Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Burnt Poffin posted:

That event occurs every January, since 2017, so you can do it next year. :)

Kinda odd that it doesn't show up any other time, since there's no events in D3, other than Seasons.

Because if it was always there, nobody would care. It’s not much of an ‘event’ but because it’s there every year they get to put D3 back in the news at least once a year with their clickbait retro event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Steamworld 2 on the switch is a godly experience. Playing it every time I have to take a bus is so good

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/1087868316763320320

Wrap it up boys. Nintendo is doomed.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I still can't believe how much third party support Nintendo is finally getting

Pretty much any indie game on PC is also on the Switch nowadays, or heading that way

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

eonwe posted:

I still can't believe how much third party support Nintendo is finally getting

Pretty much any indie game on PC is also on the Switch nowadays, or heading that way

Switch is basically the perfect console for indies really. Like so many of these games feel perfect on handheld mode.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CompileHeartWeb/status/1087879392875839488
Congratulations

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
It's just picking up where the Vita left off

Ninja edit: well that's just fantastic timing right there

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Butter Hole posted:

I am popping in to report that the switch is incredible and the catalogue they've put out in just 2 years contains more classics than you can shake a stick at.

welp, see ya later

it's a great machine, OP

shame about nintendo's QC this go around, i swear I've seen more Switch hardware and paraphenalia(?) poo poo the bed than I ever saw 360 RRODs or failing PS2 disc drives

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yeah the joy cons are kinda fragile. Other than that, solid hardware all around

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

KingSlime posted:

Yeah, I think the switch reeeeeeally could have used a proper D-pad instead of the odd choice of a 2nd set of face buttons, but other than that it's pretty much perfect.

I get that this would have made the whole "joycons can be split into two controllers" thing a lot less viable but to me the trade off wasn't worth it.

edit: there was a joycon being sold a while back with a proper D-pad wasn't there? How was the quality of that thing?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

KingSlime posted:

I was thinking of the joycons but also the charging/dock issues. Guess that's less QC and more a design/spec flaw though

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

GreatGreen posted:

edit: there was a joycon being sold a while back with a proper D-pad wasn't there? How was the quality of that thing?

Yes, the Hori dpad joycon and it’s phenomenal for dpad games. The dpad itself is really good. Handheld only though. I guess the thought is If you’re playing docked you have the pro controller

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y_21kBArcE

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I'm set to buy a Switch very soon, what controllers should I get? I'm planning to play fighting games (like Street Fighter) in it, but I'll also be spending a lot of time with musou games, XBC2, and the likes. Maybe Diablo if I hate myself enough. I don't have a TV so I'll be playing on handheld mode most of the time (but docked too for playing with people).

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The pro controller is the best one, but it's pricey and you don't really need it for single player, the joy cons and the grip holder that comes in the box does a fine job. If you just want an extra controller for two player games, I think 8bitdo has the best quality to price ratio

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1087902584600514561

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i'll have you know that investors were PUMMELED

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Fallom posted:

i'll have you know that investors were PUMMELED

POUNDED IN THE BUTT
BY MY PREMATURE
INVESTOR CALCULATIONS
OF NINTONDO SALES NUMBERS
IN A POST-SUPER SMASHED
BUCKAROOS WORLD

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Schneider Heim posted:

I'm set to buy a Switch very soon, what controllers should I get? I'm planning to play fighting games (like Street Fighter) in it, but I'll also be spending a lot of time with musou games, XBC2, and the likes. Maybe Diablo if I hate myself enough. I don't have a TV so I'll be playing on handheld mode most of the time (but docked too for playing with people).

You have a ton of options. Just look at what appeals you to you. You can even connect controllers from other systems with dongles.

Joycons are good for all the games you listed except maybe SF. You don’t really need anything else for playing portably/tabletop unless you have really large hands.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Just starting Wandersong. Does it keep the pace and frequency it’s so far set? Because I’m finding it to be kind of slow and “interrupted” by all the reading dialog...

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Feenix posted:

Just starting Wandersong. Does it keep the pace and frequency it’s so far set? Because I’m finding it to be kind of slow and “interrupted” by all the reading dialog...

How far are you in? You can kind of roam around and mess with the world and sing the whole time, so i never noticed. It's musical toki tori2+.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

bushisms.txt posted:

How far are you in? You can kind of roam around and mess with the world and sing the whole time, so i never noticed. It's musical toki tori2+.

Like 30 min. Just felt like a bit more dialog/talking then I was wanting.

Hopefully it slows...

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
So xenon racer pretty much means no f zero ever.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

she owns

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

eonwe posted:

she owns

She's the coolest

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Why isn’t there a DMC port on this console yet :thunk:

Bayonetta

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

THE SHADOW REMAINS CAST

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

What even is this? Dragon's Lair, but anime?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

It's a visual novel

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nintendo Switch: Dragon’s Lair, but anime

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mister Facetious posted:

Some sort of story but with moving pictures???

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

Kind of, but Dragon’s Lair has more gameplay.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mister Facetious posted:

There's text and video that tells you a story and at certain moments you have to make choices which effect what happens in the story.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I mean that's just life dude, if you really think about it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I mean that's just life dude, if you really think about it

Yeah but in real life you don't get to meet John Titor

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fun thread of spirits as represented by their stand ins

https://twitter.com/FuPoo/status/1083802797420806144?s=19

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

where is this direct playing

edit: oh here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8eRT4HVT1U