Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MikeJF posted:

This makes me wonder if something's gone down specifically in the past six months to prompt this.

Clearly, living in a post-apocalyptic vine hellscape patrolled by enforcement bots and paranoid border guards has had no effect on these teens' psyches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Dias posted:

It's just a weird protective flex anyway.

It's not that weird, the situation with Second Annie showing up out of the blue is pretty weird but Paz being protective isn't weird at all.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mimesweeper posted:

It's not that weird, the situation with Second Annie showing up out of the blue is pretty weird but Paz being protective isn't weird at all.

Being protective isn't weird, the threatening part is, it's weird IRL, the whole "don't hurt her or you'll be sorry" moments are always weird posturing.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

Dias posted:

Being protective isn't weird, the threatening part is, it's weird IRL, the whole "don't hurt her or you'll be sorry" moments are always weird posturing.

It's not nearly as cringe as a guy who also likes one's partner doing it.

I do wonder if this wasn't prompted by Court Annie's behaviour.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Hodgepodge posted:

It's not nearly as cringe as a guy who also likes one's partner doing it.

I do wonder if this wasn't prompted by Court Annie's behaviour.

Knowing Kat, it's probably just her working herself insane trying to science out why the gently caress there's two Annies around and how can both of them be real, and it taking its toll on Paz.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

Dias posted:

Knowing Kat, it's probably just her working herself insane trying to science out why the gently caress there's two Annies around and how can both of them be real, and it taking its toll on Paz.

Off-topic, but your gang tag makes me wonder if you ever played Vagrant Story, the game where the male player character spends the entire game in assless chaps.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Hodgepodge posted:

Off-topic, but your gang tag makes me wonder if you ever played Vagrant Story, the game where the male player character spends the entire game in assless chaps.

I'm familiar, it's one of those games I never got to play back in the day and nowadays it looks like it'd be too much of a hassle to do so. I'm a big fan of FFT tho and Ramza also got some assless chaps in that game.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Ramza got butt pants.

It's occurred to me that Kat will probably get the Annies to try using those controllers she made for her computer, the ones she swapped ownership of Rey with.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

Dias posted:

I'm familiar, it's one of those games I never got to play back in the day and nowadays it looks like it'd be too much of a hassle to do so. I'm a big fan of FFT tho and Ramza also got some assless chaps in that game.

Same designer and artist. VS has some proto-Dark Souls elements as well, bit it's very dated now.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I never finished Vagrant Story but I loved what I played of it because every time you beat a boss it would shift to the pair of villains losing their poo poo because they have no idea who the gently caress could even accomplish such thing and how they're getting out of this mess

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

VS has a wonderful atmosphere and story (the last island refuge of magic in a world that used to be full of it (FFTactics and FF12), all but forgotten) but dang it is clunky as heck to try and play. A whole bunch of politics and shaky alliances and double-crosses and spies and people finding out what they actually signed up for.

It's one of those games I got to duck the tedium for because my friend had it in college so when we hung out I'd find out what plot I missed while skipping the grinding.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I looked it up and I'm very disappointed it's doesn't star a bare-assed leatherdaddy hobo.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

Splicer posted:

I looked it up and I'm very disappointed it's doesn't star a bare-assed leatherdaddy hobo.

He only becomes a hobo at the end.

It might be the only game ever where the main character starts as a cop and ends up a (unkillable superhuman) hobo and this is treated as a good thing.

It's a shame there will never be a sequel (although thematically every Souls game basically is).

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jan 20, 2019

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'm a little disappointed in the faces for this chapter. I had to look at the comments to understand what the hell Paz was doing with her eyes. Normally Tom is much better with simplistic facial expressions conveying a whole range of emotions.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Maybe the Annies can bond over how weird Paz is being.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Paz freaking out at Forest Annie is going to cause her to act especially standoffish and awkward, which will convince the friend group that she's the real Annie and the short-haired one is fake.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Paz is Loup

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
wtf are you going to do, Paz

you're not about that life

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Darth TNT posted:

I'm a little disappointed in the faces for this chapter. I had to look at the comments to understand what the hell Paz was doing with her eyes. Normally Tom is much better with simplistic facial expressions conveying a whole range of emotions.
I'm only really seeing it in this page where I had to concentrate to realise Paz's face was not a "What the hell am I even looking at?" face and be able to read the last two panels properly.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ironic Twist posted:

And what are you gonna do with the body Paz it ain't like you can just make her into a hat

fe:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Ironic Twist posted:

Paz went/started going yandere somewhere in the past six months.

Beepity Boop fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 21, 2019

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Hodgepodge posted:

He only becomes a hobo at the end.

It might be the only game ever where the main character starts as a cop and ends up a (unkillable superhuman) hobo and this is treated as a good thing.

It's a shame there will never be a sequel (although thematically every Souls game basically is).

Yeah, I didn't really "get" the story of the game when I first played through it, but I came back to it years later in college and holy poo poo did I love the story and atmosphere then. Really, the game could easily be remade using an active battle system like Dark Souls and it would be loving amazing (I always felt it would have worked better this way anyways). Not to mention the soundtrack is also top-notch and has my favorite video game credits theme.

Aside from VS chat, though, it looks like somebody also invited her to the party <:mad:>

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
So, who is the title's her?
  • Spare Annie seems like the obvious choice, but probably too obvious.
  • Kat is a tempting choice, since that's basically what Paz made it all about.
  • Paz being, of course, the other possibility, since she's the one that seems to have a problem with Viewpoint Annie.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Brinnie, she got back during the time skip.

She was actually in the last chapter the entire time, just off-panel.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

So, who is the title's her?
  • Spare Annie seems like the obvious choice, but probably too obvious.
  • Kat is a tempting choice, since that's basically what Paz made it all about.
  • Paz being, of course, the other possibility, since she's the one that seems to have a problem with Viewpoint Annie.

I figured the "her" was both annies
Annie 1 has to deal with Annie 2
Annie 2 has to deal with Annie 1
Every character has to deal wih there now being a second Annie, in general, and that will probably vary character to character on if there's a problem with either annie in particular.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

My guess is in the time skip Paz has encountered and been freaked out by mecha-Kat, who is coming ever closer to apotheosis, and is a bit freaked out by it.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Smitty would absolutely have made that outcome work.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
"You know, that wouldn't have been so bad." (Smitty, probably.)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Too lewd to show

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Smitty I get... buy Rey?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Twice as many pets

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Coxswain Balls posted:

Smitty I get... buy Rey?

Rey has been established finding Parley attractive for quite a long time now.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I dunno Rey, having two Parleys could have its advantages...

(full original)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Mikl posted:

"You know, that wouldn't have been so bad." (Smitty, probably.)

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Coxswain Balls posted:

Smitty I get... buy Rey?

He's had a few moments before where that makes sense.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Rey has been established as a bit of a lech.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Yeah, like Loup's been established as a bit of a jerk.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Parley is huge

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

BrightWing posted:

Parley is huge

dragonslayer training regiment plus your boyfriend magically optimizes your gains

Xand_Man posted:

Rey has been established as a bit of a lech.

mostly when he uses the original stuffy body, which is rare these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Surma baited Rey for the Court, as far as we know he always had a thing for humans.