Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
today in random microsoft gripes: why does dfrs replication fail silently after it hits an unknown number of transient errors, then never resume? why do i need to go into the debug logs to determine this has happened? what's so bad about the error handling process that this critical loving problem doesn't trigger a windows event log error at all anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

windows phone was so loving good

ya it was

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

jesus WEP posted:

visual studio’s pull request integration is really useless

in the tfs web app i can view a branch’s changes inline, make comments, update PR status etc. it would be super useful to be able to do all that in vs while having access to the full solution at the same time

part of the problem is that there's an internal tool for code reviews, so the issue goes somewhat unnoticed in devdiv.

i hear they're working on proper support, though.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

windows phone was so loving good

i miss it daily.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
today I missed my windows phone and hated my iphone xs and ios

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Shaggar posted:

Reminder that Edge is chome now lol.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
not yet

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Shaggar posted:

why did you stop using it, security updates until the end of year!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the few apps it had stopped working

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fiedler posted:

part of the problem is that there's an internal tool for code reviews,
its me lol

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Shaggar posted:

why didn't you get a pixel

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

yeah, but you know it's coming

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

carry on then posted:

why didn't you get a pixel

here's a list of phones now sold by microsoft

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

lol imagine paying iphone money for an anroid

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
a :pcgaming: GAMING :pcgaming: PHONE

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i was looking to see if MS was still selling "microsoft experience" galaxy phones out of their store, but this is so much worse

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

BIGFOOT EROTICA posted:

lol imagine paying money for an anroid

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

what is going on with your text. it looks like a CRT that has started losing convergence, but thats obviously a screenshot

mystes
May 31, 2006

Raluek posted:

what is going on with your text. it looks like a CRT that has started losing convergence, but thats obviously a screenshot
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subpixel_rendering

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

ok, right, but why does his look like complete rear end

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

his subpixel layout and your subpixel layout are different so what looks good on his display looks bad on yours

alternately, it also looks bad on his display because he has it tuned wrong

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

you have to calibrate cleartype for your particular display for it to look nice, it is dependent on contrast, brightness, viewing angle and subpixel arrangement

maybe they ran the wizard and deliberately chose all the worst options

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mystes
May 31, 2006

Also scaling will screw up subpixel rendering in screenshots even if the pattern is LCD layout is the same.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
it looks fine if you flip the image around

maybe op should flip their monitor around 180°

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

if you get a proper screen you don't need subpixel rendering

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

r u ready to WALK posted:

you have to calibrate cleartype for your particular display for it to look nice, it is dependent on contrast, brightness, viewing angle and subpixel arrangement

maybe they ran the wizard and deliberately chose all the worst options

no, text looks fine elsewhere, it's some bullshit i had to do to firefox's text rendering specifically, so that the text in yospos was even remotely readable

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

akadajet posted:

if you get a proper screen you don't need subpixel rendering

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i have a 4k screen, idk, it works fine

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

BIGFOOT EROTICA posted:

lol imagine paying iphone money for an anroid

something android-one-based then? :shrug:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

dont be mean to me posted:

something android-one-based then? :shrug:

porsche huawei :iiaca:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

syscall girl posted:

:barf:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

syscall girl posted:

Ah so it cheats on emissions and spies on you?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

spankmeister posted:

Ah so it cheats on emissions and spies on you?

well yeah it's in the porsche tradition to collaborate with fascism

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

infernal machines posted:

no, text looks fine elsewhere, it's some bullshit i had to do to firefox's text rendering specifically, so that the text in yospos was even remotely readable

nothing you do to the rendering engine is going to make yospos readable

but seriously it looks hosed up

can we blame this on microsoft?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

oh did porsche finally end their exclusive limited edition branding deal with blackberry?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Raluek posted:

nothing you do to the rendering engine is going to make yospos readable

but seriously it looks hosed up

can we blame this on microsoft?

lol.

but also, 219.css does some seriously hosed up poo poo that just mangles rendering in firefox

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

SRQ posted:

imagine having such market control that you can literally just dump out a puzzle box of poo poo and force your customers to figure out what they need instead of having any sort of rational scaling.

by 2030 it's gonna be like buying fruit, every single processor will be sold as long as it physically boots and it's up to you to find the ones in the bin that work for you.

I'm giving Intel the finger and going with Epyc. It's gives me way more calcs/dollar and my application can scale wide. Those CPUs are looking really good for most workloads these days

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Wild EEPROM posted:

the reason is because of all of the various licensing based on whatever oracle decides so you can buy an intel cpu that gets you max performance without having to renegotiate your license

so really it’s Larry’s fault

I'm p.sure its because Intel's yield on their current process is garbage so they swing for the fences but end up having to bin out in a million different configs depending on how hosed the cores/clock/cache is but are still trying to squeeze every single dollar out of that wafer.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

I recommend Intel still for single-app gaming. Like you wanna GAME HARD and don't run anything in the background.
Ryzen if you stream.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

That's cool I run servers for money and sleep in a bed with my wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SRQ posted:

I recommend Intel still for single-app gaming. Like you wanna GAME HARD and don't run anything in the background.
Ryzen if you stream.

i have an 8700k and unless i want to stream ashes of singularity a game that will make me cpu-bound with 720p60fps x264 medium preset does not exist - and ive yet to overlock my cpu, for obvious reasons

big single pc setup streamers all seem to be rocking XEs