Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

joat mon posted:

To wrap up what hobbesmaster and McNally said, dude got two counts of first degree (forcible) sodomy, probably one for oral and one for anal. (The rape is forcible vaginal sex.)

Fourth degree sodomy, a misdemeanor, is the leftover anti-gay consensual sodomy. The Kentucky courts ruled that part unconstitutional in 1992.

Also, dude (now 18) had a juvenile sex case too.
Also also, he's 7 feet tall and 300 pounds.

Yet still crying like a little bitch in his booking photo. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

That actually vaguely appears to be a deal, I expect Trump to immediately renege it

I'm reading the details laid out by the Post and it looks like it's just him promising to stop loving with established programs that he's already been forced to stop loving with by the courts:

quote:

Trump had indicated for weeks that he would not entertain an extension of DACA, which began in 2012 under President Obama and has offered renewable work permits to immigrants, known as “Dreamers,” who entered the country illegally as children. Trump had said he was hoping the Supreme Court would hear an appeal to a lower court’s injunction on his attempt to end DACA and, if the high court ruled in his favor, that ending the program would give him more leverage in talks with Democrats over the future of the Dreamers.

But the Supreme Court signaled Friday that it might not take the case. That would mean that Trump would remain unable to end DACA, which covers about 700,000 immigrants, and some Dreamer groups have called on Democrats not to cut a deal for the wall.

. . .

On TPS, Trump has declared an end to a program that has offered hundreds of thousands of immigrants from El Salvador, Nicaragua, Haiti and Sudan the right to remain in the United States after they were uprooted from their home countries during national disasters and other emergencies. But Trump’s move also has been enjoined by federal courts.

Pelosi should respond by asking for something like immediate amnesty/citizenship for all DACA kids, $5.7bn in additional funding for immigration courts, and expanded quotas for refugees from Central/South America.

psydude fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 19, 2019

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

orange juche posted:

The college you should be @ ing is Cincinnati State, as that's where smirking red hat is going after graduation from that private school.

Gonna suck to be Cincinnati State officials for the next week, lol.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

Gonna suck to be Cincinnati State officials for the next week, lol.

If they're smart they'll drop him like a hot potato. Hopefully this idiot's future misfortune will cause his peers to reconsider their actions, but that's unlikely judging by the amount of red hats there, chanting "BUILD THE WALL"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

psydude posted:

I'm reading the details laid out by the Post and it looks like it's just him promising to stop loving with established programs that he's already been forced to stop loving with by the courts:

Pelosi should respond by asking for something like immediate amnesty/citizenship for all DACA kids, $5.7bn in additional funding for immigration courts, and expanded quotas for refugees from Central/South America.

Yeah so far stated as 'temporary' reprieve for DACA stuff.

So it's not a compromise and it's not even a trade, just temporarily laying off poo poo the court is making him lay off of for now anyway.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

psydude posted:

You mean ... something to address the humanitarian crisis on our southern border?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/byrontau/status/1086685218076090368?s=21

WHOMST AMONG US

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

psydude posted:

If the Dems say anything other than "open the government and then we'll talk" they're a waste. A functional government is not a bargaining chip.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fister Roboto posted:

If the Dems say anything other than "open the government and then we'll talk" they're a waste. A functional government is not a bargaining chip.

Yup

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I mean when I was 17 i knew racism was wrong, different strokes for diffrent folks i guess?

LET HE WHO HAS NOT VERBALLY HARASSED AND INTIMIDATED AN INDIGENOUS PERSON WHILE ON A SCHOOL SPONSORED TRIP CAST THE FIRST STONE

orange juche fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 19, 2019

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Yeah, this thing is presser bullshit.

https://twitter.com/FrankSharry/status/1086738430669873152

The new development is that McConnell is going to put the bullshit bill on the floor, when he's constantly claimed he won't until there's a Pelosi/Schumer/Trump deal. I'm curious if it breaches 50 in the Senate, it won't get 60, so the shutdown continues.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

I...
I...
I danced in the street when Reagan won in 1980
(forgive me)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm glad that the internet allows us to meticulously document every lovely thing anyone has publicly said and done. Imagine if Kavanaugh had had a bunch of facebook posts and pictures of him at that party and bragging about what he did.

