Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

JaggerMcDagger posted:

I want to start contributing to the thread again.

Which type of graphic biography would you guys be most interested in, one on Snowden, Bernie, or Trump? All are authored by a completely non-biased radical leftist who knows what's best for the country.

I feel like we gotta start with Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc
Gaybie nomination: Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon

Not only did he botch the cliche of Lucy pulling the football from Charlie Brown, the cliche itself doesn't even make sense in this context. Why is the overseas troop visit the football? He could've just done Pelosi pulling the football of 'IMMIGRATION DEAL' from Charlie Brown Trump if he wanted to do the right-wing brain worms version of the cliche.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

political cartooning is my passion

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

AGC.

They're here fighting a war in a pointless quagmire that has been ongoing for about two decades and where the side they back has been steadily losing ground for a long while now, and their government decided that they're not important enough for a visit.

Yeah, I'd desert, too.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

This last one is quite funny.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Is Sam backing away from the table because he thinks they’re both crazy? Or is he sneaking by them so he can steal everything not nailed down and then set the building on fire?

A Delonas CYOA.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Theresa May's control over the Brexit process – Downing Street has said it is ‘extremely concerning’ that MPs could attempt to override the government to suspend or delay the article 50 process to leave the EU in their effort to prevent a no-deal Brexit"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Yesterday's Independent on Sunday:

Independent:

Brexit news - live: Theresa May mocked over 'Groundhog Day' as she unveils plan B almost identical to original plan

Times:

Evening Standard:

Blue Monday reconsidered: why we should celebrate this annual day of sadness

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Varvel is an embarrassment to my state and needs to go away faster. :fuckoff:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Yes, "A Christian School," this is the beginning and end of the distaste people have for it. That it's a "Christian" school.

Not something like item 6 from their admissions guidelines.

Immanuel Christian School's Admission Guidelines posted:

I understand the biblical role of Immanuel Christian School is to partner with families to encourage students
to be imitators of Christ. This necessarily involves the school’s understanding and belief regarding biblical
morality and standards of conduct. I understand that the school reserves the right, within its sole discretion,
to refuse admission to an applicant or to discontinue enrollment of a student if the atmosphere or conduct
within a particular home, the activities of a parent or guardian, or the activities of the student are counter to,
or are in opposition to, the biblical lifestyle the school teaches. This includes, but is not limited to
contumacious behavior, divisive conduct, and participating in, supporting, or condoning sexual immorality,
homosexual activity or bi-sexual activity, promoting such practices, or being unable to support the moral
principles of the school. (Lev. 20:13 and Romans 1:27.) I acknowledge the importance of a family culture
based on biblical principles and embrace biblical family values such as a healthy marriage between one man
and one woman. My role as spiritual mentor to my children will be taken seriously.

That if a student indicates at all that they think LGBT people are fine just the way they are they're kicked out right then and there. That has nothing to do with it.

No, those scary mean LGBT lions are going to maul you for being Christians, and no other reasons. They're just stupid meanies.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

There's a video of teenagers struggling to operate a rotary phone. Mike Lester believes they would be similarly bewildered if challenged to practice the art of masculinity as perfected by noted wife-beater Mike Lester.

Couple of days ago, sorry, but in the video the kids figure it out pretty quickly, without having seen it done, and with only a couple of hints. Anyone making calls on a rotary phone had probably seen someone else do it or had the manual

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Pants Donkey posted:

She’s ranting about “Trans Activists” on Twitter, and stating that she’s proud to be associated with Linehan.

Oh god loving damnit.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

the_steve posted:

Reminds me of that comic that was supposed to be a "biography" of him from last year or the year before.

Panel 1: "Once upon a time, he had a dream."
Panel 2: "I have a dream that people should be judged by the content of their character, not the color of their skin! So stop playing the race card!"
Panel 3: "And he never said or did anything else ever again."

Raised By Birds posted:

That if a student indicates at all that they think LGBT people are fine just the way they are they're kicked out right then and there. That has nothing to do with it.

