Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I thought the betrayal of Nerevar, or at least Vivec's own personal involvement with it, was more or less in quantum superposition due to CHIM. That Vivec was able to erase, perhaps, his physical and 'factual' involvement in the plot but could not erase his guilt - hence the confession in the sermons.

nah ALMSIVI murdered him

there are multiple accounts of what happened but there's no CHIMy wimy alterations or suppositions of that they just lied about it and it all happened several thousands of years prior

edit:

quote:

I never noticed Sil pushing Dagoth into the dirt with a gravity gun

I think that's supposed to be kagernac's tools specifically wraithguard

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Voryn Dagoth did nothing wrong

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Shoulda put Crassus Curio in there too.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Can't believe we didn't get a cool af happy pig mask

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Agents are GO! posted:

Shoulda put Crassus Curio in there too.

*not killed, not in my canon

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
What are you talking about? He was just an old man with a skooma problem.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Are you people mixing up Uncle Crassius with Caius Cosades?

Also neither of them are canonically murdered. There are no official quests to kill either of them.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Not Caius. Uncle Crassius.

"Dance of the Three-Legged Guar was a coded warning about the Oblivion Crisis!"

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Cat Mattress posted:

Also neither of them are canonically murdered. There are no official quests to kill either of them.

Yes, I got them confused. It's been a while since I played the game.

Of course Crassius Curio brings up a funny little thing about the game. Crassius was originally only supposed to ask you to get naked if you wanted to join Hlaalu if you were female. A bug prevented that from working properly and he just asked no matter what. The devs decided it was funnier that way and left it in.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

FutonForensic posted:

I never noticed Sil pushing Dagoth into the dirt with a gravity gun

Wow me neither. Guess there’s so much going on in that image the eye doesn’t get drawn to the bottom.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

Two people who encapsulate what makes Morrowind the best in series. A pervy author who writes about sexy lizards and a topless, drug addict, government spy.

Two characters far too interesting and memorable for Oblivion or Skyrim.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
I just remembered the worst thing about Morrowind Rebirth.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Cursed.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
That's weird, he's still shirtless in my Rebirth game.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

loving ridiculous.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Some screenshots from my current game, Tamriel Rebuilt areas, mostly.

wish this area was finished

Akamora, at sunrise.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Berke Negri posted:

nah ALMSIVI murdered him

there are multiple accounts of what happened but there's no CHIMy wimy alterations or suppositions of that they just lied about it and it all happened several thousands of years prior

edit:

I think that's supposed to be kagernac's tools specifically wraithguard

This concept art is rad is there a way to check these out without tracking down whatever probably impossible to get book the art's in?

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Disgusting. Might as well install anime faces and asses.

Is there some kinda guide on how to easily install stuff like rebuilt and the other huge zone additions? I don't particularly want x-treem graphics changes or anything other than basic quality of life stuff. So vanilla but bigger... maybe the neater level mods or addons that expand weak skills. Keep in mind I'm a cretinous buffoon. Prob I'll look up the sites for the major mods and re read, but if anyone had like "babies first big mod install" on hand I'd appreciate a link.

Also if they're writing quests it would be cool to have more forgery options for high security types. Like an agent should be more able to forge a sealed document or detect forgeries. I feel like that's a cool thing that got next to no use. Maybe dres could have some of these or twin lamps could forge wills or slave deeds to manumit people (if they didn't already have that I never got that far)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
woah this poo poo is loving me up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIMBYREr9yg

it's obviously glitchy and real wacked out but the thing that's really striking is seeing how much reach a spear has, that's super crazy.

e: gently caress all this time I had a nexus account and forgot about it completely. Guess I got to get it reactivated

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 21, 2019

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

ah, that explains why it removed the Hair Shirt of St Aralor from the game completely (for no reason, making the Temple guild impossible to complete). Caius stole it

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
poo poo I ran mod organizer before I opened morrowind for the first time (decided to start over completely clean and new), and it threw some kind of error about inis and then imported them from vanilla. Does this mean non-bloodmoon/tribunal, or does this mean non-modded? Is this fine or should I do something before completing the mod organizer tutorial?

