Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

boxtorrent hand-delivered this post to richard "lowtax" kyanka
gotta admire such dedication to shitposting

wait, so you don't hand write all of your posts and give them directly to lowtax in a velvet lined briefcase?

how do you even post i thought that was what everyone had to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

you fool

you incomprehensible idiot

the velvet lining in the briefcase has been deprecated for years now

turn in your shilling badge now

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

can i get a refund for the tens of thousands i've spent on velvet lined briefcases

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Boxturret posted:

wait, so you don't hand write all of your posts and give them directly to lowtax in a velvet lined briefcase?

pigeons

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Boxturret posted:

can i get a refund for the tens of thousands i've spent on velvet lined briefcases

no

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Boxturret posted:

you’re supposed to include a return shipping label if you want them back

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

you’re supposed to include a return shipping label if you want them back

but i was standing right there and instead he just threw them in a big pit

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

look it says if you want it back you need the return label otherwise it goes in the pit

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Number went down $180 today.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Paladinus posted:

Number went down $180 today.

Just like Bart!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

huh

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Boxturret posted:

i ink my posts on parchment with a fine japanese sumi and mail to cloudflare. they of course arrange the courier with the mangosteen-infused briefcase

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lol.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

holy shoot

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i ink my posts on parchment with a fine japanese sumi and mail to cloudflare. they of course arrange the courier with the mangosteen-infused briefcase
I just poop in an envelope and hand it to the nearest mailman

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Micioonthet [score hidden] 3 hours ago

As the yellow vest movement grows across Europe, and the U.S. government shutdown continues, it's only a matter of time before smart money realizes Bitcoin is a good option untied to government.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

that's not how any of this works

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

Micioonthet [score hidden] 3 hours ago

As the plague sweeps across Europe, and the bodies are lying in the streets, it's only a matter of time before smart money realizes Bitcoin is a good option untied to government.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

that's not how any of this works

more things bitcoiners don't understand:

how any of this works

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2 • 1 point • submitted 20 hours ago

Bitcoin is already successful. Mainstream adoption will happen later this year when the financial collapse happens and bank cards stop working. It will happen out of necessity.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2 1 point 1 day ago

More money moves across the Bitcoin network than across the Visa network every day so adoption is not small, pal.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2 • 11 points • submitted 4 days ago

It's actually a good idea. Fiat is easy and cheap. Bitcoin is rare and precious.

We should all be borrowing as much fiat as we can while it still has value and buying as much BTC as we can while dumbshits are still willing to trade it for poo poo fiat.

The USSA is about to go the way of the USSR. Our money is poo poo. The numbers are fake. Might as well get real money while you still can.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2 • 1 point • submitted 4 days ago

In two years you won't care about USD. US will be officially bankrupt by then and the Federal Reserve dollar will be a relic of a dark and distant past.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

putin bless the united soviet states of america

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2 • 0 points • submitted 4 days ago

Spotted the no-coiner.

It takes a few minutes for transactions to confirm. Much faster than the 36 hours it takes for a credit card transaction to hit the merchant's account.

Buy Bitcoin or be poor forever, plebe.

Last warning.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

More money moves across the Bitcoin network than across the Visa network every day so adoption is not small, pal.

and because bitcoin is transparent this claim can be easily backed up and verified

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

how is that diydude guy so loving stupid, the mind just boggles at the magnitude of his idiocy

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
he's either an elaborate troll or a future rampage shooter

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

...! posted:

why does he keep saying this, where did he even get that idea, it's so incredibly obviously false i feel like typing it into google would put me on some special list of morons

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

I feel now like he's talking and money on exchanges.. Still false but more plausible, though that's not actually the Bitcoin network handling it

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 21, 2019

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

its like nearly 300k a day and maybe 3-5 of those are someone buying something legal

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sedge and Bee posted:

I feel now like b he's talking and money on exchanges.. Still false but more b plausible, though that's not actually the Bitcoin network handling it

it's not really more plausible imo, visa alone moves tens of trillions of dollars a year. the sum total of all the made-up "market caps" of every single cryptocurrency out there is less than the amount of money visa moves in a month.

i think it's just a case of good ol' american not-understanding-big-numbers coupled with his own assumptions of how big a deal bitcoin should be

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i like how bitcoin's already bigger than visa and it hasn't even hit the main stream adoption phase

just imagine how many quinitillions of dollars a picosecond it will move then

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Visa moves like twenty billion on a slow day lol (that's billion with a b)

Even bit players like Discover move several orders of magnitude more than bitcoin

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Shame Boy posted:

why does he keep saying this, where did he even get that idea, it's so incredibly obviously false i feel like typing it into google would put me on some special list of morons

it feels like he's just waiting for someone to challenge it, so he can launch into a whole screed about how most fiat transactions are fake, and even the real ones are using imaginary fiat money unlike the real stored value of bitcoin

...!
Oct 5, 2003

KnifeWrench posted:

it feels like he's just waiting for someone to challenge it, so he can launch into a whole screed about how most fiat transactions are fake, and even the real ones are using imaginary fiat money unlike the real stored value of bitcoin

oh people challenge him on it but he just ignores them

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

so do you think that he believes that the jews are inflating the visa numbers or hiding the bitcoin numbers

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

have the illuminati infiltrated blockchain.info

...!
Oct 5, 2003

well he does post occasional rants about the rothschilds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

oh my goodness im so shocked to hear that