Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Syka posted:

In the Country of the Musketeers world in DDD, Mickey (and Donald and Goofy?) are supposed to be the same ones that eventually meet Sora and company, right? What about Pete? Is he the same Pete we know? Why don't Mickey Donald and Goofy recognize him? Is the answer "don't think about it too hard?"

Everything in DDD is a dream and isn't technically happening, which is why you can have Fantasia and the Musketeers with Mickey but no continuity between them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What some good melds for Terra. I went with just normal which feels easy until I get to a boss who takes a while to kill due to Terra slow rear end.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The best commands in the game are literally just the surges and mine (more surge, less mine for Terra).

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow gently caress Mirage Arena. On Normal on the first level so stupid Miku looking rabbit enemy took half my HP off without warning making me lose.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rirse posted:

What some good melds for Terra. I went with just normal which feels easy until I get to a boss who takes a while to kill due to Terra slow rear end.

You want the fast and easy way I take it. Basically the same for each character.

Thunder + Thunder + Shimmering Crystal = Thundara + Thunder Boost x3 - Will be the fastest farming move until you get 5 magic hastes
Thundara + Thundara = Thundaga x4 - Switch to these when you get your magic hastes
Cure + Cure + Shimmering Crystal = Cura + Heal Boost x3
Fire + Fire + Soothing Crystal = Fira + HP Boost x3
Fire + Fire + Fleeting Crystal = Fira + Magic Haste x5
Fire + Fire + Pulsing Crystal = Fira + Leaf Bracer x1 - Immunity when casting cure spells
Fira + Fira + Wellspring Crystal = Firaga + Once More x1 - combos can only bring you to 1hp provided you have more than 1 HP beforehand
Slow + Slow + Fleeting Crystal = Slowra + Attack Haste x5
Cura + Cura + Pulsing Crystal = Curaga + Second Chance x1 - large hits can only bring you to 1hp provided you have more than 1 HP beforehand
Fire Dash\Freeze Raid\Stun Edge\Confusion Strike + Thundara = Thunder Surge x4-6

The crystals is just to show you what you need to fill out those passives and all these crystals drop from the first worlds you go to.
If can live with Cura or you can make 3 more Curagas.
If you don't care about abilities then the recipes are basically there for everything.
If you want to grind commands just make a deck of alternating thundaga and the commands you want to level and find an area that spawns alot of unversed. Unversed all give the same exp so its just about killing alot of them.

Make a deck alternating thunder surges and thundaga with a cura/ga or 2 until the end. Near the end of the game you can just go all thunder surges and cures.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jan 22, 2019

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I just watched the 3 hour KH explainer in preparation for this game and I am now half Xehanort.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It is now Saix days left until Kingdom Hearts 3, the XIIIth Kingdom Hearts Game.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Rirse posted:

Wow gently caress Mirage Arena. On Normal on the first level so stupid Miku looking rabbit enemy took half my HP off without warning making me lose.

That’s the point of those guys, they aren’t stunned by your regular attack. They are assholes.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Pug Rodeo posted:

What else can you name your kid when you have to scramble up No Heart and an X?

:aaaaa:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Hey if it helps it could also be Another with an X

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Xehanorts parents had 12 other kids before him and got lazy with names by the time he rolled around, so he added the X to make himself feel special unaware that doing so would make him evil.

Also his parents were time displaced data Sora's.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Can't wait for the plot twist that Xehanort is Riku's father, and that's why Riku's dad had never been mentioned before.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can you switch difficulties in BBS between characters? So I can pick something harder once done with Terra.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

All of the characters grew up in an orphanage and Malificent was their matron.

I still tear up during the scene where Goofy can't bring himself to shoot her with the sniper rifle.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

All of the characters grew up in an orphanage and Malificent was their matron.

I still tear up during the scene where Goofy can't bring himself to shoot her with the sniper rifle.

Sora can't remember any of this because he allowed Chicken Little inside his head and in doing so tore out a piece of his memory.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Leon just shakes his head.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Rirse posted:

Can you switch difficulties in BBS between characters? So I can pick something harder once done with Terra.

Yes. But the requirements for the secret movie are based on whatever was the lowest difficulty you used iirc

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Wait Xehanort shares his name with the bad guy from the Care Bears?!

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Shoehead posted:

Wait Xehanort is the bad guy from the Care Bears?!