No, those scary mean LGBT lions are going to maul you for being Christians, and no other reasons. They're just stupid meanies.
So literally just the opposite of reality, then. "They hate us just for existing" but by the wrong side.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Wilcox:

Kelly O'Dwyer, minister for jobs & industrial relations, also minister for women, quits.

Rowe:

Higgins is O'Dwyer's seat. The idea has been floated to get Peter Costello, treasurer under Howard from 1996-2007, to get back into parliament in an attempt to save the Liberal party.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Australia Day is on January 26 so we're going to get even more of these.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Which type of graphic biography would you guys be most interested in, one on Snowden, Bernie, or Trump? All are authored by a completely non-biased radical leftist who knows what's best for the country.
Is this a hint Barry started to update again? Not that I can remember Barry's political stance, just sharp angles and butts

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Raised By Birds posted:

Yes, "A Christian School," this is the beginning and end of the distaste people have for it. That it's a "Christian" school.

Of loving course they refer to Leviticus.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I'm pretty sure the choice is between these:

edit: I'm not sure I have a preference as I'm curious about where Rall goes for all of these.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Gonna throw in a vote for Bernie, I want to see how he is insufficient for Ted Drool's genius.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Go gently caress yourself Gary, I am happy his loving hate isn't in the Indy Star anymore. White Christians and their loving persecution complex.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

bandaid.friend posted:

Couple of days ago, sorry, but in the video the kids figure it out pretty quickly, without having seen it done, and with only a couple of hints. Anyone making calls on a rotary phone had probably seen someone else do it or had the manual
Absolutely. The joke, to me, is a kind of 'realizing how old you are' thing: "Oh poo poo I'm old enough that this thing I'm familiar with is bewildering to these young kids who have never even seen it before because it's incredibly outdated even though it was once commonplace." Like those videos of kids trying to figure out tape players and stuff.

I never even thought until just now that some people probably do take those videos as "Look how stupid kids these days are" but drat that's probably exactly what they do, isn't it?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Yeah Nina Paley has been incredibly TERFy for several years at least by now. Probably one of the original Very Online And Very Transphobic Random Minor Celebrities, a real trailblazer

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

JaggerMcDagger posted:

It must have been back in the summer of 2016 that I tuned in to the middle of an interview on NPR about a new book on Trump. The author spent a lot of time talking about how much Hillary sucked, and then went on about how if you just ignore his racism Trump is the most left wing candidate we've ever had run for office. At the 15 minute break I laughed to hear that I was listenening to none other than Ted Rall himself promoting his new graphic novel.
So please, post the Trump book. I would dearly love to see what he has to say about our amazing leftist president.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
OK, these are all via the Digital Library of Gerogia. There are more than 20 so I won't post every single one. All by the same cartoonist, Clifford "Baldy" Baldowski, published in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. I don't remember seeing any of them before, so forgive me if anyone already made a Baldy Megapost sometime in the past decade and I missed it.

-Aug. 1, 1962

- Dec. 16, 1962

- Dec. 4, 1964 (jfc!)

- Apr. 4, 1965

- June 30, 1966

- July 11, 1966

- Apr. 8, 1967

- June 16, 1967

- Mar. 30, 1968

- Apr. 5, 1968

- Apr. 19, 1968

- Jan. 15, 1974

- Jan. 15, 1976

- Jan. 15, 1978 (Hubert Humphry on the left)

(e: had one out of order)

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 22, 2019

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

God, what a bitch.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon: Australian Election 2019

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
This rear end in a top hat didn't even wait for his corpse to get cold.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
"That MLK Jr. is a fool!"

*MLK Jr. assassinated*

"I always liked that MLK Jr. It's the rest of them that are troublemakers."

Saint Sputnik posted:

- Dec. 16, 1962

I don't really get what's going on in this one though.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/ouu1XaJ.mp4

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Those cartoons seemed generally respectful of Martin Luther King personally, while contrasting him with the general Civil Rights Movement, lambasting it as mob violence.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:
Leak, Son of Leak:

Australia Day is on January 26 so we're going to get even more of these.

