Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Come on now, MAGA hats aren't racist, they are just exclusively worn by racists. There is a difference, apparently

If you leave a MAGA hat alone in an empty room with a tape recorder, the tape recorder will be silent. If you leave someone with a MAGA hat on with a tape recorder in an otherwise empty room, the tape recorder will have a whole lotta racial slurs on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

the red hats are only not-racist if you're daft as hell

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Hellsau posted:

If you leave a MAGA hat alone in an empty room with a tape recorder, the tape recorder will be silent. If you leave someone with a MAGA hat on with a tape recorder in an otherwise empty room, the tape recorder will have a whole lotta racial slurs on it.

was an xbox present

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Bullshit's gettin' pretty deep here, ace.
lolin at this line

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I've seen Graham Linehan's name come up on trans issues before and assumed he was a run-of-the-mill bigot (I'd also seen that transphobic episode of The IT Crowd), but looking at his Twitter it's just an endless stream of transphobia every minute of every day.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

snoremac posted:

I've seen Graham Linehan's name come up on trans issues before and assumed he was a run-of-the-mill bigot (I'd also seen that transphobic episode of The IT Crowd), but looking at his Twitter it's just an endless stream of transphobia every minute of every day.

it is astonishing how is entire timeline can be that much transphobic propaganda, yeah. like he seriously thinks about hating trans people almost every second of his life. I didn’t care much for IT Crowd but I liked Black Books and Father Ted, crass and stupid as they were.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I love Brass Eye, but I assume that was mostly Chris Morris' baby anyway.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

one of my friends is getting really into Jordan Peterson and doesn’t understand why this is bad

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

one of my friends is getting really into Jordan Peterson and doesn’t understand why this is bad

:sever:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Well that didn't take long. A couple /pol/ dorks dressed up and took pictures of themselves putting up "It's Okay To Stand Your Ground" flyers around Covington Catholic.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Can someone explain to me how the "unedited" video makes the MAGA kids not seem like shitheads?

I still see them laughing, chanting "build the wall!", taking off their shirts and acting like gorillas, and doing tomohawk chops.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Mr Interweb posted:

Can someone explain to me how the "unedited" video makes the MAGA kids not seem like shitheads?

"evil black muslims" were saying mean words to the precious rich white children

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I think you've got to look at it from the perspective of people who think Kavanaugh was exonerated by his confirmation

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Republicans posted:

Well that didn't take long. A couple /pol/ dorks dressed up and took pictures of themselves putting up "It's Okay To Stand Your Ground" flyers around Covington Catholic.

nice this will end well

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Mr Interweb posted:

I still see them laughing, chanting "build the wall!", taking off their shirts and acting like gorillas, and doing tomohawk chops.
it's literally "but context." the argument is the point, you're just meant to accept that the existence of context makes the difference, looking at what the context is is not required.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Republicans posted:

wonder which guys from the video they are lol

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

Republicans posted:

There's a AIM-led direct action taking place at Covinginton this Tuesday.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

snoremac posted:

brain worms are real

Mr Interweb posted:

brain worms again, you're taking someone at face value and assuming they're a normal person who has reasons for their actions rather than some nazi sympathizer looking for any excuse for the MAGA kids' actions.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Republicans posted:

these guys seriously think they're the covert resistance despite licking boots whenever possible

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
The strategy seems to be to spam links to the full video claiming the video contradicts the claims made about the kid's behaviour, hoping people will take the offering of the video as proof without watching.

Like, when Phillips walks up, slowly and politely, the kid's start chanting "fight." Contrary to claims, they do surround him, etc, etc.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Those loving kids love homophobic and racist slurs. The only reason they weren’t joining in is because they hate black people more. Those kids are irredeemable.

lol

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

This kid needs to have his life destroyed as an object lesson. I’m sure he’s been raised to be comfortable with the concept.

you're a hosed up idiot

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014
gently caress the kid, he's 17 so basically an adult anyway. Trayvon Martin was the same age and his life was ruined in a more concrete way just because he was black, so I won't lose sleep about some absolute monster getting a bad rep on social media.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

oh hey a nazi lmao

e: coming into the thread on pg 1941 is a violation of the molotov-ribbontrop pact btw

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Silly Hyena posted:

so I won't lose sleep about some absolute monster

hahahahaha

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

StashAugustine posted:

Lmaoooooo someone in that thread on the Catholic school is blaming the kids behavior on Vatican II holy poo poo

Spirituenza

Dreddout posted:

(((Catholics)))

Nobody expects the Jewish Inquisition

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing
What's with the sudden influx of obvious nazis ITT? And people taking them at face value lmao

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Republicans posted:

*walks around in trenchcoat mafia getup with megaphone and Walmart AR*

"HAVE NO FEAR IT'S OKAY TO BE WHITE"

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Mr Interweb posted:

I still don’t hear “build the wall.” The rest of it...yeah, they’re rear end in a top hat kids. But they have the capacity to change.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Republicans posted:

These cowards, however, are massive dogwhistle pieces of poo poo and need to be beaten to within an inch of their lives.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Anta posted:

What's with the sudden influx of obvious nazis ITT? And people taking them at face value lmao

Right-wing media is pushing the story at the moment.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
the orphean descent of the dem primary thread also reminded a lot of people that cspam exists, for good or ill

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

GMA has the little kid on to "explain his side!"

Palemdromes posted:

I still don’t hear “build the wall.” The rest of it...yeah, they’re rear end in a top hat kids. But they have the capacity to change.

That depends on what their upbringing and school does about it, no?

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

pillsburysoldier posted:

GMA has the little kid on to "explain his side!"

That depends on what their upbringing and school does about it, no?

Depends. The public backlash could make them rethink, even if their lovely school doesn’t.

But now I’m remembering all the other horror stories of Cov Catholic and it’s seeming less likely.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Palemdromes posted:

Yeah so does everyone, but until then they should be shunned and have their lives made worse.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Terrible Opinions posted:

Yeah so does everyone, but until then they should be shunned and have their lives made worse.

Does it change anything at all to know that Nathan Phillips doesn’t want that, and forgives the kids?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

That's his right but the only way to get nazis to no longer exist without killing them all is to make being a nazi as unpleasant as possible, and yes every single person who supports Trump is a nazi.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Palemdromes posted:

Does it change anything at all to know that Nathan Phillips doesn’t want that, and forgives the kids?

All forgiveness in race motivated events like this where there is a clear difference in power, status, and public deference is pyrrhic. Nathan doesn't really have a choice. Moreover, no one knows if the kids learned their lesson, because all it seems right now is that they're smearing Nathan as a liar with their spamming of "context" videos.

In a word, not really, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Palemdromes posted:

nathan phillips forgiving those kids will not fix the systems of white supremacy currently entrenched in the US