Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Which circuit court is the appeal currently in? Ideally it’s in a liberal leaning one and once they rule against Trump it’ll take like a year before SCOTUS can make a final 5-4 ruling in Trumps favor and by that point it’s time for the Presidential election.

I don't think the next president will be able to change the make up of the SCOTUS unless they are going to court pack which I'm skeptical of happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

“If MLK had a gun” would be a nuclear-level hot take if it weren’t for the fact that the NRA has been arguing for arming teachers in schools to shoot and kill literal children that bring their lawfully-owned guns to school.

VH4Ever posted:

It's time for Mueller to put up or shut up, IMO. "He's waiting until after the election!" "He's waiting for the Democratic Congress!" "He's waiting for.....Mercury to be aligned with Neptune?"

End it.

Honesty, yeah. This investigation won’t mean poo poo if he finalizes it a few months before the election and the FBI decides that they’ll follow protocol ~this time~ and hold off on releasing anything until December 2020. They need to get poo poo moving, as he still has a good chance of another win via EC once the republicans are rounded up, slapped around and given some boots to lick by Fox News.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

It is poo poo like this why Persistance, Rubin and other gay republicans should be shamed out of existence.

loving LOL if you think gay Republicans feel any solidarity with trans people. If they had their druthers it would be rebranded as the Glb movement (lowercase intentional)

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

VH4Ever posted:

I know y'all love stroking Mueller boners for two straight years but it's time to wrap it the gently caress up. It's either going to take him down or it's not. This stupid poo poo we do of "Well, this looks weird but it means when he DOES spring the report on us, it's gonna be epic!!" fetishism is stupid and after two goddamn years, if you can't prove a serial criminal like Trump did crimes, well, you're poo poo at investigating or are actively covering for him whilst sacrificing those around him. I say lock 'em all up but it's becoming, to me, more and more clear that this Supercop ain't who y'all thought he was. He is a Republican, after all.

is there a point to this post other than gloating about how smart you think you are

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

also: trump will likely have to wait until next fall at earliest for DACA to be heard

https://twitter.com/stevenmazie/status/1087723350879805440

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

He is a stereotypical G-Man. He's probably waiting "until it's done".

I simply do not believe that he is sitting on a basically finished report and is waiting for exactly the right time to release it.

Meanwhile, there's enough crimes in the public record to justify impeachment today. The problem is that half of congress is ready to go to the mat for President Crimes because they're a mixture of cowardly, sycophantic, and power hungry.

So impeach the motherfucker! Us, and Dems in Congress, waiting on a Mueller bomb to start impeachment are operating on a variety of false assumptions. The guy was DQ'ed the minute he took office while simultaneously owning a large corporation and a fraudulent charity. Oh, and a hotel he leased from our own government that world leaders are blatantly using to enrich him personally. That's enough. So do it. Everyone stop waiting around for Supercop to save us from this gently caress, it's dumb and naive as all hell and I'm done kowtowing to that logic.

kidkissinger posted:

is there a point to this post other than gloating about how smart you think you are

Yup, raining on the Mueller parade for everyone.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1087723755898658816

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

VH4Ever posted:

I know y'all love stroking Mueller boners for two straight years but it's time to wrap it the gently caress up. It's either going to take him down or it's not. This stupid poo poo we do of "Well, this looks weird but it means when he DOES spring the report on us, it's gonna be epic!!" fetishism is stupid and after two goddamn years, if you can't prove a serial criminal like Trump did crimes, well, you're poo poo at investigating or are actively covering for him whilst sacrificing those around him. I say lock 'em all up but it's becoming, to me, more and more clear that this Supercop ain't who y'all thought he was. He is a Republican, after all.
yikes

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

VH4Ever posted:

What looks weird? By the metric of other investigations of this type he's moving very fast and has uncovered quite a bit. Yes he's a Republican and he might have nothing, but nothing we've been able to see remotely suggests that. Quite the opposite.

"It's either going to take him down or it's not." is bullshit of the highest order. Only an airtight case will bring a President down, and the creation of an airtight case isn't a dichotomy. It takes time, and again, by every available comparable investigation he's moving very quickly.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Thalantos posted:

Wow, what a piece of poo poo!

My old roommate went to the hospital after having what we later found out was a stroke.

They literally kicked her out a saying she was just tired, despite the fact she couldn't even walk because she couldn't stand on or move one of her legs. She ended up dying a few weeks later.

gently caress these chud pieces of poo poo for playing the victim.

