Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost

Major Isoor posted:

No one else exists yet! :v: I'd love to see the independence faction sizes popping up in your empire; must be three quarters of the known world, at least!

That's it. I control the entire map, and 4 people have a problem with it.

Edit:

I spent 2k gold on a new crown to throw away. What the hell kind of insurance policy did I have.

Soho Joe fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

you should switch to gavelkind succession, then have two dozen kids
then for the finishing touch, destroy the empire-level title.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Soho Joe posted:

I like the one guy who's apparently cool with the Emperor's heir inheriting the whole known world, but one man inheriting all of Brittany, that needs to be stopped!

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Hey so I know there's been a bug with legendary gatherings not working after you do them once, but I'm running into a different issue where I filled up the bar to 100% for the very first gathering, and it hasn't started for like a decade now. I'm the leader of my lodge and I don't have any actions to start it or anything, and I'm on ironman so I can't just fire it via the console or anything. Am I screwed? My character's mom started the action to fill the bar, but it didn't reach 100% until this lady inherited and was already of the rank to qualify for it. I wonder if that screwed it up somehow.

If so is there a way to make my ironman save not ironman? I'd prefer to not have to do that, but if I have to choose between achievements or continuing this awesome campaign, I know what I'll pick.

I really need to get this lady out on her murder-vacation!

Edit: Ok, I found a reddit post on making the save no longer ironman. If no one knows of any way to fix this without doing that, would someone be able to tell me the event ID I'd need to start this thing up with the console?

Coeurl Marx fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jan 17, 2019

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The Abbasids are mean.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Also do pagan great holy wars operate under the new crusade system?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

FreudianSlippers posted:

Also do pagan great holy wars operate under the new crusade system?

No, only Catholics do.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thought I'd be cute and have the Mongols come at a random time. It's 933 and they're coming, and there isn't much to slow them down. :ohdear:
(I'm Wallachia, right above the Byzantines)

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Peachy Poo posted:

Edit: Ok, I found a reddit post on making the save no longer ironman. If no one knows of any way to fix this without doing that, would someone be able to tell me the event ID I'd need to start this thing up with the console?
There was a hotfix patch today:

quote:

- Fixed Legendary Journey not getting any progress the second time you start it.
Maybe it will fix your problem before you'll mess with your save.

Randaconda posted:

Thought I'd be cute and have the Mongols come at a random time. It's 933 and they're coming, and there isn't much to slow them down. :ohdear:
(I'm Wallachia, right above the Byzantines)

It's year 875 in my game, China is expansionist, it already controls Tibet and some Central Asia while Abbasids are its tributaries, I wonder what will happen in next hundred years :shrug:

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dwesa posted:

It didn't, unfortunately. If anyone else runs into the same problem, I managed to fix it by editing the save and changing the legend progress bar down to 98%, doing a mission, and then it finally fired.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Why are my commanders constantly being reassigned? Seems like I need to check my armies after every single battle to make sure one of them didn't up and decide he's done soldiering. I'm aware of all the various things that might cause someone to stop commanding, but none of them appear to be the case here since the same commanders who deserted are available in the commander pool when I go to fill the now-empty spots

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Communist Walrus posted:

Why are my commanders constantly being reassigned? Seems like I need to check my armies after every single battle to make sure one of them didn't up and decide he's done soldiering. I'm aware of all the various things that might cause someone to stop commanding, but none of them appear to be the case here since the same commanders who deserted are available in the commander pool when I go to fill the now-empty spots

Were they landed vassals? I think landed vassals will sometimes either reassign themselves to their own armies, especially if they're at war/raiding.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Technowolf posted:

Were they landed vassals? I think landed vassals will sometimes either reassign themselves to their own armies, especially if they're at war/raiding.

