Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Switched over to a proper impale setup, putting aside that sweet nat's pew pew gun. I have to say, it is pretty nutty. I can drag a 4 man of undergeared people through a GR 85 with me in good time quite easily. Alone I've done a 92, and I haven't really tried to push it.

It is also braindead easy to play, and pretty tanky. Roll through enemies, click impale until they are dead, piano key everything else on cooldown.

Edit: GR 102 done! I am now demon hunter rank 235.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I turned off the Mature Language filter and all was well. No one to power level at the time I was on but I'll try later.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Filthy Monkey posted:

Switched over to a proper impale setup, putting aside that sweet nat's pew pew gun. I have to say, it is pretty nutty. I can drag a 4 man of undergeared people through a GR 85 with me is good time quite easily. Alone I've done a 92, and I haven't really tried to push it.

It is also braindead easy to play, and pretty tanky. Roll through enemies, click impale until they are dead, piano key everything else on cooldown.

Edit: GR 102 done! I am now demon hunter rank 235.

Nice. Is that with an Ancient Karlei's?

What armor piece, if any, did you swap in given the perma-RoRG this season? I was going to try Visage or Aquila, whichever is better not to cube. Feels like the best stuff would mostly be defensive -- I can't think of a good offense piece to add with the RoRG.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Yeah, ancient Karlei's. I upgraded a bunch of daggers until I got one. The impale roll isn't very good though.

As for non-shadow pieces, I have endless walk, strongarm, elusive ring, and chain of shadows equipped. Aquila is in the cube. For easier stuff I've been swapping it out for nemesis in the cube.

I even embarrassingly have a nat's hat equipped. I really need to swap it out for a shadow piece, wear aquila, and cube something else. Or just leave nemesis in the cube, because I like them.

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007
If you have one I'd wear the Aquila and a witching hour and cube the vault belt. The extra crit/as on WH is really good for impale.

Nats isn't too far behind impale. I've done a 106 so far with it and I saw someone did 108 I think so pretty close to impale.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bought the game for my Switch (fourth time now following PC, PS3, and PS4) and started playing just in time for the new season and drat it's pretty fun. Getting to 70 was sort of a slog and I didn't have access to the Challenge Rift so no boosted start but I still managed to hit Paragon around 300 after some 14 to 15 hours of playing as a Immortal King + Bul Kathos Barb. I'm glad these sets are just getting buffed insane amounts every season, and that we can get free sets.

Also the season's RoRG buff is neat, do seasons usually give you some sorta unique buff like that, or is this a one-time thing?

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Spacely posted:

If you have one I'd wear the Aquila and a witching hour and cube the vault belt. The extra crit/as on WH is really good for impale.

Nats isn't too far behind impale. I've done a 106 so far with it and I saw someone did 108 I think so pretty close to impale.
Yeah, that does seem to be the popular choice. The other thing I see people doing is wearing the vault belt, and cubing something like frostburns.

I've been using the lightning impale rune though, which seems to be easier to manage hatred with on lower GRs. The cold rune feels like it would probably have stronger synergy with pain enhancer later on, given how giant packs of poo poo become the norm higher up.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Bought the game for my Switch (fourth time now following PC, PS3, and PS4) and started playing just in time for the new season and drat it's pretty fun. Getting to 70 was sort of a slog and I didn't have access to the Challenge Rift so no boosted start but I still managed to hit Paragon around 300 after some 14 to 15 hours of playing as a Immortal King + Bul Kathos Barb. I'm glad these sets are just getting buffed insane amounts every season, and that we can get free sets.

Also the season's RoRG buff is neat, do seasons usually give you some sorta unique buff like that, or is this a one-time thing?

This is the third season with a theme. First was double goblins, minus rainbow and inside the vault. Second was double bounty rewards.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gotta admit I'm gonna miss this season when it ends, not having to Cube a RoRG is really neat. It's like having a free power slot.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
wonder what next season will be

2x materials seems like the easy choice

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
season of being killed by slow moving single file bees

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Trade me your Blackthorne coat so I can use it with my belt.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

tetsuo posted:

You mean Season 13??

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Gotta admit I'm gonna miss this season when it ends, not having to Cube a RoRG is really neat. It's like having a free power slot.

I hope it leads to more cool builds and not my first idea, "Put a Convention of Elements In Your Power Slot"

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What characters have a lot of mobility and/or movement speed?