I hope her family sued the everliving poo poo out of them. Also, I'm sorry for your loss. That really sucks.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

VH4Ever posted:

It's time for Mueller to put up or shut up, IMO. "He's waiting until after the election!" "He's waiting for the Democratic Congress!" "He's waiting for.....Mercury to be aligned with Neptune?"

End it.

Yeah end the witch hunt now... wait what?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This loving tweet has so many random capitalizations I thought I was playing Assassins Creed 4 for a minute.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

VH4Ever posted:

I know y'all love stroking Mueller boners for two straight years but

The investigation is only about 1.5 years old.

I get that you're easily affected by the new Trumpist norm of breakneck speed of bullshit and have watched a lot of CSI and are therefore an expert on law enforcement protocol, but this is a very normal amount of time for an investigation of this scale to take, here in real life.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

VH4Ever posted:

Yea people keep saying stuff like 'well the whitewater investigation took longer' but the whole point is that's because they went from a kinda shady land deal to 'did the president get dome in the oval office' because they were so desperate for SOMETHING. Mueller has poo poo, he needs to release the loving report already in some form.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
There can't be people who think the Mueller investigation will result in anything but more of what we already know and no action by congress can there?

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

The Super-Id posted:

Yeah end the witch hunt now... wait what?

When did I use the words "witch hunt?" This is just blatant misreading. I'm not loving Greenwald over here. He's a criminal. Lock him up already.

sexpig by night posted:

Yea people keep saying stuff like 'well the whitewater investigation took longer' but the whole point is that's because they went from a kinda shady land deal to 'did the president get dome in the oval office' because they were so desperate for SOMETHING. Mueller has poo poo, he needs to release the loving report already in some form.

You're using a partisan fishing expedition that went on way too long and ended up uncovering unrelated wrongdoing and resulted in an "impeachment" after which the president remained and saw soaring approval ratings as proof....this one will take our CURRENT president down in a meaningful way? I'm not sure this was the best example of whatever your point was.

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 22, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Luckyellow posted:

That motherfucker. He better not co-opt "I have a dream" for himself.

He's going full Armstrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmWQd8zhEg4

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

VH4Ever posted:

None of us are saying this, you're being extremely dumb.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

VH4Ever posted:

Basically, this.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

mcmagic posted:

There can't be people who think the Mueller investigation will result in anything but more of what we already know and no action by congress can there?

It may not have more than what we already know, but it will have a ton of detail around events that we've never seen and it will almost certainly spur impeachment hearings in the house.

So yes, we do exist.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Doctor Butts posted:

Oh my loving god. The moment when they reveal that a dude was willing to suck dick to get container shipments of water through customs.. And that dude still seemed to hope the best for Billy.

Which Fyre documentary is this? There's like two of them, the one on Hulu and the other on Netflix.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Young Freud posted:

Which Fyre documentary is this? There's like two of them, the one on Hulu and the other on Netflix.

Netflix one has this

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

AhhYes posted:

It may not have more than what we already know, but it will have a ton of detail around events that we've never seen and it will almost certainly spur impeachment hearings in the house.

So yes, we do exist.

There is already enough to start impeachment hearings. It's a waste of time.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

eke out posted:

also: trump will likely have to wait until next fall at earliest for DACA to be heard

https://twitter.com/stevenmazie/status/1087723350879805440

Thank gently caress for that. It’s honestly pretty incredible that Trump is literally hunting down vulnerable groups with the intent to enact draconian laws as a bargaining chip. Imagine if Obama has decided to push an EO basically creating a 95% tax on the sales of guns in order to push a gun control bill through Congress; the entirety of DC would be burned to the ground by chuds in 3 days.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/mattduss/status/1087463921165000705

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

You heard forums poster VH4Ever feds, stop doing your jobs and :justpost: like the rest of us

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

KillHour posted:

I hope her family sued the everliving poo poo out of them. Also, I'm sorry for your loss. That really sucks.

Nah, she was trans and didn't get along with her family.

Thanks. She was a super sweet, if weird person, and the best roommate I've ever had. I miss her.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Ripoff posted:

“If MLK had a gun” would be a nuclear-level hot take if it weren’t for the fact that the NRA has been arguing for arming teachers in schools to shoot and kill literal children that bring their lawfully-owned guns to school.

