Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Sucks I'm working during the Indierect but I'm looking forward to seeing it. Indie games are often great.

I would say "on occasion" more than "often," though it's nice to have the few good ones highlighted so you don't have to sift through the shovelware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm entering day two of being sick. I decided Paper Mario TTYD would be a good use of my day after buying it years ago and never playing it. It's pretty fun and chill so far, I'm looking around in the sets below Rogueport. My only gripe with the game is Mario's black, beady, soulless eyes. They are unsettling.

just wait until you see Luigi!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
indie games are good with approximately the same frequency as aaa games

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Fallom posted:

I would say "on occasion" more than "often," though it's nice to have the few good ones highlighted so you don't have to sift through the shovelware.

Call me an optimist. That said your wording is more correct. I like the highlights as there they tend to have something redeeming about them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I wonder if there will be any metroidvanias with retro graphics

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/jenn_raye/status/1087736786393096192

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm havin' a prophecy here.

Nintendo will host a Direct on Wednesday, January 23rd 2019.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i want wargroove

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

what the gently caress is a touhou

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Fitzy Fitz posted:

memes

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q16KpquGsIc

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

War
Groove
Good God y'all
What is it good for?
Absolutely everything

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

hmm i don't like that

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

thats quite the red text/rap sheet

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Gripweed posted:

I wonder if there will be any metroidvanias with retro graphics

A man can dream

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I think what the switch is really missing a top down dungeon crawler shooter. Even better if it could have roguelike elements somehow

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Curious why NOA hasn't tweeted about the Indirect? Have there ever been NOE exclusive Directs?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I used my Switch Gift Card to buy Dead Cells last night so expect Wargroove shortly.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

RandomFerret posted:

I think what the switch is really missing a top down dungeon crawler shooter. Even better if it could have roguelike elements somehow

Binding of Isaac?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm guessing that's a joke that there are a lot of them but I only know of two (isaac and gungeon), I didn't know it was a wildly overexposed genre like indie metroidvania is.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Even indie Metroidvania only has a handful of really big titles.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I want Assault Android Cactus. Mostly cause it isn’t a rogue like and doesn’t try to have RPG elements or anything afaik, just a straight arcadey game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

No Wave posted:

I'm guessing that's a joke that there are a lot of them but I only know of two (isaac and gungeon), I didn't know it was a wildly overexposed genre like indie metroidvania is.

Nuclear Throne

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Where the gently caress is Chocobo's Dungeon :argh:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

:cursed:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

:great:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
That controller looks good enough to eat.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Fitzy Fitz posted:

one-man devteam makes scrolling shooters, has a lot of derivative fanworks, goons get weird, nothing much deeper than that

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

For the grey joycon haver who realizes their Switch is boring as gently caress

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

TheScott2K posted:

For the grey joycon haver who realizes their Switch is boring as gently caress

:negative:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm entering day two of being sick. I decided Paper Mario TTYD would be a good use of my day after buying it years ago and never playing it. It's pretty fun and chill so far, I'm looking around in the sets below Rogueport. My only gripe with the game is Mario's black, beady, soulless eyes. They are unsettling.

A great purchase, please enjoy it!

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Skins look so cool online but I'd be scared it would start to look crusty after some wear and tear.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

morallyobjected posted:

...I do agree that some of the areas were just slightly too big in terms of needing to get to one specific area and not having any convenient way to fast-travel there. overall a really fun game, though.

The dreamgate fixes the two places in the game where I felt this was an issue, the traitor lord boss fight, and the trek back to the grey mourner if you failed.

e: Oh and that one place in bottom-right of crystal peak with all the flipping platforms and the loving crystal hunters that take way too many hits to die for what little shits they are. :argh:

Foehammer fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 22, 2019

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

What we really need is a game about a sad boy or girl who moves to the right.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Foehammer posted:

The dreamgate fixes the two places in the game where I felt this was an issue, the traitor lord boss fight, and the trek back to the grey mourner if you failed.

i think some people are probably afraid to use the dream gate because of the cost but it's so convenient and you get more than enough dream juice for everything

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Looper posted:

i think some people are probably afraid to use the dream gate because of the cost but it's so convenient and you get more than enough dream juice for everything

I was an idiot and just set it up in Dirtmouth and didn't even think of setting it up right before boss rooms.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

The game should be way more clear about the fact that you can quit to menu at any time without losing anything (except your place on the map, since it just moves you back to the last bench you rested at).

Also that resting is what respawns most enemies...

Foehammer fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 22, 2019

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's Broggy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Imagined posted:

What we really need is a game about a sad boy or girl who moves to the right.
A...Soulja Boy.