I'm digging how fast my Immortal King + Bul Kathos Barb goes flying around the place as he Whirlwinds without end, and I'd like another speedy character once I hit GR70 on him.

Was thinking Exploding Chicken Voodoo but I already did that on PS4.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I think Multishot DH was the king of flipping around clearing entire screens

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I hope it leads to more cool builds and not my first idea, "Put a Convention of Elements In Your Power Slot"

For me it's likely to be "throw a witching hour in" but I'm still gearing up so I guess we'll see if anything cool becomes apparent when I get there.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I am seeing a lot of Monk builds using multiple set pieces which looks quite cool.

One uses 5 pieces Inna, 3 pieces Ulliana - so you get the huge Inna damage buff and mantras + the huge seven sided strike buff. Inna has a weapon so this is possible.

One uses 5 pieces Inna + 2 Storm King. Storm king now gives a 400% generator damage buff with 2 pieces, with the Inna buff you suddenly have generators doing endgame damage.

Ulliana on its own seems pretty awesome now, the only buff was to Exploding Palm but it went from +2000% > +9000% damage just for 6 pieces before factoring in all the additional uniques that buff it and that you can now equip multiples of

I have no idea how much of this existed in Season 15, but whenever I asked multiple build sets weren't THAT viable. It looks like Rhykker's tier list has a whole bunch of Monk sets that went straight from not existing at all to A tier which is awesome! I hope people experiment with the new stuff and have fun!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ironically baseline RoRG has seemed to most help sets that already had 7 pieces because you get even more flexibility to work with.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I got a monk alt already after finding ToL Hammerdin to be lacking in groups (if you don't hit enough mobs you don't get the Falling Sword cooldown down enough and die).
For now I am going for a Wave of Light build from icyveins but I was wondering if there's a cool easy to play monk build that works for solo and group rifting. Anyone got a lot of experience with monks?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Wave of Light is the Swiss Army Knife of the Monk. It is one of their strongest builds, period. It can also accomodate Sages for DB farming. It can be stacked with speed boosting stuff to make it very fast for both bounties and lower level farming. This season there are other builds that are viable, but for the last couple seasons it was top dog.

It is also great for groups, except for maybe ultra high level rifts where you have to start taking group composition into account. But even then you swiss army knife over to the monk zDPS build and you're golden.

Dameius fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jan 21, 2019

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Tahirovic posted:

I got a monk alt already after finding ToL Hammerdin to be lacking in groups (if you don't hit enough mobs you don't get the Falling Sword cooldown down enough and die).
For now I am going for a Wave of Light build from icyveins but I was wondering if there's a cool easy to play monk build that works for solo and group rifting. Anyone got a lot of experience with monks?

By group rifting I assume you just mean like everyone dropping in and soloing together. In that case everyone will use their speed builds so it would be WOL monk.

If you mean actually like pushing grouping then monk is zmonk and it has absolutely no crossover with a pushing build solo build (obviously - the z means zero dps)

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Reminder to check what the conquests before you farm 50 bounty chests.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Snacksmaniac posted:

Reminder to check what the conquests before you farm 50 bounty chests.

I did one of each bounty for the set piece and gently caress if I'm gonna do those again. 1 chest per bounty is brutal I'd rather do challenge rifts instead

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm pretty sure it's just me, but is anyone else having bad lag this season? I can sit in town and my connection thingy to the right of the powers bar turns red, and is at 600+ msec. L

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I did one of each bounty for the set piece and gently caress if I'm gonna do those again. 1 chest per bounty is brutal I'd rather do challenge rifts instead

A full set of 5 bounties takes < 10 minutes in public games. It's pretty easy if you just put a TV show on in the background.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Gotta get those materials if you’re going to have a fully stocked kanais cube

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Vomik posted:

By group rifting I assume you just mean like everyone dropping in and soloing together. In that case everyone will use their speed builds so it would be WOL monk.

If you mean actually like pushing grouping then monk is zmonk and it has absolutely no crossover with a pushing build solo build (obviously - the z means zero dps)

Yeah we're just casuals not following the group meta. I am just looking for more fun stuff for it that can keep up speed wise.