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Got up to the last boss on Ventus' storyline in bbs, even got to the last qte finisher but... it wont work? He just keeps missing and I've retried it 4 times now. Any clues what I'm doing wrong?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Debunk This! posted:

Got up to the last boss on Ventus' storyline in bbs, even got to the last qte finisher but... it wont work? He just keeps missing and I've retried it 4 times now. Any clues what I'm doing wrong?

It’s very finicky, you gotta make sure you’re facing Vanitas when you press X and be a couple steps away from him otherwise you’ll just miss
It’s Extremely Well Designed

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rirse posted:

You can.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I’m really amused by the large amount of KH Youtubers who want to make as many videos about KH3 as humanly possible but don’t want to get their videos taken down by Disney/SE so they’re just making dozens of videos over and over saying “LEAKS ARE OUT THERE! THEYRE GETTING WORSE AND WORSE! DONT LOOK AT THE SPOILERS! KH3 IS LEAKED! WATCH OUT! LEAKERS ARE BAD!!”

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Speaking of leaks, I just watched a couple of them.

I'm not gonna spoil anything, but just want everyone to rest assured that what little I saw about the plot it's more batshit insane nonsense than even DDD was, which at least to me makes the game better.

On the other hand the darkness darkness light darkness heart dialogue's cringe is turned up to eleven, so I will only be playing KH3 late at night when everyone else at home is asleep

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

the plot it's more batshit insane nonsense than even DDD was
the darkness darkness light darkness heart dialogue's cringe is turned up to eleven

So it's everything I ever wanted and more, I'm hype.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lezard_valeth posted:

On the other hand the darkness darkness light darkness heart dialogue's cringe is turned up to eleven, so I will only be playing KH3 late at night when everyone else at home is asleep

Coward

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

lezard_valeth posted:

Speaking of leaks, I just watched a couple of them.

I'm not gonna spoil anything, but just want everyone to rest assured that what little I saw about the plot it's more batshit insane nonsense than even DDD was, which at least to me makes the game better.

SUBMIT

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I'm almost at the end of Kingdom Hearts!

One!

only like 7 more games to go, I may have bitten off more than I can chew here.

fun game though, I stopped playing in Hollow Bastion when I apparently dead-ended myself by dropping down into a closed off area during the book maze. Couldn't figure out how to get out without resetting.

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 22, 2019

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
That's something I kinda missed from the first KH.The maps weren't that big but they had multiple layers and you could easily miss where you were supposed to be going.

Every KH game after the maps have been huge but very linear and lacked the platforming KH 1 had.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The platforrming and exploration in KH1 was so bad though.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

on the other hand gently caress areas like Deep Jungle where progression depends on you repeatedly checking every single room for the one that triggers the arbitrary event flag

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

lezard_valeth posted:

and you could easily miss where you were supposed to be going.

This was not a good thing.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Master of Masters and Luxu repping the black coat. Significant or lazy character design?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
There was a time when I was absolutely sure, I was positive that MoM was the next bad guy after this saga. I'm no longer so sure, but it's still hosed up that he instigated the keyblade war and murdered like thousands of kids.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Everyone laughed at Luxu's goat mask so he switched to the swag coat.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Gologle posted:

There was a time when I was absolutely sure, I was positive that MoM was the next bad guy after this saga. I'm no longer so sure, but it's still hosed up that he instigated the keyblade war and murdered like thousands of kids.

the master of masters is a clairvoyant fatalist who observed the inescapable matrix of catastrophe that lay in the multiverse's future and went "lol this owns"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oxxidation posted:

the master of masters is a clairvoyant fatalist who observed the inescapable matrix of catastrophe that lay in the multiverse's future and went "lol this owns"

Someone once described MoM (and the rest of Back Cover) as "a society of idiots elected Deadpool as their king" and yeah that fits with this.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
master of masters is a C-SPAM poster

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Augus posted:

on the other hand gently caress areas like Deep Jungle where progression depends on you repeatedly checking every single room for the one that triggers the arbitrary event flag

Yeah, a chunk of worlds in KH1 made *theoretical* sense but Deep Jungle was just bullshit just to try and make your way around.

That 1 world made KH2's approach much more appealing to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

Yeah this was really stupid and I'm glad that I just used a guide as was recommended in this thread. Most of the time it wasn't so bad - you just had to go back to the tent, but the bit towards the end where you need to fight the miniboss in the area that you need to climb up the vines to get to, from the area with the swinging vines, holy poo poo that's stupid.

Also, lmao at the troll move of having the climbable vines be on the initial platform and having the swinging vines be entirely optional, that definitely hosed me up when I played as a kid.