I started off with the STEP guide so I guess i'm at step 2 of 45,000

e: welp I went to install a mod using mod organizer's tutorial and it crashed and hosed up so uh

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jan 21, 2019

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

it's obviously glitchy and real wacked out but the thing that's really striking is seeing how much reach a spear has, that's super crazy.

e: gently caress all this time I had a nexus account and forgot about it completely. Guess I got to get it reactivated

finally a reason to get a vr headset

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The ui is really weird and seems disorienting in VR. Also the fact that you can rotate your view so that your eyeballs are inside your shoulder blades etc.

Right so I got mod organizer working with some mods I had picked out. It even runs morrowind, but it's extremely weird:

1: starts the game really slowly but it does get started
2: all the settings are rear end wrong and the resolution is ridiculously low not what I want it
3: steam controller doesn't work at all.

I installed that algorithmically enhanced textures pack to test the whole thing and uh I think it may not work so hot with 640x480 res. Opening the actual game or the launcher thru MO is basically the same result.

If I open it normally thru steam it loads the unmodded game completely perfectly, mod organizer is like another new install. Advice on how to make MO work with steam or at least pull the right settings? This sorta super blows, I have the controller set up exactly how I like.

E: also jiub looks exactly the loving same if I have enhanced textures on or off, even with the highest stock resolution available (1400x1050 I think). It should be at the bottom of the list so it can fully overwrite everything, right??

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 21, 2019

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Agents are GO! posted:

Some screenshots from my current game, Tamriel Rebuilt areas, mostly.

wish this area was finished

Akamora, at sunrise.

i like that film grainy dof you got going on, good pics

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Well I fixed the resolution by either adding MO to steam or not running it as admin. Prob the admin thing because even though I have MO using morrowind's controller settings the controller doesn't work at all.

E: Alright I don't know what the hell happened, but I tried it one more time without changing anything and it spontaneously was fine and working like I thought it should. Everything loads, everything just works. So sorry I guess just some weird thing??

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jan 21, 2019

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

I am absolutely going to try this out once they get some of the bugs taken care of.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Fuligin posted:

i like that film grainy dof you got going on, good pics

My goal was literally "1950s technicolor epic, played back on 90s vhs." I think I've gotten it pretty good. I especially like how due to Exponential Fog the stuff in the far distances is faded to silhouettes.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

This concept art is rad is there a way to check these out without tracking down whatever probably impossible to get book the art's in?

https://www.imperial-library.info/content/art-morrowind

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So I just spent 20 minutes wandering through Old Ebonheart yelling "I'd like to buy some CRACK! Does anyone wanna sell me any CRACK?"

Well done, Tamriel Rebuilt. :golfclap:

Also (possibly :nws:)"Come, Nerevar, Friend or Traitor, Come."

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Agents are GO! posted:

So I just spent 20 minutes wandering through Old Ebonheart yelling "I'd like to buy some CRACK! Does anyone wanna sell me any CRACK?"

Well done, Tamriel Rebuilt. :golfclap:

like really cause that sounds cringey as hell

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Has anyone seen a Wrye Mash stack trace like this?

code:
Traceback (most recent call last): 
  File "mash\masher.pyo", line 2876, 
  in OnSave File "mash\mosh.pyo", line 6036,
  in load File "mash\mosh.pyo", line 872,
  in init File "mash\mosh.pyo", line 879,
  in load File "mash\mosh.pyo", line 743, 
  in read mash.mosh.Tes3SizeError: Mainsave0000.ess: xia
I've started running into this while trying to clean my saves. The save loads fine except for a warning about missing dialog for the "Missing Hand" quest from Tribunal. Upon loading, I have a solid blue-grey screen and I'm always somewhere in Fort Moonmoth. All of my constant-effect icons are gone, but I still appear to have some boosted attributes. The map is reset to totally unexplored, and my journal is emptied.

I can teleport somewhere and the thing at least loads, visually, and I can play pretty much like normal. A couple odd things happen, though (aside from having to re-explore again):
  • My base attributes seem permanently buffed. I.e. some are white rather than yellow, and if I take off the Boots of Blinding Speed, my speed is somewhere above 200. I can put them back on and still get the +200.
  • Although my journal is empty, if I complete a stage of some active quest I had, the next entry will go into my journal.

