness to a man who already has everything?" Then he thought: "Maybe only bird milk."[11]

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The song is notable for its seemingly basic chord progression which repeats through the verse and chorus of I, IV, V, IV. Many fans relate the progression to other popular rock songs such as "Wild Thing" performed by The Troggs. However, the song does experience a key change modulation for the guitar solo after the second chorus, modulating from the key of F# Major to A Major, and thus following the same I, IV, V, IV progression. Also, the main guitar lead played over the chords of the intro and the outro contains a raised second pitch which resolves to the third. This accidental within the key gives the song an off-note and perceivably quirky feel to it.

not so much worthless as "makes me feel worthless because i don't fully understand it" :saddowns:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

no, it's pretty worthless

translation: "wild thing uses the same chords as every other rock song, but the key changes in the last verse like every other rock song, and in a couple of places it plays a slightly different chord for emphasis like every other rock song"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sagebrush posted:

no, it's pretty worthless

translation: "wild thing uses the same chords as every other rock song, but the key changes in the last verse like every other rock song, and in a couple of places it plays a slightly different chord for emphasis like every other rock song"

yeah, but it's the description of the slightly different chord that i wish i really understood. the way actual musicians do

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
the solo is the same chord progression as the rest of it but a minor third higher

the intro and outro guitar line has a bit that goes from the minor third to major third, which is a thing you hear all the time in ragtime or any country music with a slide guitar (and many other places) . play the notes C Eb E, that's the bit they're talking about

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

*twang*

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PauuPn--RlU

the minor to major third things are all over this , they just add a tiny bit of stank to a simple guitar lick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
In October 2012, a Dutch World War II memorial called Verzoening ("Reconciliation") was revealed on which the names of Jewish, Allied and German military deaths alike were written alongside each other in Comic Sans. The names were eventually scraped off after complaints from Jewish organizations, but the rewritten message was once again in Comic Sans. According to the city government, this was done because the letters fit the shape of the stone and were easily visible from a distance. It was, however, criticized for making the memorial look "ugly" and "cheap".[34]