Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Big same. My code is 823-253-275 if y'all wanna add me.

Ally invite sent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

With Leia popping up in the guild store on the last refresh before the CLS expired I was able to 7* her and complete the event. Sometimes good things happen in this god forsaken game!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Holy crap the MILF event includes a B-Wing, an Y-Wing and Vaders capital ship Devastator. (Vaders ship has identical skills to GMT's ship)

Could we get these ships in the game please...

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jan 17, 2019

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bunk Rogers posted:

With Leia popping up in the guild store on the last refresh before the CLS expired I was able to 7* her and complete the event. Sometimes good things happen in this god forsaken game!

Gratz, bro

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
CLS is real good. Get him to g12 and at least the It Binds All Things zeta asap

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Restarting guys:
I set CLS for ls, EP for ds, and Rex for cantina. Lemme know if you wanna try anybody else. Wampa & Nest are pretty hilarious non-leader options

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Ineptitude posted:

Holy crap the MILF event includes a B-Wing, an Y-Wing and Vaders capital ship Devastator. (Vaders ship has identical skills to GMT's ship)

Could we get these ships in the game please...

I doubt we'll see them any time soon as A) Vader has a ship and his event ship is the Executrix with dispel instead of a counter buff, and B) the Y-Wing and B-Wing use the same character, Rebel Pilot, and that character isn't obtainable (yet).

I do expect the rebels to get some more ships for increased function with the MILF, though.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Big same. My code is 823-253-275 if y'all wanna add me.

Added, feel free to request characters.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

TheAnomaly posted:

I doubt we'll see them any time soon as A) Vader has a ship and his event ship is the Executrix with dispel instead of a counter buff, and B) the Y-Wing and B-Wing use the same character, Rebel Pilot, and that character isn't obtainable (yet).

I do expect the rebels to get some more ships for increased function with the MILF, though.

I hope but doubt we will get a generic A-, Y- and B-Wing.
The whole business model is to get people to fork out cash for meta-important heroes/ships and it would really taste weird if generic A/Y/B-wing was important for the meta.

I suppose you could argue that this isn't the case since they released Range Trooper with the Solo characters, but other than that all the other heroes added are named heroes.
They have painted themselves into a corner with this business model. Not that they care, this game exists to generate money not to pamper star wars fans.

I was never one to remember a lot of trivia so i don't know if any well known characters have piloted an A/Y/B-Wing for them to release a named ship/hero combo.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
No household names that I can think of. They've got Arvel Crynyd for A-Wing (he was the one who crashed into the Executor's bridge in Return of the Jedi) or Jake Farrell (Gold Four in the Battle of Endor), Evaan Verlaine for Y-Wing (she was the only Y-Wing to survive Gold Squadron in A New Hope) or Norra Wexley (Gold Nine in the Battle of Endor), and Keyan Farlander for B-Wing (he flew one during Return of the Jedi). Not heating up the charts, but they at least represent the remotest possibility of named characters for those ships.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ineptitude posted:

I hope but doubt we will get a generic A-, Y- and B-Wing.
The whole business model is to get people to fork out cash for meta-important heroes/ships and it would really taste weird if generic A/Y/B-wing was important for the meta.

If the generic TIE Fighter is allowed to be meta-definingly good for a year, we can have a good A-Wing and B-Wing

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I think it’s weird that the only Rebel ships are Wedge and Biggs and some U-Wings and Phoenix.

Also there’s way more first order ships than Empire, yet no First Order capital ship

1st AD fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jan 18, 2019

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Personally I'm just happy that there is a LS ship that's allowed to be good again

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

fishtobaskets posted:

Restarting guys:
I set CLS for ls, EP for ds, and Rex for cantina. Lemme know if you wanna try anybody else. Wampa & Nest are pretty hilarious non-leader options

I was just gonna say I appreciate whatever you set out as sufficient, but now that you mention it, I've never seen the Wampa in action...

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Well yeah but the TIE-fighter was added at ship-launch, when the well known character inflation wasn't so high and at a time where there were a lot more generic dudes in the meta.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ineptitude posted:

Well yeah but the TIE-fighter was added at ship-launch, when the well known character inflation wasn't so high and at a time where there were a lot more generic dudes in the meta.

They also added the TIE Reaper, buffed the poo poo out of the Geonosians, gave the hard counter to Bossk to a generic unit...

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

1st AD posted:

Also there’s way more first order ships than Empire, yet no First Order capital ship

HUX

HUX

HHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUXXXXXXXXX

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

I was never one to remember a lot of trivia so i don't know if any well known characters have piloted an A/Y/B-Wing for them to release a named ship/hero combo.

