Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

A better source:

https://twitter.com/_sara_jade_/status/1086543253170601984?s=19

https://twitter.com/_sara_jade_/status/1087408031799734272?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
poo poo, Geoff Clark in a lot more hot water over allegedly stealing money from ATSIC/community works.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/Gergyl/status/1087559415513772032

who needs rivers anyway

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

A better source:

Just like on TV!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I wonder if it would be possible to sabotage all of those pumps, and permanently reverse all the ones connected to those massive stolen water storage areas, simultaneously

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://twitter.com/JoshButler/status/1087574138275868672?s=20

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

JBP posted:

I'd take any opportunity I could get to gently caress up a prison guard's day

JBP with the "If you work for the system you're evil and I will punish you" posting

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-22/clive-palmer-sets-up-kiwi-company-threatens-to-sue-taxpayers/10734744

The gently caress

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Solemn Sloth posted:

Sorry, I meant to say chortle chortle guffaw, look at this uneducated slob, can’t get a real job and reduced to conning a 15 year old into a discount on a Big Mac, what a disgusting wretch

Congratulations on taking a funny story about overzealous McDonald’s staff and prison bosses mixed with dudes who love to burg and somehow making it into an opportunity to pose as a man of the people. You are dumb as hell my man.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

i've easily gotten more than a grands worth of discount on mcdonalds sending my AJ mate to pick up, I have never felt such strong solidarity with a screw in my life

Wow. Mods?

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

He's building a mine and making Australia pay for it?

Also lol at his spokesman's name being "Mr Crook".

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Sure am glad we dont live in one of those crazy countries like China that allows business to destroy their river systems or like Russia where infrastructure projects are massive rorts that go way over budget and don't deliver what was promised (apologies if thread discussion has progressed beyond river destruction chat, somebody posted an image earlier so this page took a few hours to load).

Moon Atari fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jan 22, 2019

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Election promises today

Shorten: 1bn for Queensland Hydrogen industry
Scomo: Wants to build and exact replica of Cook's ship to bust out on the Sydney Harbour every Australia Day. 6.7mil.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Hasn't there been an Endeavour replica sailing around for years?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, the young endeavour, and it's an actual benefit to the australian public since it gives leadership and skill (their usefulness outside of sailboats notwithstanding) opportunities to 16-23 y.o's instead of just being the biggest wank in "OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE gently caress YEAH" boganry ever

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

But it's not for Australia day

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yeah Morrison isn't talking about building a new replica, just sending the current one on a voyage around Australia to retrace the journey Cook didn't go on.

https://twitter.com/deemadigan/status/1087594788898037760

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 22, 2019

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Oh OK.

How is a trip that expensive?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

Oh OK.

Sailboats are slow and need a lot of support and resources.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Anidav posted:

Oh OK.

Mate lobster dinners aren't cheap ok?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
It’s a pretty neat idea albeit only if you’re gonna be honest about Cook appropriating the land and precipitating the genocides and whatnot.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Put Scomo on the New Endeavour, sail him to Hawaii and then drown him.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

hooman posted:

Sailboats are slow and need a lot of support and resources.

It's going to take about a year before it's stopping in about 40 places.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

GoldStandardConure posted:

Put Scomo on the New Endeavour, sail him to Hawaii and then drown him.

Have him reenact the Bounty mutiny. Then if he makes it back, reenact the follow up Byron Bay mutiny with him.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-22/fish-kill-inquiry-ordered-by-federal-government/10736962

quote:

The Federal Government has ordered an independent study of the recent mass fish kills in the Lower Darling River.

It comes a day after the Opposition announced it had commissioned its own independent review, by the Australian Academy of Science, into why hundreds of thousands of fish had died near Menindee, in far-western New South Wales.
The study also comes as the NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI) revealed it was investigating reports of another fish kill at Lake Inverell, on the Macintyre River.
The NSW DPI said in a statement that thousands of fish, mainly juveniles between 2cm and 10cm in length, were found washed up on the banks of the lake on Monday, with some larger fish also found dead further upstream.
Species included golden perch, Murray cod, eel-tailed catfish, carp, gudgeon, and freshwater shrimp.
The DPI said the water in the lake was "visibly stagnant" with a high algae content and a dark-green colouration to the water.
Federal Agriculture and Water Resources Minister David Littleproud said Melbourne University's Dr Robert Vertessy would chair a "fair dinkum, independent" panel that must investigate how and why the fish kills, in December 2018 and January 2019, happened.
"These fish kills were predicated by one of the largest droughts we've ever seen in this nation's history and these events are natural, they have happened for centuries they also happen in blackwater events and floods," Mr Littleproud said.

