Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO YA GOT
This poll is closed.
Patriots & Rams 23 10.36%
Saints & Chiefs 61 27.48%
Patriots & Saints 36 16.22%
Rams & Chiefs 102 45.95%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Flikken posted:

Also, Mitchell Schwartz is pretty good

Yeah, the Ringer had a feature piece on KC and he was frequently quoted. Seems like the consistency of KC allowed him to push his game to a different level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I'm rooting for the Saints tomorrow.

The last two years I've been obsessed with them possibly winning the Superbowl. I'm tired of it. I want it all on the line at the SB. They win and they tie my team's franchise legacy although we own the tiebreaker. They lose, and they're out for good. That's all I want at this point. I just can't keep doing this every year.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

The trace plot gifs in the thread of this post are really cool. Brady confirmed for pocket passer

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kawalimus posted:

The last two years I've been obsessed with them possibly winning the Superbowl. I'm tired of it. I want it all on the line at the SB. They win and they tie my team's franchise legacy although we own the tiebreaker. They lose, and they're out for good. That's all I want at this point. I just can't keep doing this every year.

Aaah, the dreaded reverse jinx!!! :)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Grittybeard posted:

Uh...I'd prefer all the players live and the owner die.

Anyway this is kinda funny:

https://twitter.com/StatsbyLopez/status/1086620377877495808

someone later in the thread posted Rodgers

god drat

e: this one must not be normalized wrt the hash marks

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Looks like Rodgers doesn't have any consistency, no wonder he struggles to win games

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

I don't like the eagles, but this was a pretty awesome thing for them to do. Kudos to them for doing it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chichevache posted:

Jared Goff is less mobile than Tom Brady? :wtc:

I think it's more that they use play action so often which means his set point for throwing comes later, so there's less time for him to be in a situation where he would be able to leave the pocket to buy time for receivers to get open.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Kawalimus posted:

So, permaban you if the Saints don't win the super bowl if I'm reading this right?

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Kawalimus posted:

You know, back when the Royals swept the O's in the ALDS and y'all got burnt by a drat pinch runner, I said some nasty things to you. But I love you and your weirdass fandom.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kawalimus and I are really going to root for the Saints to lose the game, and get demolished!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Carlosologist posted:

Yeah, the Ringer had a feature piece on KC and he was frequently quoted. Seems like the consistency of KC allowed him to push his game to a different level

He was really good in Cleveland and wanted to stay. loving Sashi Brown

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

How on earth can you be so paralysed by this meaningless 'record' that literally no one else in the world cares about (you do know this right?) that the sheer mental anguish of worrying about losing it compels you to flip and root against yourself just to be put out of your own (utterly bizarre and entirely self-imposed) misery??? Genuinely fascinating

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ouroboros posted:

How on earth can you be so paralysed by this meaningless 'record' that literally no one else in the world cares about (you do know this right?) that the sheer mental anguish of worrying about losing it compels you to flip and root _against_ yourself just to be put out of your own (utterly bizarre and entirely self-imposed) misery??? Genuinely fascinating

He's just telling us he's going to start a new gimmick trolling everyone next year that's every bit as dumb and annoying as this one.

There's nothing here he actually cares about except getting responses, and as a whole we're too dumb to ignore him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kawalimus posted:

That classic thing we all root for and know about : the franchise super bowl victories tiebreaker

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

He's just telling us he's going to start a new gimmick trolling everyone next year that's every bit as dumb and annoying as this one.

There's nothing here he actually cares about except getting responses, and as a whole we're too dumb to ignore him.

Yeah

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

can you all stop quoting kawalimus it's making my ignore useless

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

kidcoelacanth posted:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kidcoelacanth posted:

No.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The ignore function is for cowards

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Grittybeard posted:

:agreed:

Metapod posted:

:agreed:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

I'll go even further with this Saints thing:

If the Redskins were to somehow be the team to end this. Not only would I be rooting for them in the game itself, but I would root for the Redskins until the next time they played the Ravens. I would genuinely be a Redskins/Ravens dual fan, until that game. You can toxx that. I know that's not too bold cause Colt McCoy isn't even getting to that game period. But I need to exhaust all my options here.

