Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Boogalo posted:

GMC is EXTREMELY hard on the cart and system, he's commented on how hot the cart gets when doing the glitch. A while into the week, he started loading up another game to make sure the snes ram was cleared up. One of these games was drakken, and that cart's saves were mysteriously wiped when inserted after a GMC attempt. Several times the game crashes so badly that it switches resolutions to an output that his ossc can't hold sync on.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BumblingRoughStapleKippa

It was a really fun couple of days, I ended up watching all of them live and the hype when he finally got the glitch was ridiculous. Probably my favorite thing I've watched on twitch.

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

PJ is a magical creature

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

Boogalo posted:

It was a really fun couple of days, I ended up watching all of them live and the hype when he finally got the glitch was ridiculous. Probably my favorite thing I've watched on twitch.

I was gonna go get food, but I decided to stick around for one more run and that was the run he got it. A good choice!

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Only pj could end up creating a speedrun that deletes save data on another cart as a side effect.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Actually aren't there some Game Boy speedruns that rely entirely on hotswapping games while the console is powered on? I remember that being a thing.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

Boogalo posted:

One of these games was drakken, and that cart's saves were mysteriously wiped when inserted after a GMC attempt.

This part reminds me of one of my favorite RPGLB runs, in 2016, when the Drakkhen cart just decided to die mid run. Dragondarch had to get a new copy and they were able to finish the run on stream later.
https://youtu.be/M3-Ai36jfGA (part 1)
https://youtu.be/KoUrS2aivAc (part 2)

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

At the end of omnigamer's talk he mentioned that the Dragon View bug was so bad that it started to try to actually write things into the game's rom. It's absolutely a bug that never would've made it to printing if it weren't far enough outside of regular play patterns. But then again, PJ playing a game is so far beyond of regular play that it's not surprising at all anymore.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Boogalo posted:

GMC is EXTREMELY hard on the cart and system, he's commented on how hot the cart gets when doing the glitch. A while into the week, he started loading up another game to make sure the snes ram was cleared up. One of these games was drakken, and that cart's saves were mysteriously wiped when inserted after a GMC attempt. Several times the game crashes so badly that it switches resolutions to an output that his ossc can't hold sync on.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BumblingRoughStapleKippa

:stare: :holymoley:

e: I found a clip of when PJ finally pulls off the credits wrong warp:

https://clips.twitch.tv/BombasticWiseHorseradishRiPepperonis

e2: Please make sure to check out the new banner on PJ's Twitter page. :lol:

Pharohman777 posted:

Only pj could end up creating a speedrun that deletes save data on another cart as a side effect.

PJ created the bizarro universe version of Stop 'n' Swap.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jan 18, 2019

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Here's a timestamp for the failure before the success, leading into the full success with chat and everything.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/225899042?t=01h43m00s

All of the attempts are highlighted if you want to start at the beginning. its a good 50 hours of content to watch.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Boogalo posted:

Here's a timestamp for the failure before the success, leading into the full success with chat and everything.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/225899042?t=01h43m00s

All of the attempts are highlighted if you want to start at the beginning. its a good 50 hours of content to watch.

:lol: GAME OVER, black screen

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
hbomberguy is doing a speedrun-lite marathon run of dk64 for trans youth charity mermaids right now if anyones interested in watching

https://www.twitch.tv/hbomberguy

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

site posted:

hbomberguy is doing a speedrun-lite marathon run of dk64 for trans youth charity mermaids right now if anyones interested in watching

https://www.twitch.tv/hbomberguy

Mermaids? What?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Mermaids is the name of the charity organization

Dancer
May 23, 2011
It's a uk specific thing where that charity is being targetted and might potentially lose a fairly sizeable grant because of chuds.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

IIRC the lore is that Mermaids is a charity organization that helps trans youths. Robert Webb from Peep Show made a Tweet talking poo poo about them (which made no sense if, like me, you had no idea what Mermaids was at the time. It sounded like he was mad at the fictional monster), Graham Linehan made some Tweet (now deleted) where he pretended to be his assistant talking about how stoked Graham was that Webb was backing him up (lol), and it all sort of took off from there.

Graham Linehan is the guy who made funny shows like Father Ted and IT Crowd and less funny shows Black Books and the one about the old guy that came out a few years ago and sucked rear end. He's one of these really performatively woke liberal guys on Twitter, but he's a giant TERF for some reason. He's also really anti-Corbyn. He honestly seems like kind of dipshit.