In this case I'm playing as the Byzantines, so yeah, they're all landed vassals of various types. If what you described is what's happening, there should really be an option for the player to lock in commanders and prevent this from happening (since the Byzantines can't use anyone except landed vassals as commanders) or at least an option to have the game auto-assign your commanders with the highest martial to lead your armies.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Also can we have councillor commanders who can be assigned to an army without taking them off their assigned councillor action, and then have them automatically go back to their job when they leave the army?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Communist Walrus posted:

In this case I'm playing as the Byzantines, so yeah, they're all landed vassals of various types. If what you described is what's happening, there should really be an option for the player to lock in commanders and prevent this from happening (since the Byzantines can't use anyone except landed vassals as commanders) or at least an option to have the game auto-assign your commanders with the highest martial to lead your armies.

You could just use baron-level vassals, then. They (typically) don't have any raised armies so they'd always be available.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Soho Joe posted:

This is mine with me having a different religion than all of my vassals, so yours looks like it could hold up over the long term. I've pretty much given up on this save though because there's like a 5 second lag every 3 in game days.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Technowolf posted:

You could just use baron-level vassals, then. They (typically) don't have any raised armies so they'd always be available.

That's certainly a workaround, but a crummy one.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Not a Word document, minus 10 points.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

What do you need to do to get cultural retinues? I just converted to Outremer culture but my cultural retinue options haven't appeared.

Also in this game the king of Jerusalem and defender of Christendom is legit the son of Satan and is pushing 60. He got the mission to impregnate a woman with the spawn of Satan, so the son of Satan is the father of the other son of Satan. When Satan 2 came of age, he automatically became head of the Satanist society and booted my character out of the top spot.

Since he was a random landless bastard I didn't want him murdering through my court so I packed him off to the Teutonic Knights. They promptly discovered he was a warlock and burnt him at the stake, promptly returning me to the head position. I wish I can say I planned that.

For bonus points the Original Son of Satan is the legitimised bastard of the attractive lustful Queen of Jerusalem, my last Char, who seduced the entirety of her court and half her vassals. His father is literally titled the Apostle, and one of his other sons (the only legitimate one - the Apostle had four children by three mothers) was one of my most troublesome vassals.

This game really writes its own narrative sometimes.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
You loving bet it was spectacular

148 year old one eyed one armed syphilitic eunuch religious leader fights polar bear.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Dwesa posted:

It's year 875 in my game, China is expansionist, it already controls Tibet and some Central Asia while Abbasids are its tributaries, I wonder what will happen in next hundred years :shrug:

In my current game they control Tibet and like half of India and some Persia, besides having most nomad khans as tributaries. Its really unstoppable. But the Abbasid blob is also bigger than ever, so they been fighting each other for a while (China always wins)

Im playing zoroastrian, managed to form the kingdom on Transoxania, so I was exactly between these 2 huge blobs, and eventually Ive ran out of places to conquer around: except for some worthless nomad land to the north, everything was either Western Protectorate or Arabian Empire

So I swear to the Western Proctorate cause it allows me to fight Khorastan, which holds a bunch of zoroastrian holy sites. Its working so far, but I have no idea how am I going to break free later, the protectorate seems really unbeatable

edit: at least the chinese governor doenst seems to care about my religion much

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Elias_Maluco posted:

So I swear to the Western Proctorate cause it allows me to fight Khorastan, which holds a bunch of zoroastrian holy sites. Its working so far, but I have no idea how am I going to break free later, the protectorate seems really unbeatable
Probably just wait for civil war in China, you might break free without opposition.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Dwesa posted:

Probably just wait for civil war in China, you might break free without opposition.

Is that an event thing? This is only my second game after Jade Dragon

Also, I dont know why but in 110 years I didint manage to convert a single province to zoroastrian. MA is low, around 25%, but still I the game always says I have a chance to convert, usually ~15%, but it never happens. Never, not once, in 110 years, during which of course lots of different guys tried it in lots of different provinces, for years and years

Could be just bad luck but it sure seems weird

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Elias_Maluco posted:

Also, I dont know why but in 110 years I didint manage to convert a single province to zoroastrian. MA is low, around 25%, but still I the game always says I have a chance to convert, usually ~15%, but it never happens. Never, not once, in 110 years, during which of course lots of different guys tried it in lots of different provinces, for years and years

Could be just bad luck but it sure seems weird

Base chance of conversion through a Court Chaplain is around 80 years having a MA at 25% doubles the base chance so that is 160 years so that's about right.