What Wot's his name again deliberatly omits is ... Australia Day wasn't even celebrated 30ish years ago. Australia as a nation didn't loving exist until Jan 1 1901 and didn't do anything that created a national id until April 25 1915. And until the right wing dickheads imported toxic patriotism, the average Australians attitude to Jan 26 was who cares and most of the same westies were wiping their rear end on the flag because they didn't give a poo poo. It wasn't even a public holiday and really until the Bicentennial of the landing at what now is Circular Quay (1988) there wasn't any real big organised "celebration" at all.

I think Australia is literally the only country that has it National day noting Imperial colonisation. Every other country has it when they became either free of colonisation or when they were established. So thence, Australia Day should be Jan 1 (Federation) or March 3, which in 1986 Australia became a independent nation / Great Britain became a foreign power with a shared Head of State - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_Act_1986

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 22, 2019

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Johnny Walker posted:

Absolutely. The joke, to me, is a kind of 'realizing how old you are' thing: "Oh poo poo I'm old enough that this thing I'm familiar with is bewildering to these young kids who have never even seen it before because it's incredibly outdated even though it was once commonplace." Like those videos of kids trying to figure out tape players and stuff.

A couple of weeks ago at work I saw the swim team coach teaching the kids on the swim team how to read a pace clock, and at first I was like "Why is he wasting his time on this, like kids don't know how to read a clock" and then I realized oh yeah, it's a very real possibility that there are kids who have only seen digital clocks and would have no idea how to read an analog one.

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Those cartoons seemed generally respectful of Martin Luther King personally, while contrasting him with the general Civil Rights Movement, lambasting it as mob violence.

Most of them seem to be "MLK has good intentions but he's hanging out with the wrong crowd" but there's a couple that seem to be "Look at how stupid and terrible he is."

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

:confused:

Saint Sputnik posted:

- Apr. 4, 1965

- Dec. 16, 1962

- Dec. 4, 1964 (jfc!)

King's boycotts are monstrous and Just As Bad as white supremacist violence?

King is the real racist?

King is just like a slaveowner, if you think about it?

King is against the war because he doesn't really believe what he says about freedom being for everybody?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon: Australian Election 2019

Political Cartoons 2019: lord knows the nation needs a good laugh.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wow this is amazingly reserved. That kid was way way smugger and weasely looking in reality.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Trapezium Dave posted:

edit: I'm not sure I have a preference as I'm curious about where Rall goes for all of these.

I see that Zeke the Plumber finally got his biography.

Voting trump. I want to see what one insecure, egotistical moron thinks of another.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Trapezium Dave posted:

I'm interested in all of them, though what Trump has to say about Rall is probably the most interesting one (not that I expect any of them to have heard of him before the assignment).

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Raised By Birds posted:

I tried to apply to work at a Christian school once. That's not a problem for me, until I got to a very similar statement, and then I threw the application in the trash.

I dont know posted:

I see that Zeke the Plumber finally got his biography.

Voting trump. I want to see what one insecure, egotistical moron thinks of another.

:same:

Raised By Birds posted:

I don't really get what's going on in this one though.

Black people have big lips.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
When Mike Pence defended the school, he called the criticism an attack on Christian education. You just know that when these assholes talk about America being a Christian nation, they mean it in the exact same way.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

ponzicar posted:

When Mike Pence defended the school, he called the criticism an attack on Christian education. You just know that when these assholes talk about America being a Christian nation, they mean it in the exact same way.

Whenever anyone in the USA talks about keeping some organization "Christian," you can mentally substitute "white."

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Why is every news outlet doing a 180 on that early contender for Most Punchable Face 2019?

Did the right screech fake news and scare everyone into going “Actually, the Native is the one to blame.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

Why is every news outlet doing a 180 on that early contender for Most Punchable Face 2019?

Did the right screech fake news and scare everyone into going “Actually, the Native is the one to blame.”

Cause the kid's parents hired a PR firm for him and it turned out some dastardly black nationalists were being WORSE racists a bit before, so his doesn't count.