Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I read that the initial goal was seriously like $500. It's crazy how much this blew up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Sanguinia posted:

What's cool about this stream in particular is that it's not exactly raising money for a "mainstream," charity. This is a trans-specific charity and it's one that (based on comments in the stream from it's leadership) is under fire quite often as a result of that. 270k for this charity in particular is a huge moonshot. Not to mention what a great platform it's been for Trans and Left-Wing content creators, who've been dropping in all through the last few days to get their names out there and talk about interesting and useful stuff, from progressive critique of anime to the history of european medical ideology post-WW1.

Yea this is a really good point. The charities that usually get tagged for these charity stream things tend to be stuff that is generally acceptable, like cancer research or doctor's without borders. It is pretty cool that a trans-specific charity is getting a big boost, and I hope they're able to leverage this into consistently better things. Sort of the progression path other charity streams had: getting more success than expected and just kept doing it and growing it.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Are we sure AOC isn't a goon?

She's too good to be a goon. :negative:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I for one couldn't be happier that Donkey Kong is now a trans icon

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Slugworth posted:

To be fair, I'm in my 30s and feel the same way. Watching other people play a video game is what you do while waiting for them to die so you can play.

It honestly reminds me of going to the arcade as a kid. I didn't have a lot of money to spend playing games myself, so I used to like watching other people play.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Jesus III posted:

I'm not your mom, but I wanted you to know this really hurt my feelings. I'm only 4 years younger than your mom. Is that when I'm going to start sucking at video games??????

I dunno but everyone over 35 is old as hell imo.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Lol I wonder how the group growing up with charity speed runs streams will compare to the generation that clandestinely elbowed the player to gently caress them up so their turn could start.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pakled posted:

I for one couldn't be happier that Donkey Kong is now a trans icon

People from every end of the sexual spectrum have thirsted for DK for years now, so it only a matter of time, really.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

No.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I case anybody wants it, this is the complete list of the guests we've been on Hbomb's DK64 stream, and links to their organizations/content. It's still being added to. Cross-posted from RGD.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wMXdmC9acxqzaAzNG9ET7AiGOamBxMxsUrFrOsT69e8/htmlview?usp=drivesdk&sle=true

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Spiffster posted:

My mom hasn’t played games until just recently. She has sent me messages saying she’s been killing Nazis in Call Of Duty.

:911:

You gotta get her to play the 2015(?) Wolfenstein series. More story driven and more Nazis to kill.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

cochise posted:

She's too good to be a goon. :negative:

There are good Goons. They are just easy to miss, because they tend to not be the loudest Goons.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

tehinternet posted:

You gotta get her to play the 2015(?) Wolfenstein series. More story driven and more Nazis to kill.

Was actually going to buy it for her for Mother’s Day because I’m a cool son like that :radcat:

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Tayter Swift posted:

Games Done Quick pulled in over 2 million for cancer research a couple weeks back.

Also, along with the speedruns, they usually have some completely bonkers technical exploit demonstrations, like "by having a robot send 2 million button inputs per second in a specific sequence, I can make Pokemon Yellow crash and then reboot as a live working Twitch chat client".

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Spiffster posted:

Was actually going to buy it for her for Mother’s Day because I’m a cool son like that :radcat:

Your mom fuckin’ owns and you do too, friendo. How old is your mom out of curiosity?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

DrNutt posted:

Can't loving wait to check out Liz Warren's Mixer stream next week, wherein she drinks a beer and plays some Banjo-Kazooie.

