Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

i was serious, its worth the trip to the bimbo factory outlet, youll be pleased

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
just what i need, discount factory second bimbos

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

sadly the nearest one to me is 100+ miles away now

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

hifi posted:

in the future we'll all eat the weird christian fridge bread

under his rye

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

iospace posted:

Goons: DON'T ENGAGE FISHMECH

Also goons: *trips over their dicks to engage fishmech*

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

oh hey this derail is still going on? I had some rye bread toast with cardamom cashew butter this morning for breakfast and it was very good

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

syscall girl posted:

under his rye

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Endless Mike posted:

this is code for "black people." much like "safe neighborhood" means "no black people."

i ride the bus

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Trabisnikof posted:

i was serious, its worth the trip to the bimbo factory outlet, youll be pleased

all the bimbos at the outlets are made specifically for the bimbo outlet nowadays, pass

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
also just an fyi for all the brain geniouses out there: "an order of magnitude" is a fancy way of saying "ten times as much"

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
thanks

mystes
May 31, 2006

Stymie posted:

also just an fyi for all the brain geniouses out there: "an order of magnitude" is a fancy way of saying "ten times as much"
This post is a binary order of magnitude worse than even Stymie's usual posts.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i mean, it's one loaf of bread michael, how much could it cost? $30?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Midjack posted:

yeah subway bakes it right there in the store

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Stymie posted:

wtf I thought we were pals

e: I assume I used the wording cause I do a lot, it sounds fancy :3:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

lancemantis posted:

as a person who used to live 100 miles away from a place where you could get guaranteed fresh bread I’m going to say yeah such situations exist

and no nobody drove 200 miles in a day for that poo poo

even small towns in Idaho have a nearby bakery

if you’re so keen on living in the middle of nowhere then don’t bitch about how far away everything is

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

fishmech believes the little portions of cut up fruit you can buy in convenience stores are unironically equivalent to fruit you can get at the fresh produce section in a big supermarket. so probably "fresh baked bread" in this context means that you can buy a frozen 6-pack of bagels and toss it into a microwave oven. because it has "oven" in the name you see and ovens are used for baking tyvm

Bhodi posted:

rye bread is an abomination unto food and should not exist

wish your posting would not exist

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

hifi posted:

in the future we'll all eat the weird christian fridge bread

my dad went bonkers on that stuff after the divorce

all trying to spread butter across bread absolutely studded with sunflower seeds like it's a substitute for healthy food

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Penisface posted:

fishmech believes the little portions of cut up fruit you can buy in convenience stores are unironically equivalent to fruit you can get at the fresh produce section in a big supermarket. so probably "fresh baked bread" in this context means that you can buy a frozen 6-pack of bagels and toss it into a microwave oven. because it has "oven" in the name you see and ovens are used for baking tyvm

wish your posting would not exist

not that i'm looking to defend fishmech, but the other extreme here is goons saying a loaf of fresh bread costs $30 and can only be bought from free range artisnal hipsters deep in the gentrified boroughs

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

my dad went bonkers on that stuff after the divorce

all trying to spread butter across bread absolutely studded with sunflower seeds like it's a substitute for healthy food

what's the deal with that stuff anyway? some sort of penitence by way of eating something that's wholly unpleasant to chew?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

infernal machines posted:

what's the deal with that stuff anyway? some sort of penitence by way of eating something that's wholly unpleasant to chew?

there are like half-a-dozen recipes in the bible and this one dude figured out that there was one not in active production, so he started producing it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

ah so it's like mead.

there's a reason people stopped making it and the reason is it sucks

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

fishmech irl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOHGr8r5Cs4&t=112s

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

my family goes though like 3 loafs of bread a week. I have 6 in the freezer right now

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

not that i'm looking to defend fishmech, but the other extreme here is goons saying a loaf of fresh bread costs $30 and can only be bought from free range artisnal hipsters deep in the gentrified boroughs

no lol the other extreme (me) is that fishmechs a jerkbag and i like to rile him up once in a while before i go out

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

ah so it's like mead.

there's a reason people stopped making it and the reason is it sucks

mead is delicious you take that back :mad:

there’s a place in point reyes that makes sparkling mead and it’s very good.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

you should try this wonderful lunch, it's more than a delicious tasty crunch.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

FCKGW posted:

my family goes though like 3 loafs of bread a week. I have 6 in the freezer right now

<in extremely stymie voice> bbut grains are literally poison?!?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
what I want to know is, why haven't people put more effort into figuring out which kinds of locust are kosher

haveblue fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 20, 2019

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Oneiros posted:

mead is super delicious but too sweet to drink all night imo

gotta mix it up with some pilsners

ps: sure ill eat a locust, who wouldnt?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Oneiros posted:

how many leather mugs do you own? be honest now

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Oneiros posted:

which place is that? we got a meadery here in berkeley which is pretty good, and another one in oakland. i like mead but it's more of a special occasiona drink than all-day-thing

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

how many leather mugs do you own? be honest now

none so far but i may have possibly thought about maybe buying a drinking horn.

Xaris posted:

which place is that? we got a meadery here in berkeley which is pretty good, and another one in oakland. i like mead but it's more of a special occasiona drink than all-day-thing

Heiderun Meadery. they do sparkling meads from a variety of types of honey, ranging from very dry to semi-sweet. highly recommended trying if you like mead or like the flavor of mead but think it’s typically too sweet.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Oneiros posted:

none so far but i may have possibly thought about maybe buying a drinking horn.

Heiderun Meadery. they do sparkling meads from a variety of types of honey, ranging from very dry to semi-sweet. highly recommended trying if you like mead or like the flavor of mead but think it’s typically too sweet.

ohh ive actually been there weirdly enough. yeah they're pretty good!

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

graph, man, what the hell

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I just went to the grocery store and paid 50$ for a loaf of bread things are getting out of hand

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Skim Milk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX0z2HIxxF4

(except when it says feb 2019, its actually june 1982 ish)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-gYL_C1Db8

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Skim Milk posted:

seriously, we've already got a polycule of renfaire beardos talking about mead

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

the word borough was a trigger i can't help it

in new york city fresh bread is generally baked in places that you would be afraid to park your car. it is distributed to retailers daily and sold in rich and poor neighborhoods alike for $1 to $3

not coincidentally, nyc does not have very many "food deserts"

nobody is too awful far away from a grocery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the word borough was a trigger i can't help it

in new york city fresh bread is generally baked in places that you would be afraid to park your car. it is distributed to retailers daily and sold in rich and poor neighborhoods alike for $1 to $3

not coincidentally, nyc does not have very many "food deserts"

nobody is too awful far away from a grocery

In Pennsylvania, only two local governments exist: Cities and boroughs.