To farm gear I am using that Akhan's lazy shotgun build, it's stupidly tough but doesn't have great dps, kinda fun to play tough. My alternative for the group game would be Condemn but I've played that to death, so figured a monk alt will be my way out.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

My favorite group build for crusader is thorns because you just kind of stand there and taunt everything. It’s not efficient but it’s funny.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
WoL Monk and UE DH are the best casual group builds in the game because they operate on clearing one screen of enemies at a time instead of something smaller. And both have very fast moving variants with UE getting a faster raw move speed (up to 400%) but WoL getting a better movement ability (dashing strike vs vault).

You can't go wrong with either.

Edit: Also 400% movespeed for bounties is hilarious and fun. And fast.

Dameius fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 21, 2019

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

What characters have a lot of mobility and/or movement speed?

Fastest movement speed would be Witch Doctor, but they lack teleport, which means they often have to take the long way around, which can be a huge pain on some maps.

Most mobility would be Demon Hunter, who have the best ability based movement and speed combo and can keep it consistently without sacrificing much.

Last but certainly not least is Monk, who have the absolute best movement, period, if they can keep the buff from In-Geom up, as their teleport is the best movement when you don't factor in cooldown.

There are some very weird perma-dash monk builds but they take a lot of work and are mostly just for messing around with bounties/having fun. If you want consistency it's probably Demon Hunter, Monk have the highest ceiling but are most map dependent, and WD are the best for specifically bounties.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Marketing New Brain posted:

Fastest movement speed would be Witch Doctor, but they lack teleport, which means they often have to take the long way around, which can be a huge pain on some maps.

Most mobility would be Demon Hunter, who have the best ability based movement and speed combo and can keep it consistently without sacrificing much.

Last but certainly not least is Monk, who have the absolute best movement, period, if they can keep the buff from In-Geom up, as their teleport is the best movement when you don't factor in cooldown.

There are some very weird perma-dash monk builds but they take a lot of work and are mostly just for messing around with bounties/having fun. If you want consistency it's probably Demon Hunter, Monk have the highest ceiling but are most map dependent, and WD are the best for specifically bounties.

If you are farming non difficulty dependent things, like goblins or portraits, et al, the monk build is undisputed by a long rear end shot.

I actually prefer the DH for bounties because the difference between your high level gr UE build and the 400% movespeed variant is shuffling some skills around and some accessory legendaries. Your set and weapons don't change so you don't need to do much to get it going.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What's the 400% movement buff?

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

I’m not sure what is faster though if you include the perma vault build. I used that last season for boss mode solo and had like 5 minutes to spare

It’s not very good for grouping though

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
400% movespeed.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh man, I was insanely demotivated by the rampant hacking on the leaderboards, with every single class having a 115+ GR clear with full Primals and 105 Augments

Turns out there's a bug on Xbox where it's displaying Season 14 leaderboards.

I was also wondering how on earth the meta hadn't changed at ALL, with Shadow Impale still dominating the top 25

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

pmchem posted:

Softcore, I guess, since I presume the HC scene is totally dead now.

Brosephs I play Hardcore Seasonal on Xbox. You don't know loneliness.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

tetsuo posted:

I have fond memories of dying endlessly to pre-nerf inferno act 2 bees

I finally muster enough strength to kill the skeleton king, then I get one-shot by a bug that moves like old people gently caress

Can't believe that was nearly seven years ago now

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I found Tal rasha meteor with the teleport wand in place of the deathwish blade very fast since you can quickly go teleport-channel-teleport while creating powerful meteors in your wake. T13 normal rifts and bounties got real fast real quick.

The greater rift progression version with the deathwish was odd. If opponents did not do enough damage to trigger the illusionist passive I was slow as heck. The moment I finally pushed my rifting to 90+ to match my power level I finally sped up and could zip everywhere off enemy attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Pharohman777 posted:

I found Tal rasha meteor with the teleport wand in place of the deathwish blade very fast since you can quickly go teleport-channel-teleport while creating powerful meteors in your wake. T13 normal rifts and bounties got real fast real quick.

The greater rift progression version with the deathwish was odd. If opponents did not do enough damage to trigger the illusionist passive I was slow as heck. The moment I finally pushed my rifting to 90+ to match my power level I finally sped up and could zip everywhere off enemy attacks.

The nice thing about the free RROG this time around is you can swap out your belt for a Krelm's for a free speed boost for the "Too high to Aether Walker, too low to proc illusionist" tiers