Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Over There posted:

Skins look so cool online but I'd be scared it would start to look crusty after some wear and tear.

Ah, I see you've found my darknet etsy page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Nuclear Throne

it's never going to happen

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I read this as "Tatsunoko" for a moment and got excited. :argh:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I played so much diablo yesterday that by the end of it my left thumb was getting tired/sore which hasn't happened in idk 15 years. A good day.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DLC Inc posted:

it's never going to happen

I was just using it as another example of that kind of game

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Your Computer posted:

which is why it's a good thing we have the internet, so if someone's worried about "losing hours of progress" we can tell them that no, it's not a big deal, don't worry about it and just play the game and have fun :yeah:

Alright, I'll give HK another shot. Really wish the Geo design was less confusing (it matters and it doesn't! you can get it back but you can't!) but eh

LethalGeek posted:

I played so much diablo yesterday that by the end of it my left thumb was getting tired/sore which hasn't happened in idk 15 years. A good day.

I've never played a Diablo game, is D3 worth getting into? I mean is it going to be lots of homework and getting punished for marignally suboptimal choices or can I just chill with it

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I really want Spelunky. I know the upcoming sequel has at least temporary console exclusivity on PS4 but I’d really like to see the first one at least on Switch.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

RE Diablo: It’s the most chill possible. Everything can be changed at any time with no penalties. You can pretty much autopilot it or min-max to your heart’s content - whichever you please.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

dantheman650 posted:

RE Diablo: It’s the most chill possible. Everything can be changed at any time with no penalties. You can pretty much autopilot it or min-max to your heart’s content - whichever you please.
The most chill possible is actually DQ Builders. Diablo is good though.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

LethalGeek posted:

Yeah I did a lot of Diablo over the weekend. Good game.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

LethalGeek posted:

I remember developing callouses after a day or two when Brawl came out. I think I redevolped them when Smash Wii U came out.

No callouses for Ultimate, despite being better than the previous two. I wish I had that free time again.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

organburner posted:

Anyone can recommend some good local co-op games? I'm in a weird place emotionally and want to play games with friends but can't handle competetive stuff as I uh, get really mad (just got off SSRI's and my brain juices are hosed up)
I already have snipperclips, kirby, neurovoider and overcooked, but if there's something cheap and good I'm missing let me know.

From a few pages ago, but No Reload Heroes is pretty dang fun coop for the price

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Yeah I did a lot of Diablo over the weekend. Good game.

I started a Demon Hunter yesterday. At first I said to myself "Crap I hate having to play the first 1hr of this game every time."

15 minutes later I had completely forgotten I said that, and was having a blast. D3 on Switch is insanely good. Started my character in the living room with a cup of coffee during the morning. Finished my day by crawling into bed and completing the last bit of a quest.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

The Bloop posted:

From a few pages ago, but No Reload Heroes is pretty dang fun coop for the price

Dang for a second there I thought you were referring to Travis Strikes Again via a cute jokey name, but then I remembered there actually is a game called no reload heroes

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Beastie posted:

I started a Demon Hunter yesterday. At first I said to myself "Crap I hate having to play the first 1hr of this game every time."

15 minutes later I had completely forgotten I said that, and was having a blast. D3 on Switch is insanely good. Started my character in the living room with a cup of coffee during the morning. Finished my day by crawling into bed and completing the last bit of a quest.

Darkening of Tristram is a great way to start a new character right now. Gets you up to level 30 in one go, plus the retro graphics, sounds, etc.

e: I'm doing barbarian for the first time and he rules. Just tornado through everything.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Goons with children, would a 4 year old be able to get into Overcooked 2? Or more accurately, would 2 adults be able to carry a 4 year old through it :v:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You could probably carry a 4 year old through it somewhat but they would have no idea what was happening.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Idk if there's an easy mode in 2 or not but OC seems a bit too fast paced for a 4 year old. Worth a shot though, could be fun.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Leal posted:

Goons with children, would a 4 year old be able to get into Overcooked 2? Or more accurately, would 2 adults be able to carry a 4 year old through it :v:

I can sort of get my 4 year old to play NSMBUD with some major help carrying their character over gaps and using the bubble, and my wife can barely grasp the concept of multitasking when we tried Overcook.

