Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

Is it true Lars Sullivan apparently had a panic attack backstage at Raw last week?

I think it was the previous week, but that's what all the scoopers are saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The rumours were also that he flew home and went no contact when they tried to reach out and Vince got pissed at HHH for pushing to call him up. Who knows though.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I've avoided talking about Lars on here as some people have made their minds up he is/was a racist, no one can seemingly change and thus it isn't worth the bother. Even though many people tell me he really has. All coaches and wrestlers male and female all ethnicities really like him including forum favourites. Some publicly stating so in the past.

Anyway yeah he has a long history of anxiety and depression. The truth is no one really knows what exactly happened two weeks ago in was all kept discrete and behind closed doors. Reporters and those that should know all use the term "radio silent" when it comes to him or they did until late last week at least. Hopefully he shows up at or in the Rumble as a surprise.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what dave said was he just flew home and wwe was doing 'everything right' because they'd learned from the mauro incident supposedly. pretty sure any vince and hhh heat is fanfic

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

rovert posted:

I've avoided talking about Lars on here as some people have made their minds up he is/was a racist, no one can seemingly change and thus it isn't worth the bother. Even though many people tell me he really has. All coaches and wrestlers male and female all ethnicities really like him including forum favourites. Some publicly stating so in the past.

Anyway yeah he has a long history of anxiety and depression. The truth is no one really knows what exactly happened two weeks ago in was all kept discrete and behind closed doors. Reporters and those that should know all use the term "radio silent" when it comes to him or they did until late last week at least. Hopefully he shows up at or in the Rumble as a surprise.

Personally lads I believe a gypsy woman cursed Lars with her evil eye. Just unfortunate luck all around that he was caught in an area where they are known to loiter.

i'm really sorry to hear this. i've dealt with anxiety and i know how tough it can be

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
He's a racist pile of trash lol

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

what dave said was he just flew home and wwe was doing 'everything right' because they'd learned from the mauro incident supposedly. pretty sure any vince and hhh heat is fanfic

Yep. Everybody just feels bad for Lars. It is very unfair business to have the situations he deals with. Doubly so with advent of social media.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i pretend to act like a decent person irl while letting my true piece of poo poo self fly on line too. It's easy

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, he's a bad wrestler so I personally don't want to ever see him again ideally.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

I've avoided talking about Lars on here as some people have made their minds up he is/was a racist, no one can seemingly change and thus it isn't worth the bother. Even though many people tell me he really has.

I'd love there to be less racists in the world, so I admit I'd happily change my mind if he actually did change for the better over the last 3 years and show it

For all the poo poo he said publicly on those accounts, I think it's fair to say him "showing it" has to mean publicly, not just privately

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Maybe he should follow his own advice and just realize anxiety isn't a real mental illness and that he's weak.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

I'd love there to be less racists in the world, so I admit I'd happily change my mind if he actually did change for the better over the last 3 years and show it

For all the poo poo he said publicly on those accounts, I think it's fair to say him "showing it" has to mean publicly, not just privately

That's more than fair.

I think he was a clear outsider character looking for attention on a message board. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.Especially if racism hits close to home obviously.

He may have suffered a health setback from trying to face a crowd after his old comments he's embarrassed by got unearthed. But who is to know?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Maybe he should follow his own advice and just realize anxiety isn't a real mental illness and that he's weak.

Statements like that to me make it clear he is/was more of unthinking doofus or trying to get a raise on a trolling message board if anything.

rovert fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 22, 2019

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Low Desert Punk posted:

He's a racist pile of trash lol

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rovert posted:

Statements like that to me make it clear he is/was more of unthinking doofus or trying to get a raise on a trolling message board if anything.

can't relate, personally

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, I'm way too good at posting to be able to empathize with that, sorry Lars.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I hope he's doing better in his personal life and in his racial life

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Post Lars's rap sheet rovert

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Casey posted the following tweet:

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/1087564064329486339

(in case its deleted, its the last seven names in the women's rumble)

- Bianca Belair
- Trish Stratus
- Lita
- Bull Nakano
- Shayna Baszler
- Toni Storm
- Ivory

:stare: at the bolded one.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

- Bianca Belair
- Trish Stratus
- Lita
- Bull Nakano
- Shayna Baszler
- Toni Storm
- Ivory

EXTREMELY unlikely. This is the woman who put on a ton of weight for her retirement show because she didn't want the fans to be disappointed. Also, at the RISE show she did, her knees looked all kinds of hosed up. I have a tiny hope she might be a candidate for the HOF though...