Getting the MA to over 40% will bring that back down to 80 years alone.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Elias_Maluco posted:

It's one of the statuses in which China might be.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

One of my commanders is quite the zoom zoom guy.

mythomanic
Aug 19, 2009
I have over 3,000 hours in this game and I just played my first campaign to completion. I always bounce off of a campaign after like 2-300 years, but this time I was just into it the whole way through. Started as Croatia in 1066, usurped the Byzantines from within and restored the Hellenic religion. Ended up getting finally kicking out the last of the Holy Orders in 1440 to get the SPQR achievement.

Now it's time to do the same starting from 867 and 769! Has anyone had any luck with the White Hun achievement? That starting position seems just brutal.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Tormented posted:

Base chance of conversion through a Court Chaplain is around 80 years having a MA at 25% doubles the base chance so that is 160 years so that's about right.

It's genuinely hilarious that societies are the only guaranteed way to convert religion in CK2

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Deceitful Penguin posted:

It's genuinely hilarious that societies are the only guaranteed way to convert religion in CK2

But sometimes conversions have such high probabilities to be nearly guaranteed. If you play a non-pagan, non-eastern religion, all your vassals will employ their court chaplain to convert their provinces, and you won't suffer any penalties to conversion. If your religion has reasonably high MA, (60%+), then it's usually not difficult to convert provinces. Some may hold out due to unlucky dice rolls, but that's only natural imho.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Tormented posted:

yeah, I was looking at the wrong number. Its usually aroung 15% to convert a subject, only around 1% to convert the county. Im not used playing with such low MA and right now there aint much I can do to raise it

I started this game to see hows the new religious stuff in zoroastrian, but it looks like it Ill take a while

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Deceitful Penguin posted:

wait, how does that works? I havent messed with societies much, besides lucifer's own when I want to go evil

edit: sorry, supposed to edit, not double post

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Elias_Maluco posted:

wait, how does that works? I havent messed with societies much, besides lucifer's own when I want to go evil

If you reach the highest rank in a monastic society, you can spend 1000 monastic society currency to instantly convert any province you control to your society's religion.

Which means only non-heretic (Catholic/Orthodox/Miaphysite/Nestorian) Christians, and followers of the Indian religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism), get a guaranteed way to convert a province. Reformed Hellenic also has a monastic society, but it's power is to instantly convert a province to your culture, not religion.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Elias_Maluco posted:

Once you hit the highest rank in some monastic societies you gain the ability to right click on a county and instantly convert it. It also adds +10% revolt risk for the next year, but that's nbd

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Oh, so nothing to zoroastrians

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

lol if u don’t play with the harder conversion game setting

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
The Catalan Empire grows

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Whelp, things are looking grim for Poland. And the Byzantine Empire, of course.

Are the Fatimids still Shiites?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Torrannor posted:

Whelp, things are looking grim for Poland. And the Byzantine Empire, of course.

Are the Fatimids still Shiites?

That is a reborn Byzantine state from nomads settling, not the real thing.

My mother is the Queen of Jerusalem, so I will inherit that.

The Queen of Granada owns Ascalon and since conquered the Sinai.

I have conquered the Canaries and Cyrenaica.

Yes, the Fatamids are still Shites.

Anatolia is Catholic. An ancestor of mine won a crusade against the Seljuks to liberate it a hundred years ago, maybe more. Currently ruled by the Rurikids.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
I got the Murderer bloodline that lets me personally pursue murder plots. Am I wrong or is this pretty useless? The only way I'd get over 100% plot score on my own would be if I were a spymaster (not applicable as I'm the highest liege), or trying to murder my ward/wife.

Am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Disillusionist posted:

I got the Murderer bloodline that lets me personally pursue murder plots. Am I wrong or is this pretty useless? The only way I'd get over 100% plot score on my own would be if I were a spymaster (not applicable as I'm the highest liege), or trying to murder my ward/wife.

Am I missing something?

It's a second chance to get the plot event to fire. Entirely separate mtth and everything. It doesn't quite double the speed at which plots fire, but it does make it faster.