Fair enough brother! i'm hoping the Rams or Chiefs win the Super Bowl.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Metapod posted:

The ignore function is for cowards dumb gimmicks

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Metapod posted:

I'll PUT YOU ON IGNORE jerk.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Silly Burrito posted:

Aaah, the dreaded reverse jinx!!! :)

It's not a reverse jinx. It's just upping the ante.

If the Saints lose, our record is safe. However, the Saints are still in the running because they still haven't lost the Superbowl.

If the Saints win, they get to the Superbowl. They have a chance to tie our record. HOWEVER. If they lose the Superbowl, they are out. Forever.

What I'm saying is I want them to get to the SB so they have a chance to lose it. Now I'm hoping that's against the Chiefs. But I don't get a chance to know who's going to win that second game.

I'm sick of obsessing over this with the Saints since I've been doing it the last two years, so I want to just have them have a chance to lose the SB so I never have to think about them again. I mean when Brees retires they'll probably go back to being in the doldrums like they used to be but then they'll kind of hang there at that 1-0 mark forever just like teams like the Jets and Bucs do. And I don't want another one of those.

So that's why I'm rooting for the Saints. It's not a reverse jinx. I also won't be upset if they lose either.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I see there a lot of cowards itt

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Metapod posted:

I see there a lot of cowards itt

can people stop quoting metapod, it’s ruining my ignore list. I don’t want to see Titans posters on this forum. God bless

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
Paging ZDR to fix the ignore function so it also ignores quoted posts. I want my cowardice to be complete

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
I’m sad I won’t get to see Andy Dalton play because he’s on IR (injured redhead)

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I have no idea what record he's even talking about.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Shhhh it’s really really not important.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

No Butt Stuff posted:

smh and you call yourself a football fan

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
later bitch

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1086731416816234502

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

Superbowls won without losing one.

The Chiefs are also a threat to his record:cheers:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Flikken posted:

The Chiefs are also a threat to his record:cheers:

They're not, they lost the first Super Bowl. To a receiver who was apparently either still drunk or hungover as hell because he thought he wouldn't be playing.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

They're not, they lost the first Super Bowl. To a receiver who was apparently either still drunk or hungover as hell because he thought he wouldn't be playing.

gently caress.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grittybeard posted:

Max McGee rules

quote:

McGee did not expect to play in the game, and he violated his team's curfew policy and spent the night before the Super Bowl out on the town. The next morning, he told starting receiver Boyd Dowler, "I hope you don't get hurt. I'm not in very good shape," alluding to his hangover. Dowler went down with a separated shoulder on the Packers' second drive of the game, and McGee, who had to borrow a teammate's helmet because he had not brought his own out of the locker room, was put into the game. A few plays later, McGee made a one-handed reception of a pass from Bart Starr, took off past Chiefs defender Fred Williamson, and ran 37 yards to score the first touchdown in Super Bowl history.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Chichevache posted:

Jared Goff is less mobile than Tom Brady? :wtc:

I mean he can run faster than Tom Brady without a doubt but they share some characteristics. Big gangly white dudes whose athletic talents are totally contained in one arm.

On Goff's chart you can even tell that the few throws marked outside of the pocket are actually just designed roll-outs. He very rarely scrambles at all, usually he'll just throw it away or take a sack. That's what made the end of that Cowboys game so funny, Goff rolled out and no one thought for a second that he might just pull the ball down and run for the first, which is exactly what he did. You could see the Cowboys defenders looking at each other like "what the gently caress???"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Max McGee rules

Pfft that’s not too impressive. Based on Josh Gordon’s own accounts he probably played his entire Madden stats 2013 season drugged out of his gord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Pfft that’s not too impressive. Based on Josh Gordon’s own accounts he probably played his entire Madden stats 2013 season drugged out of his gord.

Aaron Fike used to shoot up heroin before NASCAR truck races.