I'm afraid my saves might be totally hosed, which would be sad since I started back in like April. Does anyone have any ideas that could rescue them?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

like really cause that sounds cringey as hell

Not really, I just had to find a Skooma dealer so an artist could get back to work.

It's the Khajiit down by the docks big surprise.

I just realized I hadn't logicked it out and was just asking whoever, getting disposition penalties with a bunch of NPCs.

hooah posted:

Has anyone seen a Wrye Mash stack trace like this?

code:
Traceback (most recent call last): 
  File "mash\masher.pyo", line 2876, 
  in OnSave File "mash\mosh.pyo", line 6036,
  in load File "mash\mosh.pyo", line 872,
  in init File "mash\mosh.pyo", line 879,
  in load File "mash\mosh.pyo", line 743, 
  in read mash.mosh.Tes3SizeError: Mainsave0000.ess: xia
I've started running into this while trying to clean my saves. The save loads fine except for a warning about missing dialog for the "Missing Hand" quest from Tribunal. Upon loading, I have a solid blue-grey screen and I'm always somewhere in Fort Moonmoth. All of my constant-effect icons are gone, but I still appear to have some boosted attributes. The map is reset to totally unexplored, and my journal is emptied.

I can teleport somewhere and the thing at least loads, visually, and I can play pretty much like normal. A couple odd things happen, though (aside from having to re-explore again):
  • My base attributes seem permanently buffed. I.e. some are white rather than yellow, and if I take off the Boots of Blinding Speed, my speed is somewhere above 200. I can put them back on and still get the +200.
  • Although my journal is empty, if I complete a stage of some active quest I had, the next entry will go into my journal.

I'm afraid my saves might be totally hosed, which would be sad since I started back in like April. Does anyone have any ideas that could rescue them?

Sorry, my instinct when redoing my modlist is to delete my saves and start over.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

holy poo poo some of those helmets & clothes are insanely good
really fuckin good

still think if you have the correct dust blockin' helm on you shouldn't be negatively impacted by dust storms

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
It's interesting how much more cloth they wanted on the native armours.

And bonewalkers being undead nix hounds makes a lot more sense.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 22, 2019

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Man, there's really not a lot of good short blades are there

Started a khajiit sneaky character and was planning to do daggers but honestly seems like I'm going to have to finish the Morag tong to get blackhands dagger

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
The Fang of Hayeknhametnametmahekn is good.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
iron dagger 4 life. Get skilled.

So I got TR installed. It was weirdly non-intuitive with mod organizer, but I got it fixed up. Walked south and started swimming, made it to the coast west of Gol Mok. It's interesting because you can very easily see that someone else made the mainland, it's far more dense, both the landscape and the amount of things in it. No rolling hills or any of that.

I saw some sweet new plants, but they're glitched out, carrots floating around, orange moss also floating. I stumbled into Gol Mok and noticed that chick & guard were standing a few inches above the ground. Skipped over to the docks and there was an orc fisherman who didn't want to gently caress up his fancy pants, probably because these pants were like 2-3" thick. Went back to the manor, couple books map books were there, but one was blank.

So would these weird things be caused because this is a work in progress zone, or did I gently caress something up? I arbitrarily decided to get the HD textures instead of normal, should I swap to normal? I don't have any graphics mods except the algorithm textures.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
I feel like there's a glass netch dagger in the cave with the guy wearing the Lord's Mail, just lying on the ground by some mushrooms. It's what I'd use, other than a Bound Dagger, for starting with a focus on short blades.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Vavrek posted:

I feel like there's a glass netch dagger in the cave with the guy wearing the Lord's Mail, just lying on the ground by some mushrooms. It's what I'd use, other than a Bound Dagger, for starting with a focus on short blades.

speaking of i was trying to do the permabound glitch and it doesn't seem to be sticking. 1 pt of any effect on target and 1 pt bound dagger and cast at your feet, right? seems to unequip itself as soon as i cast it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
No idea. I don't intentionally invoke glitches like that. My gamebreaking tends to come from modded content and just knowing the systems well.