Really enjoyed President Bernie's fireside Chaturbate

Armack
Jan 27, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

I case anybody wants it, this is the complete list of the guests we've been on Hbomb's DK64 stream, and links to their organizations/content. It's still being added to. Cross-posted from RGD.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wMXdmC9acxqzaAzNG9ET7AiGOamBxMxsUrFrOsT69e8/htmlview?usp=drivesdk&sle=true

Matt Christman (aka cushbomb) was also in there. Could be that whoever's filling this out just hasn't caught up to that yet, as of this posting.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
being able to demand Tom Cotton show feet sweetie will make up for some of 2028

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Data Graham posted:

It's been a dumb joke this whole time, but I'm actually now starting to think it's too close to being within the realm of possibility

If it was ten years ago I would say there is a reasonable chance, but all the stuff she does has exploded out to the internet at large since then.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Senator Grassley plz show U KNO WHAT

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Make sure to watch the lunar eclipse tonight and chant the secret incantations when the moon begins to glow blood red. Trump will fall to our curse this time.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

In the 2030’s the silent majority votes into office a man known only by his campaign slogan: “hotsauce on feet”

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

Senator Grassley plz show U KNO WHAT

Chuck Grassley's so old that if it's not quaterbacking a rapist to the Supreme Court at the behest of another rapist, then he probably doesn't even remember what the what in u kno what even is anymore.

...Unless it's rape. Chuck Grassley always has time for rape.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

skylined! posted:

Make sure to watch the lunar eclipse tonight and chant the secret incantations when the moon begins to glow blood red. Trump will fall to our curse this time.

But all the chuds are going to be respawning tonight :ohdear:

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Vile Pilot posted:

Someone posted a much longer video here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3EC1_gcr34
I haven't checked it out fully yet though so I can't offer any commentary.
USPOL Winter: proud to be a product of sodomy!

Thanks to iterations of the trump thread, I've been listening to a lot of Godspeed You Black Emperor.
I don't know, but I swear one of the preacher group is the guy at the start of Providence (particularly when things calm down at the end of the Washington video). Just every now and then the voice patterns match. It's twenty years though, so could just be street preacher voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tZ_uwDlmPY

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Pakled posted:

But all the chuds are going to be respawning tonight :ohdear:

“Link! The chudmoon rises!”

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Lightning Knight posted:

You shut your goddamn mouth.

*replaces ice on knee because of a ladder stress injury*

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I work in IT and most of my job ends up being user support. 90% of the “how do i open the internet” type calls (because the IE/Chrome icon isnt on the desktop) come from the boomer-age mid level/senior management. One lady last week argued with me why “she can’t just use her home computer for work!”

Millennials are so self sufficient by comparison.

I'd dispute the millenial part - as a millenial IT dude as well, I do see a lot of boomer tickets, but recall that most computing consumed by late millenials and gen z was created to be as simple and streamlined as possible - best example being apple's walled garden of iphone poo poo. If millenial/genZ customers have something break, there's a significant subsection that can easily figure it out, and yet another significant subsection that have absolutely no clue, just as much as the boomers.

I don't hate the clueless millenials though. I definitely hate the clueless boomers.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

Logan's Run(ing)

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

The joke is that millenials are following the same trajectory as their boomer parents.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Lightning Knight posted:

Get off my drat lawn!

And while you're at it run to the store and get me some ibuprofen. My knee's acting up again.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Family Values posted:

The joke is that millenials are following the same trajectory as their boomer parents.

Millennials are just about as racist as their parents

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)
AOC has to be a goon. I made a suggestion for dems campaigning like this a year and a half ago.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lightning Knight posted:

Hell yeah I'm 35 on the dot, technically not old according to SA mod Lightning Knight.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also the Patriots are going back to the Super Bowl again this year so once again the sports chuds are going to be insufferable unless T*m Br*dy loses again like he did last year.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

WHITE millennials, who will be numerically insignificant by the time they’re 50+.

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake

pkay posted:

AOC has to be a goon. I made a suggestion for dems campaigning like this a year and a half ago.

Just ask if she has stairs inside of her house or has invested in mangosteens

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

This is why the marganlized should treat everyone in power or benefiting from privelage with distrust until they prove their worth. It's how most trans people survive when it comes to judging cis so you might as well just extend it to all of the wretched species of humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

nine-gear crow posted:

Also the Patriots are going back to the Super Bowl again this year so once again the sports chuds are going to be insufferable unless T*m Br*dy loses again like he did last year.

Can that fucker just retire already? I loving hate that piece of poo poo. It's not even a political thing. I just loving hate the Patriots and I loving hate Tom Brady.