Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I had to refute this bullshit the other day because apparently this is a thing people believe:

The court case cited in this loving pixelbox only ever brought up the legal status of the parents of someone born in the US within the context of "they're not diplomats of a foreign government."

Yet somehow this has been twisted into "gotta be here legally, gently caress you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

McNally posted:

I had to refute this bullshit the other day because apparently this is a thing people believe:

Keep up the good fight, there isn't another way to win.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Kamala Harris’ parentage doesn’t preclude her from being president. Her being a cop precludes her from being president.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Kamala Harris’ parentage doesn’t preclude her from being president. Her being a cop precludes her from being president.

That said if it comes down to Donnie Diaper and Kamala Harris in the election I'd vote for Harris in a heartbeat because i know that 4 more years of Trump will leave the US nonexistent.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Whoops when I said people I forgot that included the help

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i said people, not slaves

edit: sorry, sorry, i'm trying to remove it

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Something about representatives and senators from Vermont making racial gaffes like Bernie and now this guy

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
bad: racial gaffes

good: law and order democrats who made their bones prosecuting black people for literally anything they could think of

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

McNally posted:

The court case cited in this loving pixelbox only ever brought up the legal status of the parents of someone born in the US within the context of "they're not diplomats of a foreign government."

Yet somehow this has been twisted into "gotta be here legally, gently caress you."

And I thought 'succdem' was the stupidest thing I was going to learn about today.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The knock on AOC has been "gonna be a freshman in the House, with zero power, she's just noisy".

Say hello to the Democrats on the House Oversight Committee.

https://twitter.com/LissandraVilla/status/1087865269924564992

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

thats a good place for someone who knows how to twitter tbh

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

When is this kid getting arrested

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

Nine days after Donald Trump won the presidency, as scores of supporters clamored for meetings with his transition team, the Hollywood producer of “The Apprentice,” Mark Burnett, reached out to one of Trump’s closest advisers to see if he would sit down with a banker who has long held ties to Russia.

The banker, Robert Foresman, never got the role he was seeking with the fledgling Trump administration. But he has recently attracted the attention of congressional investigators as one more name on an expanding list of Americans with established ties inside the Kremlin who appears to have been seeking access to the newly elected president’s inner circle, according to three sources familiar with the matter.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-banker-ties-putins-circle-sought-access-trump/story?id=60521702

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

how many committees is AOC on at this point?

wikipedia also lists the Financial Services committee

I'm wondering if the older dems are trying to keep her suppressed by basically burying her in assignments.

Not that the oversight committee is busywork...

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MRC48B posted:

I'm wondering if the older dems are trying to keep her suppressed by basically burying her in assignments.

Nope. AOC supported Pelosi during a critical time, basically when moderate Democrats were making noises against Pelosi. AOC grabbed media coverage, called Pelosi a steadfast liberal under attack by more conservative democrats, and that was the end of the anti-Pelosi insurgency. Liberals were yelling for new blood in leadership, but the other potential leaders weren't liberals!

These high-level committee assignments are Pelosi's payback to AOC for her early support. The insurrectionists got poo poo posts.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
The letter E is banned from use in this thread for the next five posts.

The next five posts may not address, directly or indirectly, this post and must continue existing conversations or introduce new discussions of current events.

URLs may not contain the letter E either.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

well poo poo if it comes down to her or trump i'll probably just sit this one out then

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mcnally ur dumb

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

These high-level committee assignments are Pelosi's payback to AOC for her early support. The insurrectionists got poo poo posts.

AOC knows social; AOC knows politics

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

colachute posted:

well poo poo if it comes down to her or trump i'll probably just sit this one out then

blU nO mAttR wHo

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I concur with this post.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

folks trying to spin AOC and Rashida Tlaib sitting among big-shot committ** s*ats in congr*ss as a n*gativ* ar* just mad th*y couldn't hav* staff*d th*m with all tim ryans and st*ny hoy*rs in th* joint

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 23, 2019

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Kinda dickish to just call McNally out apropos of nothing.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Fiveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
In this country, two things stand first in rank: your flag and your mail. You all know what honor you pay to your flag, but you should know, also, that your mail, — just that ordinary postal card—is also important. But a postal card, or any form of mail, is not important, in that way, until you drop it through a slot in this building, and with a stamp on it, or into a mail box outdoors. Up to that instant it is but a common card, which anybody can pick up and carry off without committing a criminal act. But as soon as it is in back of this partition, or in a mail box, a magical transformation occurs; and anybody who now should willfully purloin it, or obstruct its trip in any way, will find prison doors awaiting him. What a frail thing ordinary mail is! A baby could rip it apart, but no adult is so foolish as to do it. That small stamp which you stick on it, is, you might say, a postal official, going right along with it, having it always in his sight.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
drat too late for the word game

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
never too late to sass, though

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Former speechwriter for George W. Bush? Who the gently caress gave this guy a job after being a part of that global catastrophe? Shouldn't he be painting the ghosts of Iraqi children?

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1087889501047930880

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

https://twitter.com/Potbelly/status/1085749464961347586

:same:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

McNally posted:

The next five posts may not address, directly or indirectly, this post and must continue existing conversations or introduce new discussions of current events.

gently caress you fuckman

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Someone infest his house with bed bugs and tell him that it's okay because bed bugs aren't deadly. What a prick.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Thought it was hookworm that was one of the problems in Alabama.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
pelting him with dog poo poo also not deadly

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Thought it was hookworm that was one of the problems in Alabama.

Hookworm was an issue in the south before indoor plumbing but I don't think it's that big a crisis anymore.

"Its ignorant because I disagree with it! She is always disagreeing with me! Therefore she is just ignorant!"
lol dude talks like michael jackson

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 23, 2019

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
Dog poo poo is too good for him.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just seems odd to me, being that ringworms are smaller and not all that uncommon in agriculture across the country.

Hookworms are definitely a sewage thing, and I remember seeing something about all the poor as gently caress counties down south that can't hook up sanitation to people, and septic tanks overflow or fail all the drat time there.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Just seems odd to me, being that ringworms are smaller and not all that uncommon in agriculture across the country.

Hookworms are definitely a sewage thing, and I remember seeing something about all the poor as gently caress counties down south that can't hook up sanitation to people, and septic tanks overflow or fail all the drat time there.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1087884746129108993

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

orange juche posted:

That said if it comes down to Donnie Diaper and Kamala Harris in the election I'd vote for Harris in a heartbeat because i know that 4 more years of Trump will leave the US nonexistent.

Yeah, for real this.

At this point I don't care if she was a cop if she can defeat the Hair Furor and will sign the right legislation.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

McNally posted:

suck my dick from back you gently caress man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

McNally posted:

I’m gay