Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Racist kid chat reminds me of the Wire when the sociologist wanted to try to study / intervene with high school kids to prevent them from going into gangs and the old cop was like nah you gotta get em at like 10-11 years old to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

That Works posted:

Racist kid chat reminds me of the Wire when the sociologist wanted to try to study / intervene with high school kids to prevent them from going into gangs and the old cop was like nah you gotta get em at like 10-11 years old to do that.

A lot of them start hanging out with gangs/racists by that point anyway. You need to find the parents who encourage or enable that poo poo and remove the kid from them completely. But that whole can of worms leads down some slippery slopes.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I feel you can fix poo poo that leads to gangs in the first place with economic and social policies that lead to folks not needing to join gangs for economic or social opportunities.

Chud teen with chud parents arent gonna be fixed by that kinda poo poo.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

racist kids usually start hanging out with racists at birth.

racism is typically a legacy trait.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
RIP Gillibrand's campaign:

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1086996616190541825

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's impressive how quickly Gillibrand is going to burn out. The democratic version of Walker's 2016 campaign.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

colachute posted:

racist kids usually start hanging out with racists at birth.

racism is typically a legacy trait.

You've got to be carefully taught.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
"I did not think about suffering in other people's lives"

mind as well be the motto of virtually every politician in America

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Proud Christian Mom posted:

"I did not think about suffering in other people's lives"

mind as well be the motto of virtually every politician in America

I'd say it's the polite version of "gently caress you got mine."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I hate this loving man and his trash party and his trash base with enough energy that I could be tapped for renewable energy for the rest of time

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
once our ongoing climate disaster is impossible to deny because its happening at everybody too hard theyre just going to shift to blaming china

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1086823650169368576

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1087047152902328320?s=19

succcc

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Get hosed Gabbard.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Handsome Ralph posted:

Get hosed Gabbard.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Jesus, I thought that was a picture of Shucks

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Tollymain posted:

once our ongoing climate disaster is impossible to deny because its happening at everybody too hard theyre just going to shift to blaming china

or god

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That won't happen because their God is infallible, so it's either going to loop back to our fault or being some part of a divine plan.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Guaranteed that the next time Florida gets wrecked by a hurricane, people will just say that it's "God's plan, and he's just punishing the homosexuals down there like with the Pulse shooting." Because they're all scum.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

You can’t blame god because god willed it. It’s in his plans duh.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

A Bad Poster posted:

Guaranteed that the next time Florida gets wrecked by a hurricane, people will just say that it's "God's plan, and he's just punishing the homosexuals down there like with the Pulse shooting." Because they're all scum.

this only applies if the president is democrat I think

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
gently caress wrong thresd and link

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 20, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

LingcodKilla posted:

You can’t blame god because god willed it. It’s in his plans duh.

Blame God

Credit God

whatevs

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
A nine minute video from the march/kids getting in Indians' faces
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si4EUuW-GjQ

Fox et al are claiming it exonerates the kids, presumably because later in the video there are some dumbfuck Black Hebrews I guess? Also a different Indian tells them to take their bullshit wall and go back to Europe which is not a bad point.

Anyway, the uploader has this to say:

quote:

The Covington Catholic boys participating in a March for Life event are innocent, which is what this video shows - the main kid in the video is actually laughing at a group of his friends beginning a fight song chant and doing other silly things when the Native Group (Indigenous Peoples March) approaches them, lead by Nathan Phillips. He laughs and smirks at a few of his friends for all of 30 seconds before showing respect for the man. At no point is either group surrounded.

except that it doesn't actually show the groups approaching each other and starts in media res like the short video so yeah, your dumber friends and family will be claiming this to be full proof and it ain't.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

except that it doesn't actually show the groups approaching each other and starts in media res like the short video so yeah, your dumber friends and family will be claiming this to be full proof and it ain't.

