Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

DicktheCat posted:

Man, Webdog got a picture of Tim Buckley's house that one time, didn't he?

I remember he would dig up crazy poo poo. It was a little scary.

I remember he found someone else named Tim Buckley who lived near Tim Buckley and was arrested for trying to steal frozen steaks by stuffing them down his pants, and that became a thread in-joke because by that point the real Tim Buckley wasn't doing anything half as interesting.

That reminds me of how the CAD thread was eventually banned from BSS when Tim Buckley's dog died. Its throat collapsed, and the thread became convinced he contributed to the death because it wore one of those choke chain collars. So they decided to rage/laugh at that. You know, normal reactions to someone else's small dog dying. It was also a Yorkie or some other toy breed that are congenitally prone to that happening, so it's impossible for internet weirdos to speculate if the specific collar played any bigger role than, say, the cycle of irresponsible inbreeding in purebred dogs that Tim Buckley contributed to by buying the dog to begin with.

EmmyOk posted:

Good lord that sucks. I like the start of them when you get a glut of terrible comics, edits, and posts etc. So I at least have that to look forward to

The second one had a lot of cool art and built off of stuff Dobson was doing, like his bad caricature of Benedict Cumberbatch, with tips and advice on how to do it better for a while. The real dark secret of Dobson is that there's only so long you can laugh at his mediocre manchildery or the time he posed as a teen girl to feed his inflation fetish before it stops being funny. You have to get really worked up over basically nothing to keep caring about him for any length of time.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Yeah, he has retconned all of the stuff about pictures of people's houses and the jokes about his creeper van to that he had nothing to do with it. Unrelated people just stalked these people, completely on their own, and gave him the information for no reason, unsolicited.

:hank hill voice: That boy ain't right....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Everyone who likes Night Vale and has never listened to Joe Frank needs to fix that right now.
Fixed that for you.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Nightvale is cool and good and I have no idea how anyone could have listened to fifty episodes without knowing who Hiram McDaniels is.

The books are also pretty good reads.

If the TV show happens, I don't know if I'll watch it, though. I'm not sure how the humor will come across.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Fixed that for you.

You’re correct.

Googling him to listen to some of his stuff informed me he died a year ago. :rip: Dude was a phenomenal talent both voice-wise and being able to craft spectacular imagery and tone.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

EmmyOk posted:

The dream

Unfortunately the thread has some problems, mainly the people who get angry when they can't read comics about cp spider girls or molested children.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

You’re correct.

Googling him to listen to some of his stuff informed me he died a year ago. :rip: Dude was a phenomenal talent both voice-wise and being able to craft spectacular imagery and tone.

Yeah, I still remember the first thing I ever heard from him: a monologue about how he's started worshiping a hole in his wall.

That's it. No supernatural twist, no crazy cult, just him calmly talking about the weird-yet-mundane rituals used to praise a hole in a wall.

I don't know how long I listened. It could have been five minutes, it could have been an hour, I have no idea because I was utterly rapt. Dude was amazing, he will be missed.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Currently awaiting for an Icelandic man to poo poo out tape worms and post pics over in GBS.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Yeah, I still remember the first thing I ever heard from him: a monologue about how he's started worshiping a hole in his wall.

That's it. No supernatural twist, no crazy cult, just him calmly talking about the weird-yet-mundane rituals used to praise a hole in a wall.

I don't know how long I listened. It could have been five minutes, it could have been an hour, I have no idea because I was utterly rapt. Dude was amazing, he will be missed.

I heard his K2 one and the “no more, my lord” one on the same day when I was in high school and yeah, it just pulls you in. Gonna buy me a membership to his site and listen to his stuff all night tonight.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Currently awaiting for an Icelandic man to poo poo out tape worms and post pics over in GBS.

In a theoretical fever dreams of ShortyMR.CAT sense, or in a "this is going to happen and I failed to post a link to the thread because I wanted to be coy about it" sense?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

BurntCornMuffin posted:

In a theoretical fever dreams of ShortyMR.CAT sense, or in a "this is going to happen and I failed to post a link to the thread because I wanted to be coy about it" sense?

There's a thread in GBS about some dude having parasitic worms. I didn't read it because... who needs to read that?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Antivehicular posted:

There's a thread in GBS about some dude having parasitic worms.

Sounds like the AusGBS thread

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Nuns with Guns posted:

...choke chain collars... Yorkie or some other toy breed

What the gently caress?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Antivehicular posted:

There's a thread in GBS about some dude having parasitic worms. I didn't read it because... who needs to read that?

We're part of the assworm agenda

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3879605&p

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Tardcore posted:

What the gently caress?

I didn't even think they made them that small tbh

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Dixville posted:

I didn't even think they made them that small tbh

Dogs come in lots of sizes

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Slippery posted:

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

I'm Cockers

By name and by inclination

(sorry)

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Slippery posted:

Sure, but who needs a choke chain to control a tiny blip of a dog?

I mean, imo, no one needs a choke chain in the first place, train them on a harness ffs. But I get worked up about animal welfare, so ymmv.

HOWEVER: I do not think Buckley killed his dog that way, or needed to be doxxed or whatever. I mean, Christ Almighty.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Hogge Wild posted:

Unfortunately the thread has some problems, mainly the people who get angry when they can't read comics about cp spider girls or molested children.