Mr Littleproud said the panel, to be selected by Dr Vertessy, would have access to state water managers including the NSW Department of Fisheries scientists.
It must consider the management and events that led up, and responded, to the fish deaths.
It will provide recommendations to state and federal governments and the Murray-Darling Basin Authority in a bid to prevent future large fish kills.
Announcing what he called the fish kill "assessment" in Toowoomba, Mr Littleproud refuted the suggestion irrigators upstream had contributed to the fish deaths.
"That is nonsense that cotton farmers are to blame for this," Mr Littleproud said.

"At the start of every year, what happens is the water managers sit down and they have water flows for human consumption and for the environment and then everything that is left over goes to cotton farmers or to wheat farmers.
"The reality is it's done in a scientific way, so all we're saying is let's work through the science of how to better manage that water flow to allow the best outcomes not only for the environment but for the economy and also for us, the human beings within it."
We're gonna get a study done, but frankly we already know whose fault it wasn't

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Paingod556 posted:

Have him reenact the Bounty mutiny. Then if he makes it back, reenact the follow up Byron Bay mutiny with him.

Two mutinies is how he got in to office so it only seems fair.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Intoluene posted:

Two mutinies is how he got in to office so it only seems fair.

:hmmyes:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah Morrison isn't talking about building a new replica, just sending the current one on a voyage around Australia to retrace the journey Cook didn't go on.

https://twitter.com/deemadigan/status/1087594788898037760

Why are only some of Captain Cook’s buttons done up

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Not to defend JBP if he's serious, but when someone goes to jail, they don't worry about the inmates bashing them, they worry about the guards. APGAB.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

BBJoey posted:

Why are only some of Captain Cook’s buttons done up

His massive gut

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I had this post ready a few days ago but couldn't be bothered making it: Palmer's Western Australian ads about wanting WA to get 100% of their gst contributions ends with him saying "labor and liberal make us second class citizens". Us? If fat gently caress was anymore east coast he would be a kiwi.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Victoria bad? :negative:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/jan/22/victoria-spends-less-than-half-what-nsw-does-on-social-housing-report-shows

quote:

Victoria spends less than half the national average on social housing, report shows

Victoria is spending less than half as much on social housing as New South Wales, according to a report that has also provided evidence that homelessness agencies across Australia are being strained by increased demand.

The Productivity Commission’s report on government services, released on Tuesday, was labelled a “damning insight into many years of neglect” from both state and federal governments.

But the report’s findings were bleakest in Victoria, which was recorded as spending $530m on social housing last financial year, below NSW ($1.37bn), Western Australia ($829m) and Queensland ($628m).

Taking into account its growing population, the commission said Victoria’s expenditure equated to just $82.94 per person, compared with $173.35 in NSW. The national average in 2016-17 stood at $166.93.

Victoria’s per person spending on social housing has also fallen each year since 2014-15, down from $95.92 per person, the report showed.

During last year’s election campaign, Daniel Andrews’s government faced a campaign from social services groups to build 30,000 social houses over a decade. It responded by pledging $209m to build 1,000 new public housing units over the next three years.

More at link.

hambeet fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jan 22, 2019

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
excuse me is some oval office speaking out in defence of the screws

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Paingod556 posted:

The LNP at the moment are in Batavia territory...

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Who doesn’t want to vote for the political candidate who simultaneously wants to sue Australia?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Return of the Obra Dinn is a really good videogame and probably more educational about the British navy in colonial times than the ScoMo boat.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

swimsuit posted:

excuse me is some oval office speaking out in defence of the screws

nope

pretty sure everyone here knows that acab

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

No, it's because Victoria is the land of milk and honey and no one needs social housing.

Victoria STRONG

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So...Queensland...Good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

You Am I posted:

No, it's because Victoria is the land of milk and honey and no one needs social housing.

Victoria STRONG

The two times I’ve been to Melbourne the cbd had significantly more homeless people than I’ve ever seen in Brisbane or Sydney. Everyone I know who’s spent some time in Melbourne has remarked on how much more of a homelessness problem they seem to have.