My mom actually just sent me this, and did the whole :smug: whose the real racist bit.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Stultus Maximus posted:

Fox et al are claiming it exonerates the kids, presumably because later in the video there are some dumbfuck Black Hebrews I guess? Also a different Indian tells them to take their bullshit wall and go back to Europe which is not a bad point.

Their "fight song", other collectivist behavior, and especially the last bit, where someone notices the buses just arrived and they immediately all start a "let's go home" chant, is really loving weird.

Like, it's NCAA football fans on meth, but somehow in a Tyranid hivemind.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I just keep hoping these kids will get more attention, because watching Trump find a way to consistently step on his dick on Twitter is dark comedy to me.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

One of the nicest guys I ever met and one of my best friends for awhile was raised by literal white supremacists and grew up around nazis/skinheads and adjacent. Dude basically had his completely indoctrinated worldview shattered by meeting non-white people in basic and washed his hands of all of it. One of probably two people I met in the Army that understood what implicit bias and was constantly trying to erase what had been programmed into him.

Writing off children for life when they've been raised in lovely environments by no fault of their own feels cathartic cause gently caress lovely people and teenagers even when they're not raging MAGA assholes tend to be lovely so it's even more enraging, but it's a lovely thing to do.

That said gently caress these kids, I hope their college admissions get pulled and this comes up on google for every job interview they have for the next decade. Feeling crushing social sanction as a consequence of this poo poo is a good first step for any sort of rehabilitation.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Stultus Maximus posted:

You can watch the whole 2 hour video here. I mean, you won't, but you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3EC1_gcr34

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Defenestrategy posted:

My mom actually just sent me this, and did the whole :smug: whose the real racist bit.

Even if the defenders of the kids are right and the Indians approached them first and started chanting at the kids, the chaperone (the loving superintendent!) needs to be fired for not telling the kids to walk away quietly.

e:

SimonCat posted:

You can watch the whole 2 hour video here. I mean, you won't, but you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3EC1_gcr34

No, I definitely am not watching two hours of Black Israelite bullshit. Does the video actually have the start of the confrontation of the Indians and students? And if so, when?

Stultus Maximus fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 20, 2019

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1087043481611235331?s=19

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Their "fight song", other collectivist behavior, and especially the last bit, where someone notices the buses just arrived and they immediately all start a "let's go home" chant, is really loving weird.

Like, it's NCAA football fans on meth, but somehow in a Tyranid hivemind.

Where are the synapse creatures?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

my kinda ape posted:

Where are the synapse creatures?

The media and teachers/politicians, I'm guessing. A Tyranid hivemind is a really good way to describe America, honestly.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

CoffeeQaddaffi posted:

The media and teachers/politicians, I'm guessing. A Tyranid hivemind is a really good way to describe America, honestly.

When I was a kid I wanted to be a Carnifex but I ended up being a Genestealer cultist :smith:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Jarmak posted:

One of the nicest guys I ever met and one of my best friends for awhile was raised by literal white supremacists and grew up around nazis/skinheads and adjacent. Dude basically had his completely indoctrinated worldview shattered by meeting non-white people in basic and washed his hands of all of it. One of probably two people I met in the Army that understood what implicit bias and was constantly trying to erase what had been programmed into him.

Writing off children for life when they've been raised in lovely environments by no fault of their own feels cathartic cause gently caress lovely people and teenagers even when they're not raging MAGA assholes tend to be lovely so it's even more enraging, but it's a lovely thing to do.

That said gently caress these kids, I hope their college admissions get pulled and this comes up on google for every job interview they have for the next decade. Feeling crushing social sanction as a consequence of this poo poo is a good first step for any sort of rehabilitation.

I was like this except with LGBTQ stuff. I was raised and taught that all gays were damned to hell, likely possessed by a demon, intent on spreading a false and dangerous lifestyle. HIV was gods retribution etc and that all gay men were pedophiles and just waiting to rape another man given any chance. Like, the more I think about it, the more hosed up it gets and my family wasn't even one of the more zealous ones in my church.