Not from the films. Tallie piloted a resistance A-wing in the last jedi, but that's about it.

Tyree and Dutch are at least named Y-wing pilots from A New Hope, but still bit-roles.

Then you've got Fulchrum Ahsoka, who flys an a-wing.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jan 18, 2019

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Defiance Industries posted:

Personally I'm just happy that there is a LS ship that's allowed to be good again

I am quite positive Falcon has been designed explicitly to boost Home One's numbers in fleet arena.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

I am quite positive Falcon has been designed explicitly to boost Home One's numbers in fleet arena.

Of most definitely. Most of what makes it good is only relevant under a rebel fleet commander. They had to do it, otherwise people would just fly it with Chimera.

They tried the same poo poo with the Geos but people figured out it was better with Tarkin anyway.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Defiance Industries posted:

They also added the TIE Reaper, buffed the poo poo out of the Geonosians, gave the hard counter to Bossk to a generic unit...

I mean, Fives is a clone, but calling him a generic unit still seems a bit harsh.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CaptainPsyko posted:

I mean, Fives is a clone, but calling him a generic unit still seems a bit harsh.

He means Sith Fighter, I think.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

He means Sith Fighter, I think.

He can mean that, but he’d be wrong!

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Didn't the ginger haired general guy in Rogue One fly a Y-Wing in the final battle?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What about the super cute A-wing pilot in TLJ that gets unceremoniously killed? Callie I think her name was.

Also, I really hope my guys are strong enough to at least complete enough of JTR to recruit her. That poo poo has been pissing me off for ages, it comes around so rarely I have no idea if i've worked on characters enough to be able to progress. I know i've put a ton of resources into old man han and chewie but I don't know if it will be enough.

But yea Hux seems like a no brainer for FO captial ship, along with Holdo being given the Raddus.

I wonder how long until we get Resistance stuff, I'd love Pyre and his red TIE in game.

Okay, I swear during the last TB we had, some people on the other side were cheating. I faced off against a clone team that had 60k power with my Empire/sith team that has 100k power and was utterly annihilated before I could do anything. One clone did something and every single other clone started a chain that just kept going until my entire team was dead without me being able to do a single thing about it. It took about 3 minutes for it to be done. There is no way I can see that actually happening without cheats.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Also, I really hope my guys are strong enough to at least complete enough of JTR to recruit her. That poo poo has been pissing me off for ages, it comes around so rarely I have no idea if i've worked on characters enough to be able to progress. I know i've put a ton of resources into old man han and chewie but I don't know if it will be enough.

The JTR event is reasonably easy. I had G10 zFinn, G10 SRey (super easy to gear), G9 BB8, G8 Veterans and believe i did every stage the first attempt.. SRey and Chewie were the MVPs iirc, with good dmg output and a stun from Chewie. You only need Han for a single mission iirc, when it is him and Chewie.

twistedmentat posted:

Okay, I swear during the last TB we had, some people on the other side were cheating. I faced off against a clone team that had 60k power with my Empire/sith team that has 100k power and was utterly annihilated before I could do anything. One clone did something and every single other clone started a chain that just kept going until my entire team was dead without me being able to do a single thing about it. It took about 3 minutes for it to be done. There is no way I can see that actually happening without cheats.

The recentmost TW had multiple modifiers, one of them was turbocharging the clonetroopers. They got 50% offense and defense for every other clone trooper, as well as a bunch of other bonuses.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

What about the super cute A-wing pilot in TLJ that gets unceremoniously killed? Callie I think her name was.

Chilichimp posted:

Tallie piloted a resistance A-wing in the last jedi, but that's about it.

She is loving smokin'

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ineptitude posted:

The JTR event is reasonably easy. I had G10 zFinn, G10 SRey (super easy to gear), G9 BB8, G8 Veterans and believe i did every stage the first attempt.. SRey and Chewie were the MVPs iirc, with good dmg output and a stun from Chewie. You only need Han for a single mission iirc, when it is him and Chewie.

The recentmost TW had multiple modifiers, one of them was turbocharging the clonetroopers. They got 50% offense and defense for every other clone trooper, as well as a bunch of other bonuses.

