Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Enkmar posted:

post a link

https://twitter.com/joefblue/status/1087401547355561984?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Phanatic posted:

At least it's a meningioma. "Benign" doesn't mean as much when the tumor's in the brain as if it's somewhere else, but if you're going to get a brain tumor a meningioma is what you want. My mom had one, the bitch was it was all tangled up with her cranial nerves and it took 18 hours of surgery to remove it, plus gamma-knife followup to get the vestiges so it wouldn't go back.

Also she had breast cancer. And lung cancer. Don't smoke, kids.

Yeah, I worked with a gal who had to have one removed. I guess it's a mixed blessing, since what she had wasn't cancerous but she still had to relearn how to walk.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Shut up Meg posted:

I'd love to know more about that: I'm guessing that kid having the tantrum has probably screwed over all the people he worked with, directly or indirectly

nah, gently caress that. him not getting paid hosed over the people he worked for. which is good.

also gently caress anyone for filming that and including any personally identifying details in descriptions or footage

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
lol britain has 3 cameras filming every single inch of the island, an extra phone cam isn't going to do anything

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

the guy trying to reason with the little killdozer that could, most osha part of it.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

violent sex idiot posted:

nah, gently caress that. him not getting paid hosed over the people he worked for. which is good.

also gently caress anyone for filming that and including any personally identifying details in descriptions or footage

He's hosed himself over much more than he's hosed anybody else. Even if he avoids jail, he's permanently unemployable after doing something like that.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

How can you read this thread and think someone can be unemployable in the construction industry?

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Hammerite posted:

He's hosed himself over much more than he's hosed anybody else. Even if he avoids jail, he's permanently unemployable after doing something like that.

Not to mention that half a million quid is easily enough to cause an SME building firm to collapse: loving over their employees, contractors and suppliers.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

duz posted:

How can you read this thread and think someone can be unemployable in the construction industry?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Shut up Meg posted:

Not to mention that half a million quid is easily enough to cause an SME building firm to collapse: loving over their employees, contractors and suppliers.

Guess they shouldn't have played games with payroll then.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Just got my annual 40 hour hazwoper refresher done. It is me. I am osha.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Shut up Meg posted:

its fairly difficult for me to feel a lot of sympathy for the company that does not pay their employees on time

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Unless it's true that the bank was doing something lovely/dumb rather than the construction company, which was one aspect of the story at one point. It was alleged that they cut the check on time but the bank stalled. That was according to a post on Imgur prior to the one linked above, though, so take it as you will.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
That’s the story horrible rag The Sum is running with for now, so I’d be pretty skeptical of it pending further news.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Bad Munki posted:

Was there any more backstory on the dude wrecking that building? I saw that it was concerning £600 in some fashion but what exactly was the dispute?

Found some more info on Killerbackhoe dude. He's got a gofundme going and there's £2700 in it already

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-46953987

quote:

"It is alleged that the labourer couldn't track down the owner of MF Construction and he became increasingly frustrated [so] took it upon himself to drive a small mini excavator through the front entrance screen of the hotel," the Triton Construction spokesman added.

MF Construction have not responded to requests for a comment.

An online page set up to help fund "unpaid wages" has seen more than £2,700 pledged.

Jack Wellon, who launched the campaign, said it was "a contractor versus worker situation and guess who usually comes out on top with huge payouts and the worker going short? Not this time".

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

tactlessbastard posted:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah gently caress that noise. Good on our killdozer friend there. When you're poor getting your paycheck a month late can gently caress you over enormously.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

tactlessbastard posted:

MF Construction Ltd gets a £500k loss because of the tantrum.
MF Construction Ltd goes into voluntary liquidation.
MF Construction (Liverpool) Ltd starts trading. Director is wife of ex director of MF Construction Ltd.
Liquidators get called in.
Contractors are classed as unsecured creditors.
Tiny Tim goes hungry at christmas.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Truga posted:

employer stole 600 of his wage

he caused 480k worth of damage in return. i wish this kind of bs happened every time lmao

except he was employed by a sub-contractor so he might as well have dozed your home for the same effect on his employer

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Shut up Meg posted:

MF Construction (Liverpool) Ltd starts trading. Director is wife of ex director of MF Construction Ltd.