Anyways, I went away to college and met some gay people and was like "wait what". Yeah, 100% reversal of thought there for me.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The odds of some private school kids ever leaving their bubble are close to zero

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I am normally against doxing but I hope all of those kids names are put out and they all get rejected from colleges and jobs because of it.

I realize this makes me somewhat of a hypocrite considering I am normally against doxxing, but gently caress them.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Stultus Maximus posted:

Even if the defenders of the kids are right and the Indians approached them first and started chanting at the kids, the chaperone (the loving superintendent!) needs to be fired for not telling the kids to walk away quietly.

e:

No, I definitely am not watching two hours of Black Israelite bullshit. Does the video actually have the start of the confrontation of the Indians and students? And if so, when?

Of course you're (and probably everyone here) not going to watch the entire video because it will dispel the entire narrative being pushed. And we can't have that, can we?

So if you DO watch the video, you will find out that:
The black guys at the start of the video were yelling at the kids; calling them 'faggots', 'crackers', and the black kids 'niggers'. Spouting off about homosexuality...basically lots of hatred. The school group boos them down, protect their black classmates.

Then the natives step in (about 1:10 in). The blacks see the possible situation in front of them, and kind of egg the natives on. The native drummer approaches the kids and gets inches away from the kid that is now (in)famous in the photo. Then someone yells 'Look at the MAGA hats!', trying to add gas to the situation. The kids aren't quite sure to make of the situation and start doing the FSU (and I guess Atlanta Braves) tomahawk chop, not knowing/being able to see clearly the situation in front of them. Or just being stupid kids.

Then the staredown.

None of the kids were yelling 'BUILD THE WALL!!" or anything else. The kids didn't encircle anyone. They pushed their way to the center. The kid wasn't anymore disrespectful to the native drummer than the drummer was to him. Has he got a smarmy grin on his face? Maybe.

Probably uncomfortable with the situation and reacted the way only a teenager can when the drummer starts yelling at them to "Go back to Europe" and to 'get the gently caress out of my face with that poo poo!

So the virtue signaling left, trying to one up each other, are all up in a hissy fit about all this. Youtube is pulling the video off. Facebook is removing it. MSM is only showing parts of it, and not the entire video. Even you fucks in this thread are talking about calling/writing the school basis what MSM is telling or showing you - which is so far from the truth, it's not even funny.

When Trump and Republicans yell 'fake news!'? Well, this is it. This is what drives it. See the latest Buzzfeed fiasco.

It ain't the right yanking this down off youtube, facebook, etc. The right isn't trying to control the news. Because they don't.

So, no, the super doesn't need to be fired. The kids shouldn't have walked away, and kowtow'd down to these people. The kids did what was RIGHT. You want to blame KIDS for the actions of ADULTS that instigated the whole thing? You want to dox all those involved that did nothing wrong?

I now present to you the patron saint of GiP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

So the new CHUD narrative is that these poor upstanding youngsters were rudely accosted by a bunch of black racists, then the native protestor started banging a drum in their faces? All we need now is a thuggish youth wearing a hoodie and menacingly brandishing some skittles and ice tea, maybe a feminist to throw out some false rape accusations, and we’ll have the perfect storm of Fox News coverage for weeks.

Edit: gently caress you, Tide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Bored As gently caress posted:

I am normally against doxing but I hope all of those kids names are put out and they all get rejected from colleges and jobs because of it.

I realize this makes me somewhat of a hypocrite considering I am normally against doxxing, but gently caress them.

They're gonna end up with chud money/connections the way the right wing media is shaping this incident. Black hebrews apparently were acting like assholes as well and saying some terrible poo poo to the native Americans as well. I didn't even know what that was until someone showed me and they're nuts too. Poor native Americans take so much poo poo and this might end up with more hate towards them.