Okay good, I've been putting my resources into other characters, but Vet Chewie and Han are both pretty well developed. And that's just brutal on the clones. Maybe I should work on that squad at some point.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
territory wars have been having changing gimmicks. One time it was windu having big bonuses, and huge damage vs sith, time before last they did the community votes on who to not allow, this time it was big buffs to clones, ewoks, jawa, FO. Hard to predict what it will be but does at least slightly reward having the non-meta teams farmed up

twistedmentat posted:

Okay good, I've been putting my resources into other characters, but Vet Chewie and Han are both pretty well developed. And that's just brutal on the clones. Maybe I should work on that squad at some point.
vet chewie/han can be g8, and they arent good anywhere so anything past that is wasted. scav rey and bb8 are important for a good JTR HSTR team though so they are both worth getting to g12

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 21, 2019

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

territory wars have been having changing gimmicks. One time it was windu having big bonuses, and huge damage vs sith, time before last they did the community votes on who to not allow, this time it was big buffs to clones, ewoks, jawa, FO. Hard to predict what it will be but does at least slightly reward having the non-meta teams farmed up

vet chewie/han can be g8, and they arent good anywhere so anything past that is wasted. scav rey and bb8 are important for a good JTR HSTR team though so they are both worth getting to g12

And modded.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh that explains why my FO team did better than usual.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

twistedmentat posted:

Oh that explains why my FO team did better than usual.

The FO bonus was only for ships;

The bonuses for this past tw were:

FO Ships apply target lock when attacking with advantage (and some other minor stuff)

Clones get huge stat multipliers based on number of clones in team, dispel enemy buffs and ally debuffs when attacking out of turn (Fives counters, Echo/Cody assists, etc)

Ewoks: no cooldowns. At all. On anything. Ever. Yes, really.

Imperial Troopers: first 5 times an imperial Trooper dies, they revive at full health/prot/turn meter with all cooldowns reset. +1 revive every time Troopers Kill an enemy.

Jawas: stun when they attack a target, and call all other Jawas to assist, who apply shock when assisting, and can call other Jawas to assist their assist, who in turn call other Jawas again and and and nooooooow you’re dead.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I feel really left out in the cold with these though, since I don't have a broad stable to pick from of reasonably starred, geared, and modded characters. I thought the Trooper power for this one was kickin rad, but my troopers are in no shape to take advantage of it.

Nevermind my ships. Chasing the latest and greatest legendary farms, plus getting my regular teams to a respectable gear level, is eating all of the resources I need to actually buff out my ship stable. Which has come back to bite me in the rear end farming Jolee, because my ships aren't strong enough to 3-star his node.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

Ewoks: no cooldowns. At all. On anything. Ever. Yes, really.

Imperial Troopers: first 5 times an imperial Trooper dies, they revive at full health/prot/turn meter with all cooldowns reset. +1 revive every time Troopers Kill an enemy.

I was so ready to have fun with both of these

I put my Imp Troopers on defense hoping they would see a bunch of battles but our enemy didn't attempt a single battle in that territory at all.

My Ewoks aren't the best but they are good enough, could handily get 5* golden god, they are mostly g11 and good mods. I took them on offense to a G8-9 clone trooper team and i got exactly zero actions in, the clone troopers killed all 5 ewoks before i got a turn. I wasn't expecting g8 clones to outspeed my nearly arena level wicket...

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Warmachine posted:

I feel really left out in the cold with these though, since I don't have a broad stable to pick from of reasonably starred, geared, and modded characters. I thought the Trooper power for this one was kickin rad, but my troopers are in no shape to take advantage of it.

Nevermind my ships. Chasing the latest and greatest legendary farms, plus getting my regular teams to a respectable gear level, is eating all of the resources I need to actually buff out my ship stable. Which has come back to bite me in the rear end farming Jolee, because my ships aren't strong enough to 3-star his node.

Don't feel too bad, pretty much every other mode of the game it's better to not have a broad range of groups. For GA and TWar you want fewer, better geared/zetad teams. Since GA came out I've stopped promoting, leveling, or gearing characters unless I'm ready to take them to at least g10, ideally g11+. Anything else inflates your galaxy power and hurts you and your guild in GA and twar, with the rare exception of these bonuses and sort of platoons in tbattles.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Indeed, and this has served me very well so far in the GAs in December where i won every round.

My opponent today has leveled every character in the game to at least level 50 and gotten them all to G5, with a long list of level 85s at G8. My limited roster of G12 zeta wielders will walk all over that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Cannot express enough frustration in the way they've decided to peg GP as the single matchmaking stat.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Chilichimp posted:

Cannot express enough frustration in the way they've decided to peg GP as the single matchmaking stat.

I feel ya. I was one of those "level every character to 50/G7" ppl because I wanted to be in a position where if a character became usable I already did some leg work on them. Since GA started I've stopped that completely.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Are there any good alternatives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Are there any good alternatives?

Zetas earned and g11/12 characters are both much better measures of an account.