Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Heavy_D posted:

This is from Limmy's Show, award-winning comedy so great they only broadcast it in Scotland. See also Adventure Call:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x36cexa

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

my closest british internet friend is both a massively pro-brexit tory shill and unemployed with serious health issues so I am equal parts extremely concerned about his wellbeing and laughing at what a colossal dumbass he is.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

hailthefish posted:

my closest british internet friend is both a massively pro-brexit tory shill and unemployed with serious health issues so I am equal parts extremely concerned about his wellbeing and laughing at what a colossal dumbass he is.

He's a lost cause. Laugh away.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/donnyc1975/status/1087309764554575872

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
rue britannia

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Nebakenezzer posted:

Neville Chamberlin?

Chamberlain had the good sense to actually declare war on Germany

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Im sick of seeing people on Facebook say no deal is fine because the EU will come back with a better deal immediately

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jose posted:

Im sick of seeing people on Facebook say no deal is fine because the EU will come back with a better deal immediately

"no deal hurts them as badly as us. moreso even cause of all our innovative marmalades"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

my favorite part of this is that there appears to be no planning at all for no deal and it’s aftermath.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

euphronius posted:

my favorite part of this is that there appears to be no planning at all for no deal and it’s aftermath.

There's tons of it, both the civil servants I know are on it full time. It just needed to start three years ago to have a chance.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jose posted:

I still haven’t seen anyone say why the EU has to come back with a better deal.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
what are you talking about

Hentai Jihadist posted:

"our innovative marmalades"

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Truga posted:

what are you talking about

Marmalade means something very different in the UK to the rest of the continent but we managed to wangle it that the British definition is the official one for the whole EU

This is a source of consternation in Austria or something

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

When Brexit happens, America will give you the greatest of deals. Believe me.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

MikeCrotch posted:

Marmalade means something very different in the UK to the rest of the continent but we managed to wangle it that the British definition is the official one for the whole EU

This is a source of consternation in Austria or something

So the British Sausage Yes Minister episode was accurate, it just had the wrong foodstuff? I did not know that

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i meant that as a reply to hobbes, sorry

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

tarbrush posted:

So the British Sausage Yes Minister episode was accurate, it just had the wrong foodstuff? I did not know that

that was a thing I thought, bangers had low meat content due to historic meat shortages and being British they kept the terrible food around

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

So if I got this right, May's newest idea is to negotiate a separate deal with Ireland even though Dublin has repeatedly made it clear that this is not something that is going to happen, ever? :psyduck:

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

tarbrush posted:

There's tons of it, both the civil servants I know are on it full time. It just needed to start three years ago to have a chance.

They might be on it, but 'plan' is a little strong as few ministers are willing to tell their departments wtf is up so they're mostly improvising their own No Deal plans without ministerial input

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

System Metternich posted:

So if I got this right, May's newest idea is to negotiate a separate deal with Ireland even though Dublin has repeatedly made it clear that this is not something that is going to happen, ever? :psyduck:

It's like Merkel having to explain to Trmup that he can't make any deals with Germany he has to go through the EU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
They told them don't you ever come around here
Don't want to see your face, you better disappear
The fire's in May's eyes and her words are really clear
So brexit, just brexit

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/RebetikoWalrus/status/1087085296045436928?s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh noooo

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Having a referendum where No Deal is an actual option is even more stupid than the original one. Stop putting things on referendums you aren’t willing to do.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Fans posted:

Having a referendum where No Deal is an actual option is even more stupid than the original one. Stop putting things on referendums you aren’t willing to do.

Nah it's cool because no deal means remain now.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
How will Theresa May top today's Shenanigans?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

alphabettitouretti posted:

Nah it's cool because no deal means remain now.

Now there's a referendum

option 1: Cancel article 50
option 2: "No deal brexit (small print explanation of option: exit from the brexit option by canceling article 50)"

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Am I stupid for thinking each option should have a short explanation? Like No Deal: The UK leaves Europe entirely. Trade and travel deals end'

Although I guess there'd be even more fighting over that then the already contentious issue of the framing of the question itself

In any case I don't see a referendum happening

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

How will Theresa May top today's Shenanigans?

She's going to get a drunken prince philip to drive her to the white cliffs of dover where she'll flip off france, then curl one out on a copy of the gfa while calling merkel in a comedy german accent to ask for a free trade deal with the power to sentence EU citizens to a lifetime of hard labour producing marmalade for the crime of being foreign.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

"nobody knows"

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lin-a2lTelg

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jan/21/plan-to-simplify-uk-1100-pages-immigration-rules-law-commission

quote:

Plan to simplify UK's 1,100 pages of immigration rules

One page, size 96 font: "gently caress OFF"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/ReasonCommon/status/1086279144810328064?s=19

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

gently caress yea

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

i dont think centrists realise that corbyn is the moderate option and what we're really wondering is if the labour party can be a vehicle for revolution and if not then we're gonna have to do it the old fashioned way

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

When people bitch about corbyn being stalin I always say that he's not nearly left wing enough for me, and that he's actually really moderate.

Basically saying "gently caress u, I'm a communist, I know what communism is, and this ain't it". It does tend to give people pause for a second. Though I doubt it ever changes their minds

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Barry Foster posted:

When people bitch about corbyn being stalin I always say that he's not nearly left wing enough for me, and that he's actually really moderate.

Basically saying "gently caress u, I'm a communist, I know what communism is, and this ain't it". It does tend to give people pause for a second. Though I doubt it ever changes their minds

ran into a cousin who works for the beeb at my uncles funeral a few months back, this was my response when she asked if I was a corbynite

she's a political correspondent who did not know vote leave had even been charged over anything relating to the ref, not long after the guilty verdict. She was promoted straight there, from the weather, during the Cameron purges

can't imagine why the fourth estate is failing at it's job of explaining basic terms to people within a two year timeframe

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/HKesvani/status/1087080112632332290?s=19

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Prince Philip is a nazi???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Spangly A posted:

ran into a cousin who works for the beeb at my uncles funeral a few months back, this was my response when she asked if I was a corbynite

she's a political correspondent who did not know vote leave had even been charged over anything relating to the ref, not long after the guilty verdict. She was promoted straight there, from the weather, during the Cameron purges

can't imagine why the fourth estate is failing at it's job of explaining basic terms to people within a two year timeframe

I tend to severely downplay my knowledge, intelligence and experience both to myself and others, because I'm so deathly afraid of becoming another dunning kruger casualty.

But I'm finally coming round to the fact that I may, in fact, know and understand more about politics than 90% of journalists and politicians.

And if I can say that then we're really in deep poo poo