...he'd probably still get the seat.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

facialimpediment posted:

Yeah, this thing is presser bullshit.

https://twitter.com/FrankSharry/status/1086738430669873152

The new development is that McConnell is going to put the bullshit bill on the floor, when he's constantly claimed he won't until there's a Pelosi/Schumer/Trump deal. I'm curious if it breaches 50 in the Senate, it won't get 60, so the shutdown continues.

https://twitter.com/SteveKingIA/status/1086701499982450688

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1086734750578929664

Looks like the poison pills are having the desired effect and getting the MAGA crowd out to scream *NO AMNESTY* on Fox so that Trump will be even less likely to bend further and make an actual real concession on DACA later on.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Yet you don't see this appeal for clemency when it's black kids hmmm I wonder what might be the difference

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Wtf CBC

https://twitter.com/CBCNews/status/...ingawful.com%2F

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well that was fun.

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1086754897259913222

Good speechtalk everyone! Both teams played hard, see you next time.

(note: this says it's from Senator Chuck Schumer, but it's really from Nancy Pelosi's Giant Balls)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

pelosi's big dick moves make me laugh about everyone handwringing over if she was the best choice for speaker

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Oh my sweet summer child, let me tell you about Canadian relations with the First Peoples...

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Chichevache posted:

Oh my sweet summer child, let me tell you about Canadian relations with the First Peoples...

Oh I know. But that headline is terrible and should be removed and updated to reflect what happened

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

orange juche posted:

Twitter delivered, they found out who said smirking shithead was, and what college he was accepted to, and started tweeting at them about this. I'm willing to bet that the college will rescind their acceptance of him now. Dipshit gonna learn that bigotry can have real consequences, especially in his future educational and employment searching.

https://twitter.com/jaesyun_/status/1086705447720157184

Good, gently caress that smug bitch

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Oh I know. But that headline is terrible and should be removed and updated to reflect what happened

Good news!

https://twitter.com/CBCNews/status/1086755162444713986

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

quote:

The Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School have issued the following statement:

We condemn the actions of the Covington Catholic High School students towards Nathan Phillips specifically, and Native Americans in general, Jan. 18, after the March for Life, in Washington, D.C. We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips. This behavior is opposed to the Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.

The matter is being investigated and we will take appropriate action, up to and including expulsion.

We know this incident also has tainted the entire witness of the March for Life and express our most sincere apologies to all those who attended the March and all those who support the pro-life movement.

https://twitter.com/CCofKY/status/1086738701491863554

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hahaha the superintentent of the school was there chaperoning the trip, he was probably in the background laughing and jeering.

poo poo gets better and better!

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

We are truly shocked that our face-eating leopards, who we have spent years training to eat people's faces, have brought dishonor on us by biting people in the face. We would like to reassure people that we will not rest until we issue a moderately strongly worded disapproval of these actions, and we we are confident that their behavior has nothing to do with the utterly insane people that we have made a political and social suicide pact with.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

pelosi's big dick moves make me laugh about everyone handwringing over if she was the best choice for speaker

yes standing up to an incredibly unpopular policy certainly is a big dick move :rolleyes:

*does the absolute barest minimum that she was elected to do* YASS QWEEEEEN

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

yes standing up to an incredibly unpopular policy certainly is a big dick move :rolleyes:

*does the absolute barest minimum that she was elected to do* YASS QWEEEEEN

shoulda just left mccarthy in charge if AOC isn't going to put her name in for speaker, then

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I'd rather we bring back Joe McCarthy.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

This is really his only shot at getting a wall built, right? I mean, if he does reopen the government, I doubt a budget would ever get passed that included his wall.

So now he’s in a position where if he concedes defeat and reopens the government, then he doesn’t get a wall built and one of his main promises during his election run doesn’t happen, so he doesn’t get elected again.

