Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO YA GOT
This poll is closed.
Patriots & Rams 23 10.36%
Saints & Chiefs 61 27.48%
Patriots & Saints 36 16.22%
Rams & Chiefs 102 45.95%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Josh pissed hot because Bill was hoping he could recreate that magical season with the right mix of bad poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1086853560132878336

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Greg Hardy, still a dumb rear end in a top hat

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Gameday today. Who are you officially predicting to win (not necessarily who you’re rooting for)?

NFC: Saints - Close game, but home dome advantage wins and the Saints make their second Super Bowl ever.

AFC: Patriots - Bill Belichick has been here, done that. Another close game but the Patriots advance to their third straight Super Bowl.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I think the Saints will win. I absolutely cannot pick the Pats game because I think everything from a 14 point victory to a 14 point loss is possible.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Patriots will be blown out.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Because your Chargers game prediction was so spot on.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
My gut feeling is like 2:1 odds in favor of the Chiefs. From most likely to least likely scenarios IMO:

1) Chiefs win "close on paper but not really close" game
2) Chiefs win blowout
3) Pats win last second nailbiter
4) Chiefs win last second nailbiter
5) Chiefs just poo poo the bed out of nowhere

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kawalimus posted:

We all know how this will work out.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
What I'm saying is that biggest danger to the Chiefs is Andy Reid having to make critical game management decisions in the 4th quarter of a close game.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I can’t wait to hear Pats fans talk about how much adversity the team faced, how strong the AFC East was, etc. en route to another Super Bowl.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

King Hong Kong posted:

I can’t wait to hear Pats fans talk about how much adversity the team faced, how strong the AFC East was, etc. en route to another Super Bowl.

I mean, they aren't the betting favorite by a slim margin for the first time in something like 4 years today.

Which has sparked the most insufferable no one believes in us thing in a while.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

We all know what’s going to happen

The patriots are going to death by a thousand cuts them on offense, setting up some bullshit DPI calls, and just methodically bury them.

On defense they’re going to give up between the twenties, going for picks and sacks, before tightening up in the red zone and letting Andy Reid beat himself.

The patriots will win with a final score that doesn’t really give justice to how in control New England is the entire game.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/pftcommenter/status/1087009313288278016?s=21

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

The patriots are going to death by a thousand cuts them on offense, setting up some bullshit DPI calls, and just methodically bury them.

On defense they’re going to give up between the twenties, going for picks and sacks, before tightening up in the red zone and letting Andy Reid beat himself.

The patriots will win with a final score that doesn’t really give justice to how in control New England is the entire game.

yeah. I want the exact opposite of this to happen but I just have this sinking feeling the Pats probably win and Boston fans get to continue their little "nobody fackin believes in us!" complex. Puke.

I have a feeling the SB is going to be Saints/Pats with the latter winning.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Durandal1707 posted:

yeah. I want the exact opposite of this to happen but I just have this sinking feeling the Pats probably win and Boston fans get to continue their little "nobody fackin believes in us!" complex for a little week. Puke.

I have a feeling the SB is going to be Saints/Pats.

It’s absolutely going to be saints pats

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

It’s my birthday in two days so this would be really swell.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Well that's topical.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Patrick Mahomes is the best player in football and he’s going to lay waste to the Patriots.

I’m counting out Touchdown Tom.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

Patrick Mahomes is the best player in football

Remember when you thought he was basically the same player as EJ Manuel? :v:

At least I think that was you. If it wasn't make fun of the appropriate Bills fan for me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I too will count out Touchdown Tom

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Remember when you thought he was basically the same player as EJ Manuel? :v:

At least I think that was you. If it wasn't make fun of the appropriate Bills fan for me.

That was me. Beginning to look like I may have been a bit off.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

you can't knee people in the head anymore? may as well put skirts on them

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

OK.... here we go. This football game is very meaningful for Kansas City Chiefs fans, a loss today would be crushing. Please don't gently caress this one up tonight, Chiefs.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

indigi posted:

you can't knee people in the head anymore? may as well put skirts on them

I saw that poo poo live, and I actually saw him getting ready to throw that blatantly illegal knee, going "no, you loving idiot, don't do.... lol, ok well grats on your DQ!"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Rigel posted:

I saw that poo poo live, and I actually saw him getting ready to throw that blatantly illegal knee, going "no, you loving idiot, don't do.... lol, ok well grats on your DQ!"

Back in the early days of UFC the only rules were no eye gouging, no biting, no fish hooking (like putting your fingers in someone's mouth since they couldn't bite).

I remember one guy winning by repeatedly blasting the living poo poo out of someone's balls, also at least one match where guys were down on the mat head to head and one forced the other guy's head down and then just kneed him over and over again until he went limp.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1087034418622070789?s=21

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1087035508402909185

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Gonna be a great player for Washington.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

now that the news is out of the way, what I really wanted to post:

kidcoelacanth posted:

can you all stop quoting kawalimus it's making my ignore useless

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

CHIEFS

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Go saints/chiefs

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
go Chiefs, and, secondarily, go Rams

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

On the one hand I live in Los Angeles so Rams / Chiefs would be an insane Super Bowl.

On the other hand the bars will empty out if the Saints win and I can kick back and stretch out. It's a tough one.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Rams Pats gently caress Andy Reid forever

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Come on Saints/Chiefs Super Bowl dream.

I'll also accept Rams/Chiefs but I'll be grumpy about it.

Just no Patriots, I'm literally willing to watch my home team lose if it somehow means the Chiefs win later, please don't let the Patriots have anything.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
As much as I would love a Rams Chiefs rematch to relive that amazing game, it'd also be pretty cool to get Saints Chiefs for the sixth installment of "This is a good loving game" this year after Chiefs/Pats I, Chiefs/Pats II (pending), Chiefs/Rams, Rams/Saints I, and Rams/Saints II. Then the Chiefs would have played all three of the three other best teams in the game this year.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Go saints/chiefs

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

All 4 teams are cool, though I'd prefer either AFC team win because Pats / Reid's legacy.

It's also much funnier if Brees continues to be never better then second best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rodgers' contract suddenly looking a whole lot better -- just like the last couple times this happened :v: