Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

habeasdorkus posted:

Nyaeve, as someone who'd been trained from birth to be an aide to a God-Queen, actually makes good money and is the only reason why they can really afford food and utilities. She's worked in fields from airship repair to tutoring the local scions of minor nobility.

Nyaeve is basically the only person on the team who knows how to do anything besides lift and punch dudes

e. well i guess Cio can cook food and accounting books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also Princess is going to start becoming That One Roommate once she re-achieves Green Devilhood

"hey i made risotto"
"yes yes good this was foreseen and is all part of my plan to-"
"shut up already christ"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also if any Broken Worlds GMs are looking for advice, just assume all your PCs are Trash Aunties who can kill everybody in the room and focus more on letting them do cool poo poo

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Agreed. You get the impression without Nyaeve and Cio selflessly doing logistics roles things wouldn't be going nearly as well.

Logistics first folks.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hell of a good term

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

Nyaeve is basically the only person on the team who knows how to do anything besides lift and punch dudes

e. well i guess Cio can cook food and accounting books

Alyson can make coffee.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

The Lone Badger posted:

Alyson can make coffee.
They only have tea

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

What's the deal with nipples and this comic? I even saw Abbadon tweet about it but I don't remember seeing any in the comic.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Abbadon's art has improved by leaps and bounds over where he started, but he still occasionally has some weird anatomy. Like Solomon David in the initially posted version of the bottom left panel in this page had nips that were literally closer to his scapulae than where they should be.

e: Wait, it was the one before that page:
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1030550574100566016

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 22, 2019

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

habeasdorkus posted:

Abbadon's art has improved by leaps and bounds over where he started, but he still occasionally has some weird anatomy. Like Solomon David in the initially posted version of the bottom left panel in this page had nips that were literally closer to his scapulae than where they should be.

e: Wait, it was the one before that page:
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1030550574100566016

On the other hand, shut the gently caress up, who cares, you can tell what's happening just fine.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Kinda hostile, huh?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The artjoke dogpile really got abaddon down last time he was here, I think it was the sheer number of people making nipple and thumb jokes that ground him down.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Yea, like everything else we handle goons couldn't avoid rambling about it for ages and making a huge deal out of a minor slip in a comic with remarkable and impressive art, and it ended up being a real frustration to Abaddon. So you know, quit being a dick about it if you like the comic.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Ashcans posted:

Yea, like everything else we handle goons couldn't avoid rambling about it for ages and making a huge deal out of a minor slip in a comic with remarkable and impressive art, and it ended up being a real frustration to Abaddon. So you know, quit being a dick about it if you like the comic.

Was it goons specifically, or social media in general? Cuz it seemed more like Twitter was the problem, and we chilled out once it became clear that it was a dogpile.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

stop posting about thumbs and nipples

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Was it goons specifically, or social media in general? Cuz it seemed more like Twitter was the problem, and we chilled out once it became clear that it was a dogpile.

both but at this point it's only goons bringing it back up as some kind of slam dunk funny joke

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

VanSandman posted:

On the other hand, shut the gently caress up, who cares, you can tell what's happening just fine.

he was just answering a question, jfc

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Come back Abaddon we love you

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Patware posted:

stop posting about thumbs and nipples

Hey, her thumb placement was deliberate because she has sloppy technique.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Xarbala posted:

The artjoke dogpile really got abaddon down last time he was here, I think it was the sheer number of people making nipple and thumb jokes that ground him down.

Fair enough, didn't realize that'd happened. The nipple joke was meant to be about an extremely minor anatomical issue, only worth bringing up as lighthearted kidding. His art is loving fantastic conceptually and has gotten very proficient as time has gone on. Plus, I can't think of any other webcomic artist who can pull off this:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

pseudorandom name posted:

Hey, her thumb placement was deliberate because she has sloppy technique.

I honestly figured it had to be something like this at the time, because I didn't consider the guy who drew the Siege of Yre could make a mistake when drawing a fist. (And it wasn't even a badly drawn fist. It was a well-drawn bad fist.)

Years from now, when I'm reminiscing in the rubble about how we used to be able to read comics! on the internet?! it'll be the siege I remember, and not the fist.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

In his own words it happened because he has a lot of poo poo to draw, can we stop talking about it now

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Sorry, I didn't know it was a whole thing. I just started reading recently.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

this thread is mostly for posting your headcanon about what happens offscreen, it seems, so it's understandable that you may have missed that

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It is? I thought it was for tagging yourself as to which hideous bugman represents you in any wide shot

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I thought it was for swooning over Devil Fashion, but I only realized this thread existed a couple weeks ago.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Getting hot and heavy on a new page!

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1087863341958213633?s=19

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Abaddon, you sly dog.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Kung-fu, magic, and drunken stupidity?

The rare triple threat.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Kung-fu, magic, and drunken stupidity?

The rare triple threat.

Quoting myself from a thousand years ago when this was all speculation:

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

THREEE MASTAHS if we could get Maya in on this.

WC with the MMAngle
Maya with the SWOODS
Cio with the *M A G I C K*(pop)

Got the Maya bit wrong. For now at least.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

[Joel Hodgson]Oh, WOW.[/Joel]

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Do we know whatever happened to Incubus? I keep expecting him to show up all "Wow, that took longer than expected. What did I m" :stare:

come back abbadon we love you

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 23, 2019

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
Here's the linked video, FYI.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpNy6z5sz1M
I'm honestly a little disappointed Operant didn't go with the Police or Santana, but I suppose those would be too obvious.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aw yeah schooltime with mistress Cio.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

darthbob88 posted:

Here's the linked video, FYI.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpNy6z5sz1M
I'm honestly a little disappointed Operant didn't go with the Police or Santana, but I suppose those would be too obvious.

Liza and Louise.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

Quoting myself from a thousand years ago when this was all speculation:

Got the Maya bit wrong. For now at least.

I feel like one of Abbadon's tumblr answers implied that Auntie Maya's Sword Training will happen and it will heck Allison the gently caress up

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rotten Red Rod posted:

In his own words it happened because he has a lot of poo poo to draw, can we stop talking about it now

No one was being malicious about it, just some jokes, so I don't know why it was such a huge deal

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Its kind of like how an avalanche is just some snowflakes. Individually harmless, but together it hurts.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Its kind of like how an avalanche is just some snowflakes. Individually harmless, but together it hurts.

Timing is also a thing: Sometimes the wrong thing at the wrong time can really hit you hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Who What Now posted:

No one was being malicious about it, just some jokes, so I don't know why it was such a huge deal

Because it turns out he got hammered about it a bunch other places, and expressed as much.

I don't know why this is hard to empathize with.