Employees are not unsecured creditors (or indeed creditors at all) under UK law, and contractors who are not self-employed are classed as employees.

Either way the main people getting hosed over are the owners, who lose all the stake in the business they had before.

e: Technically if it's more than 8 weeks they are creditors, but the eight weeks are guaranteed by the insolvency service.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 22, 2019

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Private Speech posted:

Either way the main people getting hosed over are the owners, who lose all the stake in the business they had before.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Doesn't seem like they were doing very well in the first place then.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

lmao whose bootlicking rereg are you

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Private Speech posted:

Doesn't seem like they were doing very well in the first place then.

They never do.

And the ones who always suffer are the workers. It's naive to think otherwise.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

https://nypost.com/2019/01/21/flight-attendant-says-overweight-passenger-forced-her-to-wipe-his-butt/

Some choice snippets.

quote:

An overweight passenger aboard a Taiwanese airliner forced flight attendants to remove his pants so he could use the toilet — then wipe his butt as he moaned in pleasure, according to reports.

The sicko, who was confined to a wheelchair, told the flight attendants that he needed assistance to use the lavatory about two hours into the flight.

“I told him we couldn’t help him, but he started yelling. He told me to go in there immediately and threatened to relieve himself on the floor,” she said, according to the Daily Mail.

The women managed to keep the door closed, but the man — whose weight was estimated to be 440 pounds — then refused to leave the bathroom unless they wiped his backside after he finished with his business.

But things took a turn for the worse when the chief attendant donned three pairs of latex gloves and began wiping him. “He said, ‘Oh, mmm, deeper, deeper,’ and then accused my chief attendant of not properly cleaning his backside, requesting that she do it again,” she said.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Shut up Meg posted:

Poor Tiny Tim, getting denied the right to grow up and tell poor people "gently caress you, got mine."

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

ruddiger posted:

Poor Tiny Tim, getting denied the right to grow up and tell poor people "gently caress you, got mine."

Lol, what the gently caress are you talking about?

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Tiny Tim's parents had opportunity and privileges (enough to start a failing construction company) therefore Tim can get hosed

I think that's rudigerts point

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BloodRed posted:

Tiny Tim's parents had opportunity and privileges (enough to start a failing construction company) therefore Tim can get hosed

apparently my copy of a muppet christmas carol had some scenes cut

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
That's right boys and girls, let companies run roughshod over you and withhold pay on christmas because if you do anything to them they'll kill their hostages and it will be your fault, not the hostage taking thieves.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

BloodRed posted:

Tiny Tim was the son of Cratchit (sp?), not Scrooge.

It should not take a lesser truck-fuckling to point this out.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Woman Known as the 'Bikini Climber' Freezes to Death After 65-Foot Fall Down Mountain

A Taiwanese woman, known as the “Bikini Climber”, has tragically died after freezing to death following a fall.

GiGi Wu, 36, was embarking on a 25-day hike when she stumbled 65 feet down a ravine in Central Taiwan’s Yushan Mountain, Taiwan News reported.

Due to the impact of the fall, Wu sustained injuries to her leg and was unable to move, the outlet reported.

Despite her many calls for help, emergency responders were not able to immediately reach her as weather conditions were extremely dangerous.

Nearly 28 hours later, Wu was airlifted out but was pronounced dead, officials said, according to local site Liberty News.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...nifwdz35OIu7vdw

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Obviously an act of protest won't be good for him personally but it would be good if companies get the message that screwing over their employees is more trouble than it's worth.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

apparently my copy of a muppet christmas carol had some scenes cut

At the end when Gonzo is summing up, and says, "... and to Tiny Tim, who did NOT die..."

That's a straight quote from the original Dickens, emphasis included

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/46/46-h/46-h.htm

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

So hw did this end? In America, it woulda been bullets.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Burt Sexual posted:

At five o'clock he went to have a cup of tea.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

https://i.imgur.com/Kzu1B7t.gifv

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Obviously an act of protest won't be good for him personally but it would be good if companies get the message that screwing over their employees is more trouble than it's worth.

As long as fewer than on in a thousand employees act like this guy, the employer still comes out ahead with wage theft.

:capitalism:

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Burt Sexual posted:

he left the digger in the lobby and left the premises.

no idea what happened after that i guess he got arrested at home