However, I have to believe that less and less people are going to want to vote for him again the longer this shutdown lasts, so at some point he’s gotta pivot and try to get elected again through some other avenues?

I don’t know-just loving pay me already. It should be fun if all the coast guard retirees don’t get their check on the first.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

nwin posted:

This is really his only shot at getting a wall built, right? I mean, if he does reopen the government, I doubt a budget would ever get passed that included his wall.

So now he’s in a position where if he concedes defeat and reopens the government, then he doesn’t get a wall built and one of his main promises during his election run doesn’t happen, so he doesn’t get elected again.

However, I have to believe that less and less people are going to want to vote for him again the longer this shutdown lasts, so at some point he’s gotta pivot and try to get elected again through some other avenues?

I don’t know-just loving pay me already. It should be fun if all the coast guard retirees don’t get their check on the first.

Bomb like 25 countries at once and lob a nuke at Iran and NK and start WW3?

I dunno, I'm trying to brainstorm a way where he could just cancel the election.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

orange juche posted:

Hahaha the superintentent of the school was there chaperoning the trip, he was probably in the background laughing and jeering.

poo poo gets better and better!

I notice the diocese released a statement but not the school.
Some people gonna get fired.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

nwin posted:

they've carried torches for decades and decades for a whole bunch of promises never meant to be kept, though - the south rising again, overturning roe, expelling the UN, etc. The dumbshit wall is just another one of those, they won't care.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

nwin posted:

I’m bitching at my senators. Is there anything else a civvy can do to help?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

FAUXTON posted:

they've carried torches for decades and decades for a whole bunch of promises never meant to be kept, though - the south rising again, overturning roe, expelling the UN, etc. The dumbshit wall is just another one of those, they won't care.

Pretty much. Wall funding =/= re-election, the GOP will vote for him no matter what.

Ann Coulter and the right-wing cabal may keep bitching about how liberal Trump has gotten, but they're gonna go to bat for him come 2020.

Especially if Warren or Duckworth end up with the DNC nomination.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

colachute posted:

I dunno, I'm trying to brainstorm a way where he could just cancel the election.

We held elections during the Civil War. We held elections during World War II.

The only way to cancel elections would be to shutdown the United Sta....

hey wait a minute

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Nystral posted:

I’m bitching at my senators. Is there anything else a civvy can do to help?

Keep bitching like I am. Luckily my family and I are in a good spot because we have a decent emergency fund set up, but I feel awful for the junior enlisted people or people that just joined and don’t have any savings set up yet.

Another lovely thing are the Coasties that may have bought a house and are currently renting to other Coasties because they got transferred elsewhere. Now those guys have a mortgage their renters may not be able to afford on top of whatever they are currently living in.

I throw a decent chunk of change to Coast Guard Mutual Assistance in each paycheck and luckily they’ve been helping everyone with emergency $500-$1000 loans but everyone’s going to run out of funds to help eventually.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

colachute posted:

Michael Cohen is still supposed to go before the House Oversight Committee on Feb 7 and a small part of me is worried about Trump trying some “heyyy look over here at my other hand” move.

But also trying figure out which Russia would prefer: Cohen testifying or not, without ending up feeling paranoid that that is a consideration.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

BigDave posted:

Pretty much. Wall funding =/= re-election, the GOP will vote for him no matter what.

Ann Coulter and the right-wing cabal may keep bitching about how liberal Trump has gotten, but they're gonna go to bat for him come 2020.

Especially if Warren or Duckworth end up with the DNC nomination.

gently caress. That’s what I get for trying to use common sense.

I dunno-I guess I’ll try and be optimistic that hopefully there’s some/enough swing votes that don’t like what they are seeing and it will make a difference this time.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Well that was fun.

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1086754897259913222

Good speechtalk everyone! Both teams played hard, see you next time.

(note: this says it's from Senator Chuck Schumer, but it's really from Nancy Pelosi's Giant Balls)

Good; he should've been saying that the last time we had this fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

...am I that hosed up or is that somehow even more ghoulish