Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Somewhere, Brad Wardell breathes a sigh of relief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Uranus Opens and Closes Every Day to Let Out Hot Wind, According to Scientists

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Krankenstyle posted:

also, is this really the entirety of the article? wtf?

I know, right? Turns out the big pictures is actually a video. That way instead of just reading the drat story some videographer guy gets to be "creative" and set it to music. I hate it when articles turn out to be videos. :argh:

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

:yossame:

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Slippery posted:

... I'm torn between 1) asking the backstory and 2) not

quadriplegics cannot control their muscles. you're basically loving a loose tube and their body is twisted in upon itself due to the muscles withering away and contracting. additionally, they develop a large, bulbous gut due to all their organs hanging down due to the aforementioned withered muscles. it's horrible, i let the relationship run on far too long, and i hate myself for hurting that poor girls feelings.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Ya gotta post the picture they used:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Here’s a more detailed article about the office bee lady.

I want office bees now, except I work at home :(:

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick

AlbieQuirky posted:

drat that's actually really cool, I hope her beehives takes off well and spread across the country :3:

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Boy opens message in bottle on beach but finds note from men 'out our nuts on cocaine'

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

So she's putting bees outside of my office. That is a lot more acceptable.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/patrick_hruby/status/1086821677365903361?s=20

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

re rapture, always make sure to keep tabs on what the bakkers can sell you in case youre not chosen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOH37W0jPpA

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Baron von Eevl posted:

If Sunn O))) had lyrics this could be an entire album's worth.

Recited in Demilich-style burp vocals over the entirety of Black One.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Yep, as usual, Generation X completely forgotten :negative:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AlbieQuirky posted:

When all the generations get together for their big party, Generation X is always dancing with itself.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1085786329475096576

AlbieQuirky posted:

It was a terrible movie, no one should be forced to remember it.

Samuringa has a new favorite as of 18:58 on Jan 20, 2019

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Wheat Loaf posted:

When all the generations get together for their big party, Generation X is always dancing with itself.

:pram:

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Wheat Loaf posted:

Lol

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Samuringa posted:

It was a terrible movie, no one should be forced to remember it.

I think I saw it, Rose MgGowan castrates a twink with garden scissors in the finale?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

doverhog posted:

I think I saw it, Rose MgGowan castrates a twink with garden scissors in the finale?

Is that the one where she then fucks his new girlfriend with the severed penis on a spike

Wait is this the horror thread I'm sorry I think we've gotten wires crossed

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer
:yikes:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I swear to God, if this turns out like that gay duck that showed me up in the other thread, I'm just going to end it all.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

doverhog posted:

That's The Doom Generation. It's not a good movie.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

doverhog posted:

Nope. The twink gets castrated by Nazis. I can't remember whether they were played by Skinny Puppy or if that was another gang of thugs.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ultrafilter posted:

Ebert's review of it owns.

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-doom-generation-1995

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Man Builds Actual Bomb in Restaurant to Show We're All Too Cavalier About Bomb Threats

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Wheat Loaf posted:

After the dance competition the spotlights pick the kids in triumph.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Even if you wanted to make this stupid point why would you use real explosives. Accidentally setting it off is always going to be a risk (even if minute).

Even if the point you were making was a valid one, it being a live bomb doesn't actually help prove your point any better than a fake one does.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

ultrafilter posted:

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Nope. The twink gets castrated by Nazis. I can't remember whether they were played by Skinny Puppy or if that was another gang of thugs.

It's funny what little things stick in our minds. I always associated "generation X" with that movie.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

doverhog posted:

It's funny what little things stick in our minds. I always associated "generation X" with that movie.
It came out the year after Reality Bites, so yeah, it's Generation X as gently caress.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I meant the actual Generation X movie but I guess I should've expected some sort of entirely unrelated derail to happen, maybe not involving castration, but still.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yeah, he was pretty savage in the 90s and seemed to have little patience with a lot of self-acclaimed auteurs.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Samuringa posted:

I meant the actual Generation X movie but I guess I should've expected some sort of entirely unrelated derail to happen, maybe not involving castration, but still.
Either I was entirely unaware of it at the time or I had blocked it out.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

jobson groeth posted:

Even if you wanted to make this stupid point why would you use real explosives. Accidentally setting it off is always going to be a risk (even if minute).

Even if the point you were making was a valid one, it being a live bomb doesn't actually help prove your point any better than a fake one does.

I like how it just happened to be a guy who made a bomb threat before and tried to pass it off as him taking a gigantic poo poo.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

chitoryu12 posted:

I like how it just happened to be a guy who made a bomb threat before and tried to pass it off as him taking a gigantic poo poo.

two different guys

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

jobson groeth posted:

The statement from the police seems to confirm that the guy was right about people not paying attention to what's going on around them. I mean, yeah, he should still be charged, but he wasn't wrong. He just proved his point in a stupid and dangerous way.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The statement from the police seems to confirm that the guy was right about people not paying attention to what's going on around them. I mean, yeah, he should still be charged, but he wasn't wrong. He just proved his point in a stupid and dangerous way.

Just draw a comic with everyone staring at their phones like every other hack who wants to make this point.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

But like, what's the definitive sign of a bomb? They don't exactly look like sticks of dynamite with a clock taped to it and wires sticking out. At best they look like a vague electronic device that a layman would have difficulty identifying and at worst they just look like a trash bag or jacket someone dropped. Considering that you can get Muslim kids arrested just for building clocks, it's no surprise someone would be hesitant to call the police on someone assembling a gadget in a Starbucks. Even the manager said he thought he was just charging his phone.

Edit: That reminds me, my workplace actually had a package delayed due to suspicion that it was a bomb. We regularly send out boxes of paper exams with calculators, pencils, and scrap paper and have them shipped back for scoring. A big batch of calculators we have beep when buttons are pressed, and there's no way to stop it except pressing another button that temporarily disables it until the next time the calculator is turned on. As the package got transported, it started beeping intermittently when jostled. It was pulled aside and searched as a potential bomb, and then after it wasn't returned to us we had to complain to one of the UPS managers to get it returned weeks later. In retrospect, who makes a bomb that audibly beeps with every second counted down?

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 23:13 on Jan 21, 2019

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Aleph Null posted:

What loving version of the bible, though?

Edit: it ain't like God typed out a perfect book 6,000 years ago in modern English and it's never been changed or altered or had stuff removed or added.

Edit: but, no, this particular translation from this particular time period with these particular books is the one true version because of reasons.

This Newsweek article from a few years ago goes pretty deep on just how badly various parts of the Bible have been mistranslated over time. It’s not perfect, and it’s long as hell, but it’s an interesting and well-researched read.

Tl;dr:

Dewgy posted:

The Nicene Council were a bunch of losers, I made my own canon. It’s 420 pages long and it just says “WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

chitoryu12 posted:

Even the manager said he thought he was just charging his phone.

I can't see this making any sense unless the manager is a thundering moron or the guy was attempting to conceal the bomb parts as he put them together, which it doesn't sound like he was. It sounds like he was openly building a bomb and nobody thought it looked suspicious enough to call the cops.