I think a bigger problem is the weird people who get het up and inappropriately report poo poo because someone made them mad.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tardcore posted:

What the gently caress?

Yeah, I have to say, if you have a dog that tiny that is already prone to tracheal collapse, a choke collar is probably a bad idea. I'm not saying he contributed to his dog's death, but it certainly doesn't seem like it could have helped matters.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Araenna posted:

if you have a dog, a choke collar is a bad idea

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

:agreed: I'm just saying that in that situation seems like injury would be more likely and faster. My dog is a 25 lb beagle/pomeranian mutt, and she has some problems with that (not diagnosed, because it's mostly coughing a bit when wound up, and she doesn't stop playing/get out of breath, so the vet isn't worried unless there's an actual problem). If she has a regular collar around her neck she'll happily start pulling on it until she coughs if she's excited enough. We use a harness, but might get one of those front clip ones when we get a new one soon because her current one is old and gets too loose and she can still kinda choke herself if she's really really excited. Basically, she has a very mild problem with it comparably, and I'm sure she'd get hurt with a choke collar. I can't imagine an actual toy dog wouldn't have a much worse problem with it. Hell, I can't understand why you'd ever need a choke collar for a dog that probably weighs 10 lbs soaking wet.

Dog tax!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I like the head collars like Gentle Leader etc. They go around the neck but they are designed more like a horse's halter and so they put pressure on the snout or back of the head instead of the throat. Some people claim they could cause neck injuries but I've never seen this. I've had good success with my own very reactive leash pulling dog with it. I like that it actually redirects their whole head vs with traditional collars and choke collars they can still twist their head to see whatever they are reacting to. Anyway this is clearly a derail but I like to mention these type of collars when this comes up because a lot of people have no clue they exist.
If anyone is interested here's a good article on it:
https://drsophiayin.com/blog/entry/are-head-collars-on-dogs-dangerous-or-safe/

Dixville has a new favorite as of 19:50 on Jan 20, 2019

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dixville posted:

I like the head collars like Gentle Leader etc. They go around the neck but they are designed more like a horse's halter and so they put pressure on the snout or back of the head instead of the throat. Some people claim they could cause neck injuries but I've never seen this. I've had good success with my own very reactive leash pulling dog with it. I like that it actually redirects their whole head vs with traditional collars and choke collars they can still twist their head to see whatever they are reacting to. Anyway this is clearly a derail but I like to mention these type of collars when this comes up because a lot of people have no clue they exist.
If anyone is interested here's a good article on it:
https://drsophiayin.com/blog/entry/are-head-collars-on-dogs-dangerous-or-safe/

Thanks, I've seen those, and was considering trying one. She doesn't do a lot of pulling, but when she does she gets that beagle stubbornness about it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I can’t recommend these enough.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I589WK8

It’s a no-escape harness and works really well. I have a large one I used with Big Dog (Lab/Mastiff mix) when he was still around, and have a small one I currently use with Little Dog (mini pincher). It’s dead simple to put on the dog too.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I'm glad that this lead to a productive discussion on safer alternatives of dog walking/restraint tools and all but my point was they only got as mad as they did another to score points on a guy that makes a bad video game webcomic, just like when webdog went searching for pictures of Dobson's girlfriend just to go "haha she looks like a catlady in the making!"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
SA's Greatest Dog Collar Discussions.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I'm also pretty sure the whole choke collar thing was the thread working itself into a frenzy over hearing his dog died from a throat collapse. Someone did the 'I bet he was using a choke collar!' and everyone just ran with it and started being really weird and awful.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I don't even remember him having a dog.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Someone should put a leash on webdog, am I right??

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zore posted:

I'm also pretty sure the whole choke collar thing was the thread working itself into a frenzy over hearing his dog died from a throat collapse. Someone did the 'I bet he was using a choke collar!' and everyone just ran with it and started being really weird and awful.

Yeah that sounds like goons

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Remember after Benghazi when Glen Beck told his audience that SA was a covert CIA operation/front?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

BiggerBoat posted:

Remember after Benghazi when Glen Beck told his audience that SA was a covert CIA operation/front?

Stop loving up Opsec.

Jesus.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm just glad they put Vilerat back on as honorary mod of D&D. He got taken down for a few days awhile back. It's a little thing, but I think it's nice.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

BiggerBoat posted:

Lowtax has blood on his hands!

Not because of any conspiracies, he's just bleeding from his hands now.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm just glad they put Vilerat back on as honorary mod of D&D. He got taken down for a few days awhile back. It's a little thing, but I think it's nice.

imo it's a bit much to sully his memory with accusations of pedophilia when he can't defend himself

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Someone should put a leash on webdog, am I right??

What's webdog?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Slippery posted:

What's webdog?

Not much, what’s webdog with you?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Can't remember where this started, but goon Nessa posted in various threads about wanting to spice up her sex life with her husband by bringing in their "best friend" in for a 3some. The husband declined. Predictably, she cheated with said friend and the husband found out.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805113&pagenumber=460&perpage=40#post491825034

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

boy i don't like any of those posts