Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

edit: i only noticed the gloves on the second glance, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Avirosb posted:

Never got why these school shooters don't activate the fire alarm and wait for everyone to come out before firing off.
Just seems like poor planning on their part.

Same, but also setting off explosives where they end up congregating.

Also cell phone jammers (I think they're illegal in the u.s. now though)

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Avirosb posted:

Never got why these school shooters don't activate the fire alarm and wait for everyone to come out before firing off.

The Columbine shooters plan was to drive everyone out of the building and then blow them up with explosives in the parking lot, iirc

Luckily they were better at making Doom .wads than making bombs

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

TMMadman posted:

This loving country is stupid. Possibly 20 years for this, but the loving rear end in a top hat cop that shot a black man in the back got like 7 years instead of the 20 years he should have gotten.

*he'll only serve a little over 3, and arguably he should have been hit with 96 years at a minimum

https://capitolfax.com/2019/01/18/how-jason-van-dykes-projected-96-year-sentence-wound-up-being-81-months/

The prosecutors could appeal the sentence but I don't expect them to

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

nod 2 jury nullification

s e s h

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

https://www.nj.com/expo/news/g66l-2019/01/e6c95e0ab86414/a-cop-gave-me-a-gun-and-let-me-decide-when-to-shoot-heres-what-happened.html

I like when cops pull this dumb stunt because it proves all their training and experience is useless and they'll probably perform as well as someone who never held a gun before in this scenario

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

The Columbine shooters plan was to drive everyone out of the building and then blow them up with explosives in the parking lot, iirc

Luckily they were better at making Doom .wads than making bombs

close - they wanted to blow up the cafeteria, drop the library down on top of it, and shoot at people as they ran out

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Avirosb posted:

right after columbine, a crazy kid in my class I was chummy with proposed doing just that and warned us not to go outside if there was a fire alarm. he didnt ever do it, but hes in prison now. thanks for reminding me i hung around a dangerous crazy person for a few years

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

TMMadman posted:

I still really love the fact that the best we could come up with to try and deal with active shooters in schools is to decide that we need to arm underpaid and overworked teachers.
Teachers will be able to shoot and kill unarmed students the way cops shoot minorities

Jimmy was no angel, and being an honor student was a cover for his weed ring

*fox news display image of Jimmy being named class clown*

Sean hannity voice] These animals dont belong in our education system or our society!

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

good policy:

1. Cory
2. warren
3. gillibrand
4. Harris
5. Biden
6. tulsi

likely to win:
1. Biden
2. Harris
3. tulsi
4. warren
5. Cory
6. gillibrand

(I feel pretty confident about this right now but I may change it if I ever get more than half an hour sleep)

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Waffle House posted:

Remind me never to be tempted by a law career, it seems like a fast track into avarice and heavy alcoholism

if you think people in cspam are self hating alcoholics you should read the law thread in bfc

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Inspector Hound posted:

Yeah what the *gently caress* was that, like even accounting for "hurr nice polite republicans" that was loving nuts

Media is gonna both-sides this with flagrantly misleading reporting until blame for Trump/GOP drops, forcing Dems to "compromise" and accept Trump's offer to temporarily stop hurting people he chose to hurt in exchange for his dumbass boondoggle monument to white supremacy

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1087371580542541824?s=19

Are troops

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

haljordan posted:

If you're on one of these juries and you don't vote not guilty you are an enormous shithead

excuse me that’s ot how juries work

they must be impartial; be able to digest all the evidence for and against, thank you

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Billzasilver posted:

good policy:

1. Cory
2. warren
3. gillibrand
4. Harris
5. Biden
6. tulsi

likely to win:
1. Biden
2. Harris
3. tulsi
4. warren
5. Cory
6. gillibrand

(I feel pretty confident about this right now but I may change it if I ever get more than half an hour sleep)

:chloe:

e: oh wait that's ranking the 6 who have already announced not the whole possible field, little less chloe to that, my mistake!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

punchymcpunch posted:

never forget that britain has been the og america for longer than america has even existed

who?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Bernie

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

DiscountDildos posted:

My 7th grade science teacher who once threw his chair across the room because we wouldn't shut up and whose rant about how "speed limits are just for idiots who can't handle driving over 100" is the only lecture I retained from his class definitely should've had a gun

That would've been hilarious lmao

The one lecture I remember from my High School US History teacher was the one where he pointed out all the numbers and symbols on the dollar bill and what they meant. After that, he fell off a ladder at home and we had a substitute for the rest of the year who literally showed us videos every single day.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

uh get the gently caress out and file a restraining order immediately, also get a lawyer to send out official legal requests that anyone who has the video retain it as evidence

what a loving psycho

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

UFOTacoMan posted:

Yeah, this happened for a me a little bit ago. I used to try to participate in good faith discussions about gun control but it's really no use.

I think it's maybe more effective and somewhat more satisfying to say "ban all guns...if you want to keep you guns change my mind". :smug:

the left should stop debating any of this garbage with right wingers.

they don't have any real arguments, it's all bad-faith bullshit and appeals to "common sense". don't hobble yourself by making it an academic thing. "oh, i guess i just care more about people's lives than a pathetic little hobby of yours."

who gives a poo poo, chuds are morons and you'll never convince them of anything because their brains aren't developed enough allow them to question what they were told when they were 10 (which is when their moral/intellectual capacities stopped growing).

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I actually don’t know who gillbrand is but she has a funny name lol

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Monkey Fracas posted:

like at what point do you just quit because you can't not make money for like a month, two months, three months, however long this poo poo lasts

We'll probably see a spike in people quitting next week when they miss their second paycheck on the 25th, but I think the third missed one on the 8th will be what breaks the camel's back for most workers.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1087360814644899841

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

It’s Biden’s turn

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Whoa, story problems gettin real these days

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Inspector Hound posted:

Yeah what the *gently caress* was that, like even accounting for "hurr nice polite republicans" that was loving nuts

npr is owned by the koch brothers

ALLEGEDLY

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1087358937647771648

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

This is the day Megan Amram becam president

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Billzasilver posted:

good policy:

(n/a)

likely to win:

(n/a)

ftfy

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

:ftbrg:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/nocontext_fox/status/1087373392439848960

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

power word- Jeb! posted:

if you think people in cspam are self hating alcoholics you should read the law thread in bfc

May have to, it sounds somehow more existentially distraught than cspam

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

lol

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

:hmmyes:

So when is this gigantic powder keg going to explode into world war III?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

oh yeah what I meant to say was

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

punchymcpunch posted:

npr is owned by the koch brothers

ALLEGEDLY

NPR's news coverage has been nakedly right-wing since the shutdown started. it's loving bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Now do the same but for Palestinians