Peep Show is a godtier show and it's really going to bum me out if David Mitchell gets involved in this mess.

fadam fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 19, 2019

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Wait? Webb sucks? :(

This better not extend through Bruiser as well. Matthew Holness please don't suck :qq:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
An easy way to sum this up if you're not familiar with this weird resurgence: you know how a lot of liberal moms in America suddenly got all "well we don't need vaccines" in the past decade and change? In the UK, their anti-vax crowd was a really weird strain of gently caress TRANS PEOPLE. It's a belief a lot of folks you'd expect to know better will proudly trumpet "because science".

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

END ME SCOOB posted:

An easy way to sum this up if you're not familiar with this weird resurgence: you know how a lot of liberal moms in America suddenly got all "well we don't need vaccines" in the past decade and change? In the UK, their anti-vax crowd was a really weird strain of gently caress TRANS PEOPLE. It's a belief a lot of folks you'd expect to know better will proudly trumpet "because science".

the highest rate of vaccination for any of the schools in the city i live in that's full of yuppies and neo-liberals driving teslas is 84%, well below herd immunity levels

the lowest is 42%

this is part of the reason i am ditching this town the fuckin second i graduate in june

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

someone get hbomberguy to team up with gdq because he's already made over $100k just from suffering through donkey kong 64

e: lmao grant kirkhope is there now

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 20, 2019

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Johnny Joestar posted:

someone get hbomberguy to team up with gdq because he's already made over $100k just from suffering through donkey kong 64

e: lmao grant kirkhope is there now

Nice, he's is finally there, performing for you.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
It's beautiful.

https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1086912150671638529

e: Also mermaids is literally a children's charity that mostly does, like, support groups. Trying to take away funding for them is like, cartoon-level evil. Fortunately, the amount they would have gotten was 100,000 pounds per year for five years. I think even with the conversion he's hit enough for a year!

ee: Unrelatedly, the RPG Valkyries have released the schedule for their RPGs We Love marathon coming up in February. If you're into RPG speedruns, this is a killer schedule.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 20, 2019

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

neongrey posted:

ee: Unrelatedly, the RPG Valkyries have released the schedule for their RPGs We Love marathon coming up in February. If you're into RPG speedruns, this is a killer schedule.

Ooooooh, a Megaman BN speedrun at a reasonable time for me? How lovely.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Whoa, 7th Saga Randomizer, that should be interesting.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Dragon Warrior at 7 hours seems pretty high, even without manip.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Someone on staff must really like ff4 if theyre gonna play it three times

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Why is the estimate for the lttp rando run at 3 hours? Are they doing some special category?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hbomberguy stream update: they've reached 200k and also john romero is guesting in the discord call

e: john romero left but cher apparently retweeted about the stream

e2: alexandria ocasio-cortez just tweeted about it, lmao

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 21, 2019

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Johnny Joestar posted:

hbomberguy stream update: they've reached 200k and also john romero is guesting in the discord call

e: john romero left but cher apparently retweeted about the stream

e2: alexandria ocasio-cortez just tweeted about it, lmao

And now she's on discord with them

edit: AOC how the gently caress do I beat frantic factory?

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

AOC takes a stand that the N64 is best console

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think my brain is breaking

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

what a magical time to be alive

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Various Meat Products posted:

AOC takes a stand that the N64 is best console

Finally, AOC has a bad opinion

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Does AOC play electronic games with celerity as well?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
AOC good

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
AOC rules

also I am watching GDQ archives and the metroid fusion run is fantastic, but they mention that the memory corruption glitch was discovered mid-tournament and they had to rule on whether to ban it or not right then and there, is there video archive of that moment? I'd love to see it happen, hopefully it's archived somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uXvWYFgeUA&hd=1

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I can't believe aoc actually showed up, that was amazing

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

site posted:

Someone on staff must really like ff4 if theyre gonna play it three times

supremely different runs, fwiw - no64 is is a no major glitches any% so that's the one to catch if you just want some ff4, the free enterprise is a co-op rando (and co-op is a fantastic format), and unprecedented crisis is a near-total conversion mod

e: also if anyone liked the cozy vibe of power up with pride the valks run a similar ship, it should be a very cozy comfortable marathon

neongrey fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jan 21, 2019

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Josh Sawyer, John Romero, chapo, protomagicalgirl, and others have been on hbomberguy lmao

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

eonwe posted:

Josh Sawyer, John Romero, chapo, protomagicalgirl, and others have been on hbomberguy lmao

PMG hasn't been on yet but she's getting in contact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

eonwe posted:

also mara wilson, lmao