Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Palemdromes posted:

It kinda does, though.

wash your hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Hellsau posted:

racist shithead's parents are filthy rich and are paying for a massive propaganda campaign and you're either part of it or buying into it because you truly, badly want to believe that a group of kids in MAGA hats who attend a famously bigoted all-boys private de-facto-segregated catholic school aren't actually racists

I’m just talking about what I see in the video. The kid looks like an rear end in a top hat and I hope he faces some sort of repercussions in any case.

fool_of_sound posted:

wash your hair

Oh yeah thanks for the reminder.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Covington story is important because it highlights a racial and class divide that the vast majority of people would rather just ignore and not think about. Whether the Native Americans approached them first doesn't change the nature of the issue at all.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Covington story is important because it highlights a racial and class divide that the vast majority of people would rather just ignore and not think about. Whether the Native Americans approached them first doesn't change the nature of the issue at all.

yeah - if this situation were reversed and the kids had rolled up on a Native American drum circle screeching and yelling slurs, the exact same white people currently stanning for the kids would be saying "so? it's a free country you're allowed to walk up to people, that's not threatening"

because most of them are loving lying; they know exactly what those kids were thinking and they agree with them

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Can you explain? From where I’m sitting it definitely does. If Chief Phillips went out of his way to stand in the face of a young man who was defending his classmates from homophobic and racial slurs aimed their way by Black Hebrew Israelites, that’s a big big piece of this confusing puzzle.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Palemdromes posted:

Can you explain? From where I’m sitting it definitely does. If Chief Phillips went out of his way to stand in the face of a young man who was defending his classmates from homophobic and racial slurs aimed their way by Black Hebrew Israelites, that’s a big big piece of this confusing puzzle.

I want you to solve the puzzle from Hellraiser bitch

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Palemdromes posted:

You can't be racist to white people, least of all wealthy white people.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
This is why the catholic church must be burned to the ground.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Palemdromes posted:

I'm curious as to how you get from this to "it was okay to surround him and scream slurs."

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
Funny how the Fascism that's taking over the world is mostly coming from Catholic institutions and figures :thunk:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Hodgepodge posted:

I'm curious as to how you get from this to "it was okay to surround him and scream slurs."

He's not the only one!

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1087100286433402881

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

staticman posted:

Funny how the Fascism that's taking over the world is mostly coming from Catholic institutions and figures :thunk:

Not for lack of trying on the protestants' part, they just lack the organizational and personal discipline to do anything more than grift and embarrass themselves.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Palemdromes posted:

Bullshit's gettin' pretty deep here, ace.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Hodgepodge posted:

From the longer video it just seems like they’re on one side, not surrounding him. And I don’t hear any slurs. But I’m happy to be proven wrong because gently caress trump hat wearing kids.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Palemdromes posted:

Those loving kids love homophobic and racist slurs. The only reason they weren’t joining in is because they hate black people more. Those kids are irredeemable.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
i mean, that video is pretty much the perfect encapsulation of modern white supremacy.

that kid can stand there, while his peers throw jeers, because he knows that native person can't do anything to him. he smiles, because he knows that he will never experience the desperation and suffering that native communities suffer.

it's really not that difficult

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

crime weed posted:

i mean, that video is pretty much the perfect encapsulation of modern white supremacy.

that kid can stand there, while his peers throw jeers, because he knows that native person can't do anything to him. he smiles, because he knows that he will never experience the desperation and suffering, that native communities suffer.

it's really not that difficult

But the kid was approached.

APPROACHED!

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
I love the characterisation of the MAGA kids as anything other than mockery and a poor attempt at challenging the Native American dude, it's so obvious what is happening.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/dcbenson67/status/1087101195137765377

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

nice to see the media immediately form a united front to protect white supremacy as usual though

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

What do you think it changes?

Gonna take a stab at it and say that it proves, conclusively, that that Palemdromes carries water for racist shitbags at every opportunity, and that nothing he posts can even remotely be considered to be in good faith.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

it changes things from "MAGA kids swarm native elder" to "MAGA kids swarm native elder who was trying to stop their racist chanting"

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
some local action:

shot

https://twitter.com/PNWYLF/status/1087150435733954560

chaser

https://twitter.com/PNWYLF/status/1087152439730401281

to be fair, it was mildly drizzly today which scares the nazis back into their climate controlled suburbs

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

staticman posted:

get your popery out of america :argh:

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

MizPiz posted:

But the kid was approached.

APPROACHED!
having the stark, brutal, reality of the inequalities of our society shoved in the poor white kid's face was unconscionable, true.

if only minority groups could move their problems to where white people wouldn't have to ever see/think about them, that'd be great.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Ah well, someone figured out the kid's name already. His mom, who I think is the one who doubled down on the right wing poo poo by saying this was provoked by "black Muslims", is a VP at Fidelity Investments.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So you're a 17 year old kid in a MAGA hat, with 50 of your closest friends, all MAGA'd up and clumped on a staircase waiting for their bus after a long and exhausting but energizing day of shouting whore at women who want access to abortions

Your buds all start doing tomahawk chops and football game pep band chants to pass the time while you're bemusedly watching five bearded black guys yell at you from across the courtyard about how your parents are all rich and made their money off the backs of slave labor

After an hour of this a couple of elderly, rickety Native American dudes slowly approach your dozens-strong block of strapping youths, beating a skin drum and chanting slowly as they come near you

What do you do? what DO you do?

[ ] a) Quiet down, take off your obviously provocative MAGA hats, and find a better place to wait for your bus than literally in the middle of a rally full of street preachers

[ ] b) Gather your posse all around you, surround the dude with the drum, and smirk in his face from six inches away to make sure he knows he ain't got poo poo to say to you cuz your the MAN

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Business Gorillas posted:

get your popery out of america :argh:

terrorists hate our hats

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

um actually they were chanting BUILD THE WALL which according to chud twitter is the school motto and nothing to do with the border at all

also, they never said BUILD THE WALL stop lying, but if they did it's fine because it's the school motto

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
wrong thread lmao

Low Desert Punk has issued a correction as of 03:28 on Jan 21, 2019

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Low Desert Punk posted:

if the kansas city fans don't take the field they're cowards

what horseshit officiating did I miss

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BUILD THE WALL is a reference to our defensive line GO COLONELS

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Epic High Five posted:

what horseshit officiating did I miss

Anything in favor of the pats tbh

Also lol this made them overturn a turnover lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MizPiz posted:

Not for lack of trying on the protestants' part, they just lack the organizational and personal discipline to do anything more than grift and embarrass themselves.

As a veteran of the 30-year war I

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

staticman posted:

evangelicals are behind it in america and brazil

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Azathoth posted:

Gonna take a stab at it and say that it proves, conclusively, that that Palemdromes carries water for racist shitbags at every opportunity, and that nothing he posts can even remotely be considered to be in good faith.

Why do they need water? Are they thirsty

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

is there a full video of this drama anywhere

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Palemdromes posted:

You're a gullible loving idiot. Shut the gently caress up.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Palemdromes posted:

gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Palemdromes posted:

Lmao, literally blaming those "evil black muslims" just like the kids mom did for his lovely nazi behavior

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...s-a8737186.html