Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Ober din

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sonic Mania. I still don't know if I actually like Sonic games. The levels are visually impressive and there's like one million gimmicks per square inch but it all feels like nonsense to me. I can't wrap my head around actually remembering any part of a level. Good bosses and music though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Same here except I never played long enough to see a boss and wouldn't remember if I did. Except maybe Sonic CD. But I don't remember it and only played it because I had it on PC.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Nobody likes Sonic games.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Sonic Mania rules

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Same here except I never played long enough to see a boss and wouldn't remember if I did. Except maybe Sonic CD. But I don't remember it and only played it because I had it on PC.

There's a boss literally every 5 minutes.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

elf help book posted:

Sonic Mania rules

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sonic games hurt my head. It's just information overload and the maps are too busy for me to properly explore every corner and satiate my broken brain.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i like sonic 2 and mania is pretty good so far. the best sonic game is freedom planet tho. sonic 3d games are universally terrible

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Sonic mania is good!!

Though i cnat blame people for not being able to map out something like titanic monarch in their heads

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

American McGay posted:

Sonic games hurt my head. It's just information overload and the maps are too busy for me to properly explore every corner and satiate my broken brain.

you just go forward and then try a different path next time you play

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
The Last Guardian.

wish it were easier to recommend but the whole time i was at war with the controls and very few gameplay dynamics were any fun at all. i still give props to ueda for taking big swings

i thought the buildings kinda looked like poo poo but everything else was nice

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

WarioWare Gold story mode

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

10. Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
1. Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

1) Resident Evil 4 - [Professional - Handgun/Knife/Grenades only]

No grenades next time? Maybe.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Good job...that's badass.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

3. zelda: link to the past (snes).

still one of the GOATs

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

1. Dishonored 2 (Emily, Low Chaos)

More dishonored is good. I was trying to get all the runes and bonecharms, and I think maybe that was a mistake as it means every level takes forever and by the end I was feeling a bit burned out. I can't tell if it's more an explorey find everything or a go fast type game.

2. Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

I think it counts although I haven't done any side ops. I didn't realise I was supposed to play this before Phantom Pain so I took a quick break to go through it. Then it's time for Peace Walker after PP as well so Ground Zeroes makes sense.

3. Super Smash Bros - World of Light

4. Metal Gear Solid V

5. Monster Hunter: World

6. Return of the Obra Dinn

7. Her Story

8. What Remains of Edith Finch

9. Hitman 2

10. Firewatch

11. OuterWilds

12. Subnautica

13. Untitled Goose Game

14. Celeste Chapter 9

15. Sekiro

16. The Messenger

17. Disco Elysium

Aston fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 7, 2019

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Aston posted:

More dishonored is good. I was trying to get all the runes and bonecharms, and I think maybe that was a mistake as it means every level takes forever and by the end I was feeling a bit burned out. I can't tell if it's more an explorey find everything or a go fast type game.

If I ever play it I'm gonna rush right through. I got the stealth only challenge poo poo out of my system in the first one.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Aston posted:

I actually just got hte platinum for this last night, and by my third run (corvo no powers) i was able to beat the game in under an hour just running through the levels as fast as i could

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

stealth is definitely the most fun way to play, but i'm a recent stealth game convert in the last 5 years or so (never liked them as a kid)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

a Loving Dog posted:

stealth is definitely the most fun way to play, but i'm a recent stealth game convert in the last 5 years or so (never liked them as a kid)

Same but I find in a lot of games you don't get to use half the upgrades or the most fun ones so I always enjoy the carnage playthrough after

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

going fast and killing but keeping enemy alerts to a minimum is the best way to play for me, it's stupid that the games make you feel guilty for playing it 'wrong'

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Aston posted:

Its good but I stopped at the clockwork place because I'm too dumb to figure it out

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

extremebuff posted:

going fast and killing but keeping enemy alerts to a minimum is the best way to play for me, it's stupid that the games make you feel guilty for playing it 'wrong'

Yeah the first one really pushes you towards going non-lethal lore wise but then you're only using 25% of the toolset and it can get a bit repetitive.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

spb posted:

Its good but I stopped at the clockwork place because I'm too dumb to figure it out

that's definitely the best designed level in the game, overall the levels are way better than in d1

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. DQXI
1a. DQXI post game
2. Devil May Cry 2 (Dante and Lucia discs)

It's been a long time since I've played a real piece of poo poo like this.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

2. Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

fadam posted:

It's been a long time since I've played a real piece of poo poo like this.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao