Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

FMguru posted:

Someone put in some hard spadework overwork trying to find out more about the kid and his school. Worth reading the whole twitter-chain (ugh).

https://twitter.com/arlenparsa/status/1086985105824976902

Favorite details:
1) The kid got disciplined in 9th grade for hiring an essay writing service

2) As far as can be determined, all 80+ teachers at the school are white

it's a lot of fun to just watch the backlash progressing live :choco:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You shouldn't confuse outrage with backlash. The only real consequence for them is a raised blood pressure from being mad that anyone cares.

for now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 28 days!)

Kurnugia posted:

I mean, I'm super happy that there is a backlash, because it's a sign that there's enough people out there to whom MAGA chuds acting and being what they are, is disgusting enough to make their school disconnect thier phone line and publically beg for forgiveness. Which is further a sign that the most important thing, peoples worldviews, are changing for the better.

or maybe, just maybe ive smoked enough for tonight

You shouldn't confuse outrage with backlash. The only real consequence for them is a raised blood pressure from being mad that anyone cares.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

for now

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KTsXHXMkJA

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://twitter.com/Hegelbon/status/1087031409947090945

Man, that poo poo about the kids being raped and brainwashed is really loving funny coming from a Catholic.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

01011001 posted:

for the dc area ones not at all (but you’ll have to sit awkwardly in mass)

I'm pretty sure my school had some jewish kids

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

They aren't gonna do poo poo

Nobody is, which is why this guy

FMguru posted:

Someone put in some hard spadework overwork trying to find out more about the kid and his school. Worth reading the whole twitter-chain (ugh).

Needs to doxx that kid already.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

romanowski posted:

I'm pretty sure my school had some jewish kids

Vatican II strikes again

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

FMguru posted:

https://twitter.com/arlenparsa/status/1086985105824976902

Favorite details:
1) The kid got disciplined in 9th grade for hiring an essay writing service

2) As far as can be determined, all 80+ teachers at the school are white

This kid needs to have his life destroyed as an object lesson. I’m sure he’s been raised to be comfortable with the concept.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

This kid needs to have his life destroyed as an object lesson. I’m sure he’s been raised to be comfortable with the concept.

pavlovian training

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

if they feel bad releasing information on the kid into the public sphere when it's not strictly necessary, they should just pretend it's a black 14 year old who got shot by a rando chud

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I don't think anyone feels bad, it's just a blatant ethical violation.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Yup. I mean, apart from the universal rich white people tactics he's going to learn in loving over the people he manages and loving over restaurant workers who inconvenience him, he's also got that right-wing Catholic training where he ignores the Church's many abuses against children because oh well, at least the Church also helps him own the libs by trying to ban abortion. Dude's a walking symbol of corruption.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

the chud kid is no angel

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I don't think anyone feels bad, it's just a blatant ethical violation.

lol bullshit, digging up dirt to feed a narrative is 100% normal and accepted, nobody has ever been punished for doing so in the history of journalism and especially not now

pull the trigger you lib cowards, don't let antifa scoop ya

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

lol bullshit, digging up dirt to feed a narrative is 100% normal and accepted, nobody has ever been punished for doing so in the history of journalism and especially not now

pull the trigger you lib cowards, don't let antifa scoop ya

Ethics matter beyond whatever consequences may or may not happen. Besides, there's zero reason to believe there'd be more to gain by doxing the kid and his family than otherwise. Elite networks aren't susceptible to public pressure the same way a public-facing corporation is.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Ethics matter beyond whatever consequences may or may not happen. Besides, there's zero reason to believe there'd be more to gain by doxing the kid and his family than otherwise. Elite networks aren't susceptible to public pressure the same way a public-facing corporation is.

They don't get to claim the high ground of ethical standards if they knowingly and proudly apply it selectively and in favor of the rich and powerful. Dude doesn't have to do poo poo just because I said so but they can't have it both ways, the fact remains that if smearing this kid and putting his private info into the public sphere was something that helped the cops or the reactionary narrative, it would've been done within seconds of that image hitting the airwaves

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I don't think Arlen Parsa works the "officer-involved shooting" beat.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
https://twitter.com/FlatEarthGirlz/status/1087062961171062785

this is my favorite twitter account

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

take a look at when all the American ones got founded.

Epic High Five posted:

Also check out the dates that 99% of Confederate monuments were built lol

Epic High Five posted:

Check out what other headlines that diocese has made lol

drat you guys are giving me a lot of homework for a sunday

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Vatican II strikes again

Martin Luther's 96th Thesis was "And they are letting the Jews and their Lies into Catholic Schools!"

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

KiteAuraan posted:

Martin Luther's 96th Thesis was "And they are letting the Jews and their Lies into Catholic Schools!"

that does sound like him

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

see you and raise you
https://twitter.com/caveman444/status/1045708073195565057

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hellsau posted:

drat you guys are giving me a lot of homework for a sunday

ANSWERS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 11:59PM SUNDAY NIGHT

NO PARTIAL CREDIT ALLOWED

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
ThEreS NoO sUch thInGs As jApanEse LefIsts!

https://twitter.com/amw_english/status/1087019986084904961

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ReaganYouthNYC/status/1087025664530759681

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

there may be, they just have way more boomers and the longest life expectancy in the world (likely including eventually actually putting the decrepit rightwingers into robot shells where they will live to be 200), so they are really irrelavant

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
These are all Matt Christman fake names what the hell

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shouldn't have stopped playing

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

there may be, they just have way more boomers and the longest life expectancy in the world (likely including eventually actually putting the decrepit rightwingers into robot shells where they will live to be 200), so they are really irrelavant

otoh all of america's millennial leftists will be dead of drug overdoses and preventable diseases by 50; presumably the japanese ones have healthcare

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Catholicism always depresses me because there were so many better loving alternatives to it that it stomped out over the years and people on the left get weird around it because occasionally some Catholic religious authority will say "Income inequality is against Christ's teachings" and somehow that means to ignore all the other vile poo poo they do like teaching homophobia and transphobia as well as always funneling money into right wing campaigns to ban abortion.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

SunAndSpring posted:

Catholicism always depresses me because there were so many better loving alternatives to it that it stomped out over the years and people on the left get weird around it because occasionally some Catholic religious authority will say "Income inequality is against Christ's teachings" and somehow that means to ignore all the other vile poo poo they do like teaching homophobia and transphobia as well as always funneling money into right wing campaigns to ban abortion.

And, you know, that whole decade if not centuries spanning criminal conspiracy to enable and cover up child abuse.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
in fairness even just saying that income equality is real and bad is more than a lot of authorities manage

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

shouldn't have stopped playing

seriously. having a backdrop of nazis getting their teeth punched out is like ultimate stage pyrotechnics.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

uber_stoat posted:

seriously. having a backdrop of nazis getting their teeth punched out is like ultimate stage pyrotechnics.

They played though a lot already, and if they didn't quit they could've been legends.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

And, you know, that whole decade if not centuries spanning criminal conspiracy to enable and cover up child abuse.

let's not forget publicity campaigns in africa claiming birth control causes aids

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

If you look at the video, apparently the native man walked up to the kid rather than the other way around? Sorta changes things.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

Palemdromes posted:

If you look at the video, apparently the native man walked up to the kid rather than the other way around? Sorta changes things.

*gif of bart throwing away cake that says "you tried"*

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Palemdromes posted:

Do tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Palemdromes posted:

Black negro Muslims were harassing that precious white perfect angel. What was he supposed to do?