Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping
That's a bad song!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

turtleface posted:

That's a bad song!

That is a bad song!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

FBS posted:

That is a bad song!

That song's... not okay.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Coughing Hobo posted:

I cannot wait to hear Mantzoukas's reaction

I'm sure it'll be something along the lines of...

"That was...real bad"

I love it, but I'm a biased person when it comes to Ben Schwartz and Horatio Sanz.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
can't wait to turn off the show 50 times this year just before that fuckin awful song

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Now I miss the 2017 theme even more than I did during 2018.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Did people really not like the 2018 remix? Maybe I'm secretly into circus music.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The 2018 remix grew on me over time. By about halfway through the year I dug its weird charms.

Wish they'd been given multiple takes this year though :v:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Didn't listen all year, but listed to some of the best of episodes. Was there no Solo Bolo last year?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ego! Undoubtedly gotta be a c+ episode for sure.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Is Carl Tart's brother really named Carl too?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He's called Carl Too. It's a Gallagher thing.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ego! Undoubtedly gotta be a c+ episode for sure.

C, for Kloaca Kardashian

oh no the new Plugs Bag theme is excruciating in practice

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 15, 2019

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
I wonder why he ain't using the one that guy what does it did.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Taped before that was completed apparently. Maybe it’ll be an episode or two before it gets used as CBB sometimes gets done in batches I believe.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Eventually someone's going to make the "Scott, you're a child now" concept work.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Catching up on the best of 2018 eps and before the Conan clip Scott made a comment about how Conan complained about CBB on another podcast and Paul said sarcastically “doesn’t sound like him AT ALL”- anyone know anything about this? Love me some pod goss

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Colonel Whitey posted:

Catching up on the best of 2018 eps and before the Conan clip Scott made a comment about how Conan complained about CBB on another podcast and Paul said sarcastically “doesn’t sound like him AT ALL”- anyone know anything about this? Love me some pod goss

From the CBB thing on Reddit, I remember it coming up at the time:

quote:

Conan was on Bill Simmons and complimented Simmons’s show with being a nice, leisurely chat - contrasting it with CBB (not by name) where he found himself doing improv scenes with people he never met and felt like it continued on and on and on so he couldn’t leave.

Link to the episode: https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/2018/11/16/18098088/conan-obrien-plus-kd-drama-and-brees-for-mvp

I'm sure Conan was probably just being a bit swipe-y and not genuinely griping, but I've not heard it personally. I'm sure PFTs response is also along the same lines, as CBB tends to be.

The thread, if you want to read further. It's reddit so, you know. https://www.reddit.com/r/comedybangbang/comments/aa1k2b/scott_and_pfts_comments_about_conan_obrien_during/

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Thanks, I tend to forget Reddit exists

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Colonel Whitey posted:

Thanks, I tend to forget Reddit exists

Lucky SOB

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
Scott seemed to really like Sam Richardson. And how could anyone not? Great ep

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
And yet he still felt compelled to completely derail the conversation for like 10 minutes to make his stupid loving Dr. Demento/Weird Al "joke" for the billionth time. Incredible.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

the Insane Piano posted:

And yet he still felt compelled to completely derail the conversation for like 10 minutes to make his stupid loving Dr. Demento/Weird Al "joke" for the billionth time. Incredible.

What's worse, that or his "All titles are spoilers, movies shouldn't have titles" bit

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Boy, that's a tough call. They're both terrible. At least he seems to be laying off the "SaturDAY/NIGHT Live" bit.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
I hate him so much. I hope he dies.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
I really wonder what a CBB hosted by Jason Mantzoukas would be like

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Jason hosted the good place recap podcast for the latest episode and it goes about how you would expect. He should host more IMO.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Did he just say "This. Episode. Was. Bananas." and "What is happening?!?!" over and over?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
When he's not doing his schtick, Jason's pretty drat charming and thoughtful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecfWVhz-wyc

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Yeah, that's true. I was being cheeky. I've liked Zouks in pretty much everything except his own podcast.

Edit: Wow, Scotty 2 Naughty does an erectile dysfunction ad in the latest CBB. Noice!

Gargamel Gibson fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 21, 2019

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Edit: Wow, Scotty 2 Naughty does an erectile dysfunction ad in the latest CBB. Noice!

There have been some odd adds recently. HDTGM has had some really bizarre Skittles adds that I'm not sure were just Paul reading them as written or trying to make something incoherent up on his own.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I'm trying to imagine before I listen: "If you have erectile dysfunction--and I pray that you do..."

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Drew Tarver is so great

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
The wheezing at Predator John Cusack really got me.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Really hope to see the Joker edited into Rushmore.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Breadallelogram posted:

Drew Tarver is so great

Hell yes. And I've got to say... The Look of Love is a pretty good song!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Hell yes. And I've got to say... The Look of Love is a pretty good song!

It has a great music video too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNEdxZURTaI

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
ABC unironically owns

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

PFT coming in hot with the Alimony Tony stuff was great, loved the change in pace to the start of the episode. Whoever wrote that catchphrase must've been loving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

PFT coming in hot with the Alimony Tony stuff was great, loved the change in pace to the start of the episode. Whoever wrote that catchphrase must've been loving it.

Is this the first time a character has been invented from the catchphrase?