Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/mcclure111/status/1084305712946311168?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Imagine thinking Vento is confusing by this point... in universe or out of it.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah I've heard about horrible confusion in the mistranslation, but so far everything has been pretty logical, at least in Jojo terms

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We haven't yet gotten to either the part that's memetically confusing or the part that's way more confusing than even that.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Arist posted:

We haven't yet gotten to either the part that's memetically confusing or the part that's way more confusing than even that.

Yeah.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
this tweet refers to characters explaining, discussing and deducing what absolute surreal events are happening to them, like Wer"re Aging Based On Temperature and Our Bodies Are Deflating, not any kind of overarching plot events

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We're at the annoying middle part of a JoJo season in-between soundtrack releases. I really want the version of the main theme that plays when Bruno unzips his head, goddammit!

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH7NpVbCWSk

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Mista shooting a bullet into himself to inject Sex Pistols is so fuckin raw

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Prosciutto is one of the best villains in Jojo. Don't even fight me on this.

hell yeah, most villains are like "okay this hero's incapacitated/mildly inconvenienced let's leave him alone and keep going" thats extremely not how Prosciutto rolls

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I'd have respected him for 1 precautionary shot to the brain pan. But 3? What a pro! Too bad it turned out even that degree of caution seems to have not been enough.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Prosciutto's error was not shooting four bullets. That last bullet would've killed Mista, and if it didn't, then the fact that he would then have four holes in his head definitely will.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Marx Headroom posted:

hell yeah, most villains are like "okay this hero's incapacitated/mildly inconvenienced let's leave him alone and keep going" thats extremely not how Prosciutto rolls

Yeah, everything he does really hammers home the fact that this is a squad of professional assassins we're dealing with.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't know if it was mentioned at any point but 'mammone/mammoni' basically means 'mama's boy', so that's what prosciutto is calling pesci

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
My housemate has been making Miis based on JoJo characters.

https://twitter.com/logancorsaut/status/1086794436590284800?s=21

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

jivjov posted:

My housemate has been making Miis based on JoJo characters.

https://twitter.com/logancorsaut/status/1086794436590284800?s=21

That reminds me has anyone drawn Villager and Isabelle as Prosciutto and Pesci yet?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yeah, everything he does really hammers home the fact that this is a squad of professional assassins we're dealing with.

I love how he's like "No one else on our team would have dismissed their Stand when they were so close to killing their adversary."

And given that Illuso stayed calm enough to keep Giorno, Abbacchio, and Fugo kept in the mirror world while he was dying from a flesh eating virus (not to mention everything Formaggio went through), you can see where he's coming from.

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

That reminds me has anyone drawn Villager and Isabelle as Prosciutto and Pesci yet?

https://twitter.com/nijieith/status/1072856611226443777

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:yeah:

Also
https://mobile.twitter.com/NiniiSpangle/status/1086703064357261312

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's going to be really funny seeing DIO kill people like Goku by dropping a steam roller on them.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Marx Headroom posted:

yeah but he forgot the #1 rule of gun stands which is don't shoot a gun stand user with his own gun

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
My favorite thing from this part is how loving crazy the protagonists are. Willingly lose limbs, shooting yourself, throwing you and the rear end in a top hat you're fighting out of a train going 150 kilometers per hour.

They only survive because they have the perfect stands to get away with this poo poo.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Mulderman posted:

My favorite thing from this part is how loving crazy the protagonists are. Willingly lose limbs, shooting yourself, throwing you and the rear end in a top hat you're fighting out of a train going 150 kilometers per hour.

They only survive because they have the perfect stands to get away with this poo poo.

Shooting yourself is pretty stupid even if you have something like Sex Pistols.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

At least one of the crew has to die as is the way of things, and this is gang life

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Fugo, seems like they set that up in the mirror fight

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Mista has six very special joys and I don't think he goes out to his own gun like a chump

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Kikas posted:

Shooting yourself is pretty stupid even if you have something like Sex Pistols.

I mean as badass as it is, Stands can go intangible so Sex Pistols should have been able to get in there without him having to shoot himself. Jotaro stuck Star Platinum's hand through his own chest for example.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

comedyblissoption posted:

yeah but he forgot the #1 rule of gun stands which is don't shoot a gun stand user with his own gun

The funny thing is that this is the second time Mista has been shot by his own gun. :v:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The funny thing is that this is the second time Mista has been shot by his own gun. :v:

the 4th time will be when he finally kicks it for real

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

ZenVulgarity posted:

At least one of the crew has to die as is the way of things, and this is gang life

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Fugo, seems like they set that up in the mirror fight

Pretty sure the gang life aspect of this season means that at least half the crew will die before the end. My moneys on Abacchio, Naranca, Mista, and Bucciarati.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Nephthys posted:

I mean as badass as it is, Stands can go intangible so Sex Pistols should have been able to get in there without him having to shoot himself. Jotaro stuck Star Platinum's hand through his own chest for example.

He wanted to get them in there as quickly as possible I guess

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
In the moment Mista decided that he'd take two shots to the arm than break up the formation and have two bullets fire uncontrolled.

Whether you think its dumb or not, its quick thinking. I'm noticing that rather than flatout dumb like I remember, Mista is moreso just rash

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

it's a mundane - but extra stylish - gun. Who wouldn't use it?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Has that ever been a thing? Sex Pistols would have blocked the bullets from any gun.

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug

Cao Ni Ma posted:

the 4th time will be when he finally kicks it for real

...One shot in that fight, 3 shots in this one :ohdear:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Expect My Mom posted:

Whether you think its dumb or not, its quick thinking. I'm noticing that rather than flatout dumb like I remember, Mista is moreso just rash

Mista isn't Polnareff or Okuyasu, he isn't meant to be the funny dumb member of the group, despite being physically similar to them. That's Narancia's job. Mista is actually pretty clever most of the time, even if he's hot blooded.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mista is a huge fan of Clint Eastwood he clearly solves all of his problems by shooting them.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Mista owns a lot

Probably my fav member

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

mista owns, shame he's dead

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Sex Pistol was still around to keep Bruno rolling with ice cube. Shame Mista's drifting into coma or something right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

In the moment Mista decided that he'd take two shots to the arm than break up the formation and have two bullets fire uncontrolled.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Mista isn't Polnareff or Okuyasu, he isn't meant to be the funny dumb member of the group, despite being physically similar to them. That's Narancia's job. Mista is actually pretty clever most of the time, even if he's hot blooded.

And even Polnareff isn't as dumb as Okuyasu or Narancia. Polnareff is also rash, but he lacks Mista's coolheadedness.