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I mean yall remember that royal rumble thay had Roddy piper and snuka in it right. like mid 2000s or something and they could barely fuckin move. If you can bump over the top rope, shrug.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Procrastinator posted:

I mean yall remember that royal rumble thay had Roddy piper and snuka in it right. like mid 2000s or something and they could barely fuckin move. If you can bump over the top rope, shrug.

2008 and Roddy looked like he was seven months pregnant

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

DarkstarIV posted:

- Bianca Belair
- Trish Stratus
- Lita
- Bull Nakano
- Shayna Baszler
- Toni Storm
- Ivory

This confirms that Charlotte is winning then

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

This confirms that Charlotte is winning then

No it doesn't lol.

Keep in mind Becky could easily jump someone and take their number.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Spoilers for the Rumble thread: they're gonna cut off Bianca's music and I'm gonna get mad

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Casey is as legit as anyone with scoops, he’s absolutely not fabricating that. Is Bull there on the day of? Who knows?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's batshit insane but has real sources.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

No it doesn't lol.

Keep in mind Becky could easily jump someone and take their number.

Hell, that'd be a really simple way of dealing with the damp squib that is Carmella coming out at 30.

gently caress, given how lazy WWE are in this kind of booking, I'd wager Cena does it to Truth as well.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

He's batshit insane but has real sources.

Nah Casey is very level headed and just likes to mess around. And the source is me on this.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He likes Carmella matches rovert. Nobody says that even as a joke.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWELeaksDotOrg/status/1088085207520034817

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Cena should win and we can all howl with laughter as Vince completely misses the point in the Tanahashi push and has Brock murder him in a re-run of the Summerslam match in the semi-main of WM.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

rovert posted:

Nah Casey is very level headed and just likes to mess around. And the source is me on this.

He's a great guy. His sense of humor is a little bit of the old MONKEY CHEESE LOL though.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Give Kofi the win you cowards

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Man I would go crazy for an Almas win

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rovert posted:

Nah, lots of people think that is a 100% true sentiment. For example, my girlfriends mom her entire childhood who refused that her depression and anxiety was real and was instead just her being a cry baby.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Nah, lots of people think that is a 100% true sentiment. For example, my girlfriends mom her entire childhood who refused that her depression and anxiety was real and was instead just her being a cry baby.

I don't doubt that at all. Maybe I am just naïve about Lars. But I have seen people change IRL.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

getting a new job doesn't really change who you are that often. it might change what you want to present though

Editing this message to say i made that up and don't have any proof about it. I hope that's ok

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 23, 2019

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Gumball Gumption posted:

There are loads of people who think allergies aren't real because they don't have any.

Never underestimate the lack of empathy people have for other people.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

LividLiquid posted:

There are loads of people who think allergies aren't real because they don't have any.

Never underestimate the lack of empathy people have for other people.

Yeah, when I developed nut allergies in my 20s my own sisters and a few long, close friends like refused to believe me. They somehow seemed to feel I was faking these visceral allergic reactions and just actively choosing to stop eating food I'd enjoyed my entire life and eat at places I loved because I was looking for attention.

Its so weird because it wasn't even a life threatening thing or anything. Just "hey, could you keep the peanuts in a bag or something?" or "Does that have nuts in it?" People can be incredible pricks, even to the people they love. And its super easy when its something "intangible" like allergies or anxiety.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

7:1 on McIntyre are pretty good odds. Rollins, to me, screams "iron man that gets dumped at the end to draw heat on somebody"