Also, it is really funny considering that the NRA lobbied against black people having guns once the Black Panthers started exercising their 2nd Ammedment Rights.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
Look Doc, you say you're not done with the root canal yet, but I'm cranky and impatient so you need to wrap it up right the gently caress now.

I don't care that it's not done and finishing right now would gently caress up all the work you spent the last 1.5 hours doing. Just finish the procedure this instant.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

VH4Ever posted:

When did I use the words "witch hunt?" This is just blatant misreading. I'm not loving Greenwald over here. He's a criminal. Lock him up already.

My point is, the only reason to end a criminal investigation early is if you think it’s illegitimate. Which makes you sound like every conservative talking head.

You’re right we shouldn’t put all our eggs in one basket, and that he should be impeached regardless, but “end the investigation now” sounds real dumb.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

VH4Ever posted:

So impeach the motherfucker! Us, and Dems in Congress, waiting on a Mueller bomb to start impeachment are operating on a variety of false assumptions. The guy was DQ'ed the minute he took office while simultaneously owning a large corporation and a fraudulent charity. Oh, and a hotel he leased from our own government that world leaders are blatantly using to enrich him personally. That's enough. So do it. Everyone stop waiting around for Supercop to save us from this gently caress, it's dumb and naive as all hell and I'm done kowtowing to that logic.

Neither you, nor me, or even the SA Mods, have a loving clue what the Mueller report has or does not have. It's been almost free of leaks and comments, which is extraordinary - especially now.

So I wouldn't even begn to say anything about Mueller or what will or won't happen because everyone is talking out their rear end on that.

Do we need to wait? Probably not.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

mcmagic posted:

I agree with that, but if I were Pelosi I'd wait until the report comes out too. It's by far the best play and makes conviction in the Senate more likely, because the impeachment hearings in the house will be bolstered by everything in the report and will be less susceptible to being called blatantly partisan. They'll be called that regardless of course, but it'll help.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Exactly, I think if you want to speed it up just try to cause more chaos than the Trump Admin currently is. At this point the SCO seems to be simply playing HR. "Yea, we got your complaint we are working on it" type bullshit. If you want action we all know you have to cause a scene for someone to finally go "Wait, what was the problem here?!"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

AhhYes posted:

I agree with that, but if I were Pelosi I'd wait until the report comes out too. It's by far the best play and makes conviction in the Senate more likely, because the impeachment hearings in the house will be bolstered by everything in the report and will be less susceptible to being called blatantly partisan. They'll be called that regardless of course, but it'll help.

There is nothing that could be in the report that would result in a conviction in the Senate. Literally nothing.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

The Super-Id posted:

My point is, the only reason to end a criminal investigation early is if you think it’s illegitimate. Which makes you sound like every conservative talking head.

You’re right we shouldn’t put all our eggs in one basket, and that he should be impeached regardless, but “end the investigation now” sounds real dumb.

Aren't we still below the Watergate Investigation benchmark?

Either way, I would rather have the investigation wrap up more crooks than just the President. I want every single drat person who has taken Russian Money to be in prison or outed for the traitorous ghoul they are in the public sphere.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005

twice burned ice posted:

Look Doc, you say you're not done with the root canal yet, but I'm cranky and impatient so you need to wrap it up right the gently caress now.

I don't care that it's not done and finishing right now would gently caress up all the work you spent the last 1.5 hours doing. Just finish the procedure this instant.

Yea doc, I am just having an aneurysm here. Finish that root canal first, that's top priority!

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

twice burned ice posted:

My point is simple: everyone in Greater New York knew Trump was a criminal. If it takes this guy almost two years to build some sort of case of criminal wrongdoing on Trump, well, he's either a bad cop or he's working really hard to cover for the guy on the worst stuff and letting his underlings burn. Either way, I'm just sick and tired of hearing the "We got him!" minutia every day and really just need to stop watching TV news of any kind.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You've been fixing my car for 1.5 weeks now, how much longer could it take?!

:iiaca:

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

VH4Ever posted:

My point is simple: everyone in Greater New York knew Trump was a criminal. If it takes this guy almost two years to build some sort of case of criminal wrongdoing on Trump, well, he's either a bad cop or he's working really hard to cover for the guy on the worst stuff and letting his underlings burn. Either way, I'm just sick and tired of hearing the "We got him!" minutia every day and really just need to stop watching TV news of any kind.

you could have saved five or six posts of uninformed rambling and just said this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jfc (could not find non chud tweet about this)

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1087724365997850625