I am going to say no.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

even if kids could process it, overcooked requires a pretty relentless pace past the first couple levels, from what i've seen

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Leal posted:

Have fun screaming at your 4 year old as the tomoto soup burns because they couldn't chop the 3rd tomato fast enough.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Some people talk about their kids being Mario savants at 4-5 years old, and I don't doubt them. But I think my 6.5-year-old is much more typical of controller-based* games, and she still hits Back when she means OK and OK when she means Back just trying to navigate the menus in Snipperclips. She can handle movement and one button OK so long as all she has to do is "move and hit button haphazardly."

*Touch-screen games she is much more comfortable with, obviously, and she'd much rather play some drag-around racing game on her Kindle than get frustrated with a PS4 or even a single Switch joycon.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I think you'll find that Dark Souls is the most chill game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kirios posted:

I think you'll find that Dark Souls is the most chill game.

If your kid can't do a damageless all bosses Bloodborne run by the age of 3 then you should question your parenting skills

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Beastie posted:

Have fun screaming at your 4 year old as the tomoto soup burns because they couldn't chop the 3rd tomato fast enough.

You raise a good point :getin:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Beastie posted:

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I will add, my wife and I put our kids to bed one night, spent 3 hours silently and flawlessly playing Overcooked. We finished up, looked at each other and said, "Jesus, didn't we JUST finish doing that all day in real life?" and never touched the game again.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nthing that console D3 is super chill by default and also gives you the space to turn the difficulty all the way up to :fuckoff: levels.

Beastie posted:

I could not imagine playing Overcooked with a small child when adults can barely hang on sometimes lol.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

LethalGeek posted:

Nthing that console D3 is super chill by default and also gives you the space to turn the difficulty all the way up to :fuckoff: levels.
I could not imagine playing Overcooked with a small child when adults can barely hang on sometimes lol.

Yeah my girlfriend and I have to practically meditate beforehand and tell ourselves to be nice, that neither of us are doing poorly on purpose.

"Honey, I promise that whatever I say over the next 45 minutes has no merit outside of this game."

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Spelunky port to switch would be lovely, especially if they include the Daily Challenge seed stuff, but i'm not holding my breath. they seem too busy with S2

i want more news on that black and white point-and-click j-horror game that was teased a while back, i can't remember what it's called

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

I am popping in to report that the switch is incredible and the catalogue they've put out in just 2 years contains more classics than you can shake a stick at.

welp, see ya later

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Where the gently caress is my Rhythm Paradise Best Of Mega Compilation Switch Party Edition game, Nintendo

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I wish the Diablo 1 event wasn't so short. It looks pretty cool but I have way too much of a switch backlog to pick up D3 this month. Do they usually bring stuff like that back periodically?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I've bought my third copy of Stardew Valley and THIS TIME is the time I can actually get into it. PC wasn't pick up and play enough and vita just wasn't working for me for some reason.

Thank you Nintendo Switch.

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012

FuzzySlippers posted:

I wish the Diablo 1 event wasn't so short. It looks pretty cool but I have way too much of a switch backlog to pick up D3 this month. Do they usually bring stuff like that back periodically?

That event occurs every January, since 2017, so you can do it next year. :)

Kinda odd that it doesn't show up any other time, since there's no events in D3, other than Seasons.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

All the guides talk about having to start the event at level 1 to get all the rewards. Don't you get to level 2 almost immediately when starting the game? How do you get to the event at level 1?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Fallom posted:

All the guides talk about having to start the event at level 1 to get all the rewards. Don't you get to level 2 almost immediately when starting the game? How do you get to the event at level 1?

You can start a new character in any town at any difficulty in adventure mode. I would think you could warp/run to the event once you spawn in

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it wont happen but I am hoping that they just do that indies showcase tomorrow and are like Wargroove...available now

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

eonwe posted:

it wont happen but I am hoping that they just do that indies showcase tomorrow and are like Wargroove...available now

it's looking incredibly likely to be dropping extremely soon judging by all the teases the dev has been doing this month so this isn't entirely out of the question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
am I the only one who keeps forgetting that Wargroove is the not-advance-wars with dog? I thought you guys were talking about that robot shooting game or something, which I'm not really interested in

but I'm actually super interested in this game, I just keep forgetting it's called 'Wargroove'