Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I mean, until you drive them 10 miles and need to rebuild the entire engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

KillHour posted:

I mean, until you drive them 10 miles and need to rebuild the entire engine.

Cheap to buy, not cheap to run.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Adiabatic posted:

Imma need some links there amigo.

Just go to racecarsdirect.com and look at everything.

EVERYTHING.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I saw one a while ago and thought it was some aftermarket garbage, but I guess you can get Mercedes with a light up front emblem now. I've seen a handful of them. Its the tackiest thing I've ever seen.

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/accessory/title-Illuminated_Star/id-OEMPartNo:AQ00001110

e: JFC: Bright, but sophisticated. And it's your opportunity to announce to the world: "This is my Mercedes-Benz."

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's more subtle in real life, but still super tacky

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I see them all the time and all I can think of is "that motherfucker paid $600 just so I would notice his Mercedes at night."

They're universally found on the most entry level trims.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

KillHour posted:

I see them all the time and all I can think of is "that motherfucker paid $600 just so I would notice his Mercedes at night."

Well yeah, the person driving around in the 600SEL or the M63 AMG doesn't need to wave it around. The people buying C200s are the ones that want to show off their Benz. It's the difference between an aspirational (I want to make it) car and a destination (I have made it) car.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Memento posted:

Well yeah, the person driving around in the 600SEL or the M63 AMG doesn't need to wave it around. The people buying C200s are the ones that want to show off their Benz. It's the difference between an aspirational (I want to make it) car and a destination (I have made it) car.

I thought the difference was whether you had to take out a third mortgage.

Edit: There's an M-Class Mercedes? :raise:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The M-class is the Mercedes SUV that isn't a gelandewagen (G-class). Originally featured in Jurassic Park 2.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I Googled it and it was renamed the GLE class in 2015 to avoid confusion with BMW.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

KillHour posted:

You literally cannot get it with higher options levels because that's where the stuff for active cruise control goes :lol:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I wasn't entirely sure what thread to put this in. I kinda like it but I'm pretty sure it's dumb as hell.

Place where I found it had a comment that said "Baja Miata sounds like a combo at Taco Bell."

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I wasn't entirely sure what thread to put this in. I kinda like it but I'm pretty sure it's dumb as hell.

Place where I found it had a comment that said "Baja Miata sounds like a combo at Taco Bell."

Wrong thread

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

iospace posted:

Wrong thread

Way wrong thread. Offroad Miatas are proof that God doesn't hate us entirely, only mostly.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
So if I stance a car, make it worse to drive in every aspect and ruin the ride, it belongs in this thread, but if I do the same but opposite it doesn’t?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Frank Dillinger posted:

So if I stance a car, make it worse to drive in every aspect and ruin the ride, it belongs in this thread, but if I do the same but opposite it doesn’t?

Yes

E: no but opposite.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

As Nero Danced posted:

Way wrong thread. Offroad Miatas are proof that God doesn't hate us entirely, only mostly.

Best thing is you don't need much articulation in the suspension, the frame will take care of that for you!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

iospace posted:

It's more subtle in real life, but still super tacky

I really like that it’s uneven, and you can see the individual lighting elements instead of just a monolithic glow.

It’s not just tacky, it looks actively cheap.

otaku69
May 18, 2003

Powershift posted:

That's not even the dumbest thing Europeans did with the 300.

It was so fat and slow, it made every other car in the series have to take on ballast, some up to 160kg

You just need to add a Demon Engine to one of those and call it a HF with an elephant emblem

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Minnesota Mixup posted:

You literally cannot get it with higher options levels because that's where the stuff for active cruise control goes :lol:

I was pricing out a C63s and you can still get it with all the bells and whistles. If you're a moron.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I wonder if they have a lighted one for the hood ornament on an s-class.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

It should be lit with tritium for aiming at pedestrians in the dark.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

KillHour posted:

I was pricing out a C63s and you can still get it with all the bells and whistles. If you're a moron.

Nah you can't. The package that adds active cruise control will remove it, since it replaces that part with a flat piece that has the sensors behind it.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

The M-class is the Mercedes SUV that isn't a gelandewagen (G-class). Originally featured in Jurassic Park 2.

It's the one that's identical to a Chevy Traverse from behind

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Frank Dillinger posted:

If anything it probably rides better(softer/more comfortable) than a standard Miata. And depending on how it was lifted, it doesn't even mess with the handling/drive ability of it either, so not at all like stancing it. I was planning on doing the same thing to my old Miata if my little brother didn't buy it from me. I am still kinda sad he ended up buying it from me....

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
All I can think of is that moron who almost killed himself and innocent bystanders Baja-ing his fiat 500.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Frank Dillinger posted:

You’ve cracked the code on how the AI hive mind works.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
So you're conflating two things where one of them is "put massive undue stress on my 185-profile tires by stretching them over 10-inch-wide rims, and ensure that only a tiny fraction of the tire touches the road at any time" and the other is "put off road tires on off road rims at a normal angle".

Seems fair.

:psyduck:

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Minnesota Mixup posted:

Nah you can't. The package that adds active cruise control will remove it, since it replaces that part with a flat piece that has the sensors behind it.

I don't see why any expensive car should be lacking active cruise these days, it's even on stuff like the Corolla and Suzuki Swift these days.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Riding on your tire's sidewall, risking a blowout at every pothole = bad
Increasing the height of your sidewall so you don't even notice potholes = good

down + low profile = bad(stanced)
up + high profile = good(battlecar)
up + low profile = bad(donk)
down + high profile = good(https://i.imgur.com/FprVho1.jpg)

It's not that hard

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Powershift posted:

Riding on your tire's sidewall, risking a blowout at every pothole = bad
Increasing the height of your sidewall so you don't even notice potholes = good

down + low profile = bad(stanced)
up + high profile = good(battlecar)
down + high profile = good(https://i.imgur.com/FprVho1.jpg)

It's not that hard
Down and high profile all day. ALL DAY.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Powershift posted:

Donks are the exception to this otherwise valid rule.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dadliest Worrier posted:

They're funny, but still bad.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Dadliest Worrier posted:

mainly because it eventually resulted in one of the best car pictures ever being taken:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I love how even though it's blurry and grainy as poo poo, you can still see dude's smug "hell yeah".

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Thief posted:

mainly because it eventually resulted in one of the best car pictures ever being taken:

Gets me every time.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Powershift posted:

They're funny, but still bad.

You're a horrible person and should be filled with shame for a thousand generations.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Blue Footed Booby posted:

In keeping with the theme:

https://santamaria.craigslist.org/cto/d/santa-maria-lifted-nissan-350z/6799888927.html

"Won't start for some reason"

"Running strong"

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Minnesota Mixup posted:

Wait, that's a factory option?!? I just figured people buying base models were throwing those on to try and impress people, always thought it was an aftermarket thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Fat rally tires are always more awesome than putting a layer of electrical tape on the rims.