Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I 100% do not understand Alphinaud being less relevant than fuckin Urianger. Man whose prime contribution is saying "Pray methinks forsooth thy needs must whomst'dve" and kinda pulls a nonsensical role in like the dumbest plot of the entire game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The entire plot from around 2.3 to 2.55 wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Alph. Sure it didn't play out remotely like he *thought* it would, but he still played a critical role in getting us into Heavensward.

And then he served as the target for savage but loving dunks from Krile and Y'shtola, which is also important.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Urianger is extremely relevant to the plot... in like 1.2

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Glagha posted:

I 100% do not understand Alphinaud being less relevant than fuckin Urianger. Man whose prime contribution is saying "Pray methinks forsooth thy needs must whomst'dve" and kinda pulls a nonsensical role in like the dumbest plot of the entire game.

This. Dislike Alphy all you want, I'm not letting y'all rank him under Urianger.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i have to remind myself urianger is even in the loving game anymore

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Well, good news: he's going to be in your party forever lmao, the game is convinced we really, really care about Alphinaud, and boy are they wrong.

I got to see were that story went tonight and, man, you can't imagine how disappointed I was when he went to meet with some Crystal Braves and instead of the betrayal I'd hoped for they drew on HIM.

I'm actually getting slightly triggered every time he stops talking to rest his chin between his fingers. Little fucker keeps acting like he can point you at something and off you go to knock it down but he sure does spend a lot of time musing in front of me while I get impatient and click through volumes of his poo poo. ughh.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I've said it before but Urianger must needs to not be wearing that outfit.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Azubah posted:

I've said it before but Urianger must needs to not be wearing that outfit.

hes friggin hot the one time you see him without his goggles and hood

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I tried tanking in hard content for the first time ever by bringing my PLD into Seiryu Ex. We had a DRG.

In all fairness, I also did some big brain PLD strats, but in my defence, PLD is hardly my main.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Ibblebibble posted:

I tried tanking in hard content for the first time ever by bringing my PLD into Seiryu Ex. We had a DRG.

In all fairness, I also did some big brain PLD strats, but in my defence, PLD is hardly my main.

lol if anyone cares enough about a video game to make images to help them remember rotations

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I got to 50 just before heavensward dropped - what server do au goons, or community hang out on? I got tired of 3-400 ms

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Verranicus posted:

lol if anyone cares enough about a video game to make images to help them remember rotations

Thanks for making GBS threads on people that like to improve how they perform in a thing they enjoy, I guess.

Ibblebibble posted:

i'd make some jokey comment about staring at this in abject horror but tbh as long as you recognize that this is 100% not how to use Requiescat then eh

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Verranicus posted:

get out of my duty finders

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Verranicus posted:

I don't like how I can smell this post

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ragnar Homsar posted:

i'd make some jokey comment about staring at this in abject horror but tbh as long as you recognize that this is 100% not how to use Requiescat then eh

Hah, don't worry, I thought I was a loving dumbass too when I saw it. I think I was in panic mode at that time because the main tank had just rezzed and I was trying to prep for cursekeeper or something. I must have accidentally hit Req then.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Verranicus posted:

I saw three (3) different search messages today in like a couple hours of play with people saying they were submissive healsluts looking for daddies. I love Balmung.

were you in novice network when people were discussing friends with benedicts?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Ibblebibble posted:

Hah, don't worry, I thought I was a loving dumbass too when I saw it. I think I was in panic mode at that time because the main tank had just rezzed and I was trying to prep for cursekeeper or something. I must have accidentally hit Req then.

Entirely understandable. Lord knows I've hit some dumb buttons when panicking too. :v:

ask me about the time i tried to Intervention myself in preparation for an incoming Phantom Flurry in Suzaku EX

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I don't even need to be in a panic moment to just have stupid button presses most of the time.

Featuring such gems as:

Barrage + Iron Jaws
Kaiten + Random Combo Skill
Swiftcast + Benediction
Using Manafication at 0 Black/White Mana.

There's truly no ailment cleanse for stupid sometimes.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

My experience with this game is that as long as you know what you're doing a good 80-90% of the time, it doesn't matter how badly you mess up during the remainder.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I still beat the WAR by 1.1k dps, so whatever, I'm happy.

(Yes they sucked. I'm still happy.)

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
Is it absolutely necessary to feed you chocobo 1 piece of fruit at a time to get it to change color, instead of feeding it stacks of fruit?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Verranicus posted:

It's a log analyser you loving dolt

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

Countblanc posted:

hes friggin hot the one time you see him without his goggles and hood

Quoting this for truth. I see why Moenbryda liked him, drat.

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Warrior of Light no longer receives the neurochemical rush from sex, only death.

Zenos is the canon friend with benefits* for the wol

*=Benefits of course being raising your ilvl, collecting better glam weapons, and murdering stronger primals and bosses

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

Is it absolutely necessary to feed you chocobo 1 piece of fruit at a time to get it to change color, instead of feeding it stacks of fruit?

iirc, it's so the number values have the time to change, otherwise it's only partially done and you don't get the full color changes you need and are at risk of rng.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I constantly infuriate at the wrong time. I'm thinking I met level MCH a bit on this character just because it will look great with Maelstrom officer equipment.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
i don't dps as a healer

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i play gla and rp walk through dungeons because im too cool to care about going fast in a video jame

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Verranicus posted:

Goons think if they didn't like something surely it means nobody else did. With regards to BLU I mean. It did fine and will continue to do so.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Verranicus posted:

i don't dps as a healer

Mods????

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

RESPECT THE CONTENT

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Remind me again when they're going to patch the chocobo XP bug with Blue Mage? I'm exploiting the hell out of it and I took my chocobo from 7 to 11 while leveling Blue Mage. I think maybe I can get one more rank before I hit 50, but I don't know how much time I have for that.

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Solitair posted:

Remind me again when they're going to patch the chocobo XP bug with Blue Mage? I'm exploiting the hell out of it and I took my chocobo from 7 to 11 while leveling Blue Mage. I think maybe I can get one more rank before I hit 50, but I don't know how much time I have for that.

Thursday the 24th. No idea why they're doing a patch on a thursday but that's what they announced.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

YamataNoOrochi posted:

Thursday the 24th. No idea why they're doing a patch on a thursday but that's what they announced.

Maybe they want to give everyone as much time as they can justify to use it before they fix the bug.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Glagha posted:

loving hell man I should not have read this post at work, my manager thinks I randomly crack up laughing for no reason now

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I will concede that Urianger sucks even if I enjoy the Warriors of Darkness, but that does not excuse Alphinaud.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What pays out substantial MGP besides Mini Cactpot, Jumbo Cactpot, and GATEs?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Wondrous Tails can give out MGP cards, the lowest of which gives either 10k or 30k, I can't really remember.

If you're the luckiest motherfucker on Earth, you can get 1 million MGP from getting 3 lines in it.

Besides that? Chocobo Racing, I think.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Fashion report is 60k a week for about 5-10 minutes of work, split between checking the reddit thread with all the easy solutions and actually acquiring the necessary items from various vendors. You get 10k MGP for trying, an additional 50k for getting a score above 80, and a title for getting 100 points.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Are you doing the challenge log every week? That's a good couple tens of thousands depending on how deep you want to roll into chocobo racing and verminion

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

homeless snail posted:

Are you doing the challenge log every week? That's a good couple tens of thousands depending on how deep you want to roll into chocobo racing and verminion
I have never once, in all the time I have played FF14, so much as looked at my challenge logs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Didn't it used to be a thing where each job had certain actions that can be used in any other job? And these were replaced with the Role actions?